Gase Press Conference 3/26

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He's a straight shooter and a very smart football guy. In contrast BB and Parcells were devious manipulators and very smart football guys.

Some coaches can command a room and win by treating everyone the same way. There are coaches who like to push the buttons of the individuals in order to get the most out of them. A lot will depend on the locker room and leadership of the key guys buying in.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I just remember we couldn't score any touchdowns.

3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Very refreshing and transparent. Its been a while that I am actually excited about the coaching staff expertise and how they will use the players they have to succeed. 4/8 can not come fast enough.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm the farthest thing from grammar police, but I literally cannot tell what the hell you are trying to communicate here.

I will never understand why anyone cares about press conferences. Life is short and I only have so many shits to give, and NFL press conferences don't make the grade.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget Gase is married and has kids..How he got past the first date says volumes!!

“Private Eyes” song >>>too funny

Guy is a very cerebral Coach and the Team should respect him. I am not sure how he rubbed players the wrong way.. he hopefully has learned

6. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Liked the press conference. He was on PFT aswell and actually sounds like a decent guy and quite funny in an odd way.

Starting to think he's very mcvay as in he's 150% football all the time, which is nice.

As much as i hate to say it. New york media needs a decent guy that keeps the reporters on side, keeps the hack pieces quieter.

As for gase leaving the dolphins, from what I've heard so far this offseason. He wanted to win and the dolphins wanted to tank.

Put that with their record last year. Thats all i needed to hear from their divorce to be happy with him.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this. So far he seems like the anti-Bowles.

Bowles was horrible in close games. 4th quarters were like a horror movie. He turtled almost every time he had a 4th quarter lead and ended up blowing it.

I think this year will be a refreshing change of pace.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Because the only one around was the butt-ugly one that Siemian was wearing, and we all know Gase needs to shield his eyes. Or we need him to shield his eyes.

On the other hand, maybe he was wearing one of the new ones with the emperor's new logo.

#48 Ralebird, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am 59 years old and I tried to do this without my glasses so I couldn’t see what I typed. My bad I can actually write. That wasn’t like the in season press conference he does on wed.That’s total bs . This was our new coach with the beat writers taking jets at a table and was very informal It’s the first time I heard him talk since that awful first day. I thought it was awesome and a real delight to hear my head coach being so honest. How often are we gonna hear a 60 min conversation talking jets. I don’t enjoy formal press conferences and I never enjoyed any Todd Bowles conversations. This was a delight.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I didn't hear the bolded part, I'll have to do a re-listen, but Tweet the playbook to the players?! Is that a good idea? Not being a smart ass/facetious, but Twitter is notoriously hackable as well as easily hackable even if you only have slightly above average computer knowledge. I don't like this at all.

11. spinjani

spinjani Member

I'm willing to wager he meant tweak the playbook to suit the players.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

While I do like that he said they are going to be mindful of Bell's workload, I don't like that he brought up the "success" he had in Miami using RBBC. He put Frank Gore ahead of Kenyan Drake in the RB rotation and used him far more. Anyone with a functioning brain is aware of how bad a decision that is. You'd like to assume that he won't go any lower than a 75/25 split between a star running back and whatever two other guys are playing the position.

13. jetophile

Ah, duh, that makes sense, because all I thought was what the frig? Autocorrect is the likely culprit. I hate it so much. I've gotten in the habit of proof-reading texts because of it (and I hate texting) and it will change it a nanosecond before I hit send. I've had some doozies. I don't make sense as it is, but when even I can't understand me, that's a big problem, lol.

#53 jetophile, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  14. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Sounds completely reasonable. Not my cup of tea, but thank you for taking the time to explain why you see it that way.
    I'm glad you're already excited about the Jets-- I'll catch up and get excited about two days before the draft, as is my custom.

15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Ah, true.

In this case, we are talking about a proven and superstar running back here in Le'Veon Bell. Hopefully, Gase sees that.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I agree.

He should do a Mission Impossible style briefing.

Put it on a tape that blows up after listening to it once.

Strike that...maybe the tape needs to play a few times before self destructing.

These are NFL players we're dealing with...

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am like you, I don't pay attention to the draft until a few days before. I am excited about the new uniforms and the schedule release all prior to the draft. Once the draft is complete and they have the OTA's its bye-bye football until camp.

mrjet80 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  18. jetophile

As long as we don't have to see that whiny nasally gayblade idiot Scientologist Tom Cruise, I'm down.

The Jerry O'Connell Tom Cruise parody, the first time I saw it I laughed so hard I almost choked to death. It never gets old. Watch both of them for context.

[​IMG]

Nothing screams "I am not gay" louder than racing away on a motorcycle trying to escape a ball of flame.

[​IMG]

What was this about again? The playbook. Right.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Tom Cruise?...he's too busy being a deity and shit.

Nah...I was thinking OG MI...Martin Landau & Barbara Baines.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If he tweets the playbook he should be fired on the spot.

LAJet and Red Menace like this.