Does this happen to other Jets fan outside NY area?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stagman, Mar 22, 2019.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

So how did you become a Jets fan?

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Boring story. You don't wanna know. Lol.

Truly boring. Back in 2004 my wife got accepted to Columbia University PhD program. I asked my company to move me to New York and they did. At first I didn't really get into football. But then I started to like what I saw. Then I said I have to pick one of the New York teams as my team. I picked Jets because they were the under dogs and the Namath story grabbed my attention big time. It looked like a Metin Oktay story for my soccer team Galatasaray. I also hated the color Blue due to Galatasaray's arch rival Fenerbahce. So it was an easy decision to root for the Jets. And here I am.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

No worries. I was born in '68 so I never got to see SB III and have been rooting, praying, begging for this team to somehow, some way allow me to see a SB in my lifetime.

Your's is certainly the road extremely less traveled to end up as a Jets fan...

KurtTheJetsFan and Brook! like this.
  4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Call me a bitch if you want, but I've lived in the Boston area for the past 1.5 years and have not once worn anything showing NY teams. Not worth the risk of one idiot who decides to start something over a shirt or hat. It'd be like wearing a MAGA hat around. Most people probably won't bother you, but all it takes is one or a few idiots who want to start crap.

5. Ok,bitch:) JK..

I took a flight out of logan first day of FA..i was decked out in all jets...got plenty of dirty looks & i just gave em right back. Was on a packed flight into O’hare..was literally the only person w an empty seat next to him. Was quite pleased w my choice of wardrobe :)

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

So true. Everyone transplants to South Florida so no one questions their fanship. No one cares who you’re a fan of, so one year you can be “the biggest diehard heat fan” and the next year it’s all about Golden State. Then suddenly you’ve really been a Lakers because of your stepdad... I hate South Florida so much, and it has nothing to do with the Dolpins. I’ve lived in the Florida Keys for 7 years, and it is nothing like South Florida, but any time I have to go there for anything I’m not happy until I leave the mainland again.

stinkyB and TonyFtLaud like this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I live in the middle of Steeler country. I just tell them to quit being bitter and enjoy finishing behind Cleveland this year.

Peebag likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I moved to AZ and attend a ton of Cardinal games. I wear a Jets shirt with a Cardinal hat. Everyone who lives in AZ and goes to games who's over 40 is a fan of another team. It's actually fun talking to Bears fans, Chiefs fans most of them go back to the 60's and 70's. Great football discussions. Most of the older ones remember Namath. I had a guy who remembered him from Alabama talk my ear off. It was great.

Sadly there is a growing number of young fans wearing Brady shirts. The Pats fan base has expanded nationally to a younger generation. I'm not one of these older guys who's jealous or hates younger guys. I do despise the fact that every time I have to take a shit at a game, it seems like a 20 something in a Brady Shirt is coming out of the stall and decided to piss all over the toilet seat. What's up with that?

9. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Because they are the homosexuals

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've somehow managed to avoid taking a shit at any game I've attended.

It may not mean much...but my life isn't exactly full of great achievements...:confused:

Ralebird and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

No offense, but if you're gonna take a shit in a public stall in an event full of 60,000 drunks, you're kinda signing up for that....

12. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I live in Arizona and I swear fans from other teams go out of their way to talk shit on the Jets when they see me wearing my Jets gear. Even the crappy teams fans talk shit. Browns Redskins you name the crap team and their fans have talked shit to me. One day hopefully the punchline will be on their team and not the Jets. People can be total assholes.

On the flip side one of the best relationships I have ever had with an opposing team was and guy who rooted for the patriots since their inception. He was totally down to earth and hated how a majority of pats fans started to act once they started peeling off SB wins with brady and bb.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Have you tried the bratwurst?

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I also try avoid stadium meat...although I have knocked off numerous Dodger Dogs.

They're pretty good.

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

This is called having haters...

A stark upgrade from being the brunt of a joke.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are they really haters if you haven't won jack shit?

Baumeister likes this.