Andre Roberts Signs with Bills

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Falco21, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This sucks!

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Can’t make myself care. He was nothing before the Jets, no reason to believe he’ll be anything after.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Voluntarily???

Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Agreed, but he was part of what made our special teams so good last year. We haven't had a good kick returner in a long time. We finally get one that makes the pro bowl for it, and he walks

Mogriffjr and CBG like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Totally agree---> anyone who is not upset by this is kidding themselves the guy played great on Special Teams

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Jets ST was more scheme and coaching then the actual players because they have to replace Myers and Roberts who for the most part were marginal players before last year.

FJF likes this.
  7. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

It honestly didn’t seem as though he wanted to come back. From the way he was talking on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BLottZ

BLottZ Member

Liked him and wanted him back but in reality it prob wont matter as long as we get someone serviceable that isnt Trenton Cannon.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’m not upset and I’m not kidding myself. He’s a 31 year old kick returner that was a journeyman until our ST coach got him. No reason to think he’ll be as good anywhere else or that we can’t find an ample replacement.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Don't worry, a weak special teams will help us tank for draft position. BPA defensive linemen don't draft themselves you know. And by stopping the run we can ensure our offense will be on the field longer, giving opposing defenses more opportunities to exploit our OL and blast Darnold. The extra hits will be good for his development.

phubbadaman likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Seriously, it seems like Mac credits Boyer for the ST success, not the players. I hope he's right.

PabloJa likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Doesn’t crowder return punts?

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Didn't we have many great returners when Westhoff was the ST coach? If Boyer's as good as we think, the return game shouldn't miss a beat.

stinkyB and PabloJa like this.
  14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll find out if Boyer is the real deal as a ST coach........but yeah he is 31 years old more time behind him then in front of him. And what's with the Bills signing the senior citizen squad the last couple of days ?

15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This guarantees he runs one back against the Jets next season.

Buffalo Physco should be here any moment to tell us how Roberts is the greatest to ever play the game and will take them to the super bowl.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

pretty much. brad smith, leon washington both made the pro bowl as KRs for us. Roberts was great last year and better then what we had before but no reason to think it was all him. lots has to do with blocking and scheme. it's not like he was hall or jackson and going side to sideline and outrunning people. he was good at picking the right hole and hitting it hard and fighting for yards. Crowder has returned punts so maybe he can take roberts place as the KR/PR but he is actually a real WR where roberts wasn't. If we land a 2nd round pick by trading back, deebo samual would be perfect to be the KR and WR4 for this season

17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Regarding Bell, Roberts, Myers...seems like the Jets set a value for a player and don't really budge from it.

Myers I thought had a great year. Wanted him back. Sometimes a reliable kicker is the difference between 9-7 and playoffs and 7-9 and out

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

The league is trying to eliminate kick returns to begin with. They've been trying. The days of Primetime and Hester are yesterday. Was becoming an excellent KR for us but I've seen them come and go before hopefully we find a flash returner throughout the draft or FA.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I actually think you and anyone else who thinks this is no big loss ARE kidding yourselves as we have not had a decent Kick Returner never mind a good one IN YEARS. If you could just plug anyone in and think they could do well then go look at the long list of guys we have had that tried and failed at it.

BacktoQueens and TonyFtLaud like this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We don't need no stinkin field position, Xtra points or FG's anyway.. We got Kal-El ! :)

TonyFtLaud and CBG like this.