Jets SIGNED LeVeon Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

There was no contract to honor. His contract had expired and when does any team ever honor a contract. As soon as a player gets hurt or slips in production the team tears up the contract.

The reasons are likely:
    1. Bell's demands may have scared teams off.
    2. Teams don't value rbs that high.
    3. Bell wanted to be a Jet all his life and teams likely knew this is where he was going.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Stop it. You get attacked because you make yourself a target.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Going to bump this shit at training camp lol.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Keep that in mind, OK, thanks Dad. I'm sure you thought very highly of Darrelle Revis in that department? However, it takes two to tango: the Jets were idiots in that situation and were just as responsible for digging their own grave.

I just didn't like that Bell kept saying he was reporting and then he didn't I'm reporting but then he doesn't blah blah blah. Then the whole James Harrison slip of the lip that Bell should return to the Steelers and then fake an injury. Yeah, gimme that guy.

It's a message board. People can respectfully agree to disagree. I didn't want Bell and I still don't want him. If he works out in the end of course I'll be happy, but past behavior is almost always indicative of future behavior. I fully expect him to start acting like a turd if/when things don't go his way.

I would have been much happier with Paradis being signed if it was an either/or situation, but back to Bell, for everyone who's happy about it, I'm happy for you.

It's not a matter of being right or wrong, I just personally did not want him. We're all entitled to our opinion. Seems like the days of someone with an attitude like Curtis Martin are no more.

NCJetsfan, legler82 and ukjetsfan like this.
  5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

He never said he was reporting

6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

gotta respect mac to understand bell value on the market , think about it who would say that CJ moesley would get 5M million then bell a year in the free agent market .

Noam likes this.
  7. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

I think its 33 or 38 guaranteed. It's more guaranteed money than Pitts offered.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Yeah it was something like this. I know he got more guaranteed money, which is what he wanted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Bell also upgrades the WR position... Crowder & Bell are really going to help Sam's short passing game, along with opening things up for Robby down the field.

ColoradoContrails, chandler and FJF like this.
  10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I didn't want him, but now he's here I will get behind him and hope he is still the same player he was before his holdout. If he is, we got a real game-changer in his prime. Hope doesn't come easy for a Jets fan, but I refuse to give in to the dark side!

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

People who didn’t want Bell need to get over it and embrace the direction we are going in. We finally have some bonafide talent on offense, allow yourself to be happy FFS.

BleedJetsGreen1981, chandler and FJF like this.
  12. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

You really think mac cares on getting in the paper? Regardless of moves he makes he’ll get there anyways.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have to agree. You have to respect him holding his line and not over bidding. There has to be so much pressure on the FO to sign players it would be easy to over bid. Being able to say no and move on would be very hard. That being said, I would like to know the story on Paradis? Why was his contract so low and why weren't we involved? Was it medical due to the broken leg?

NCJetsfan and RubenDias like this.
  14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Agreed esp with the contract we gave. I still don’t see anyone who didn’t want bell to present a better option. All of them have their heads stuck in their butthole.

15. jetophile

That is not my recollection at all. He told a bunch of his teammates that he would report by Labor Day. That's one incident that I clearly remember as well as him saying publicly that he expected to report after the Steelers week 7 Bye. No-one was surprised that he sat out the whole year, but he cat and moused some of his teammates for sure, who started to get annoyed. Joke was on him because Conner didn't do too bad.

It seems the real issue was the guaranteed money, but the fact that the Steelers didn't bend, whether or not it was to their detriment, pretty much tells me all I need to know. He probably would have continued to make demands at every turn.

#175 jetophile, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

My source was real and wrong. So glad !!!

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

People assumed he was going to report. He never said he going to.

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh this is a pretty sight!

19. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

It’s not that it’s better it’s just that it’s the best deal out there. If he could go back in time and stay with the Steelers I’m guessing he would have.

20. jetophile

He specifically said it to ESPN. Not the Labor Day thing, the after the Bye thing, but whatever. He's here now so of course just got to hope for the best, and that it doesn't implode. Like I already said, it's not a matter of being right or wrong, I just did not want. I am allowed to say that, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.