Mosley to the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Mar 12, 2019.

1. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

It's disappointing that Barr did his trick, but there is no way to build a sustainable team in one offseason. We got a top LB to help things out and we can go with an edge rusher or maybe parlay the 3 into a few more picks. I'm more dissapointed we didn't get another O-lineman, but maybe some things shake out between now and the start of the season.

boozer32 and mrjet80 like this.
  2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

feels a bit like all that cap space was burning a hole in the front office's pockets...

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Let's remember the FA period has a ways to go. A lot of talent out there and I'm willing to bet the Jets are talking to a lot of FAs and these talks have not been relayed or discovered by the media as of yet. The Jets have to sign more FAs particularly CBs, a RB whether it's Bell or not, another OL I'm sure and maybe a guy like Houston. Who knows........and don't forget the draft which is where a team serious about building around a young franchise QB should look to for the long run. If the Jets come away with Josh Allen, a center, and another RB within their top four picks would that really be disappointing considering this is most likely a two year project ?

NCJetsfan and egelband like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Happiness never lasts for long in JetLand..

NYJFOREVER, Acad23, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Poor Sam Darnold. All these young gun QBs have stud RB's we can't even give our QB kid a top notch offensive weapon such as a Le'Veon Bell. Not even after having 100+ Million. Guess it was all a pipe dream. Hometown kids even say FK THE JETS and go and take their talents elsewhere. Bell will be a Raider. Poor Sam.

As a Knicks fan I bet we miss out on KD and Kyrie too.

But hey. At least we've got Mosley right. Prized FA. Next Ray Lewis? Lol

Kris 15, boozer32 and Cman68 like this.
  6. Cman68

Not sure why... There was no win now mandate from the CEO.

Oh well, just another year in JetLand.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have an honest question for all of those commenting on this organization not being able to sign Bell with all the money we have...

Do you think maybe it has somehting to do with Mac not believing in spending an ENORMOUS amount on a RB when there are other options in the draft or lesser star power guys in free agency?

Are you all the same people that would be bitching to no end if Mac "overpays" for him? You can't have it both ways. Either we "overpay" or he signs elsewhere. Why is it a matter of this franchise being inept or incapable of signing a big name free agent? Why can't it have to do with Mac not being stupid by spending a ridiculous amount of money on a running back?

Food for thought

egelband likes this.
  8. Cman68

Trumaine Johnson says hi...

CBG and boozer32 like this.
  9. Falco21

Different position. Still a dumbass decision that many on here were behind, including myself.

Still doesn't answer my question though. Just because Mac overpaid for a Corner in the past, which turned out to be a bust, does not mean that he will make the same mistake with a Running Back

egelband likes this.
  10. Cman68

Macc tends to be a creature of habit though. He has rigid tendencies like... Not drafting OL talent, overpaying for CB's, lousy talent evaluation in the mid rounds. These are things Macc does year in and year out. Perhaps things change this year but I don't see any evidence of this yet. Macc is the GM and will do what he's comfortable with. 14 wins in 3 years screams great roster building. 24 free agents and you re-sign two is quite the success story.

Which reminds me... What year of the rebuild are we in again? 3rd.... 4th?

11. Falco21

I agree on all your points, but somehting tells me his mindset is different with a position like running back. Corners have notoriously been overpaid. Him giving Trumaine a ton of money was dumb as shit, but not out of the norm.

If Bell is commanding some of the numbers I'm reading, I can see him easily saying fuck it. Running backs are a dime a dozen. It's an expendable position with normally a short term shelf life.

egelband likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The problem is at this point the only way Mac can land a name player is to overpay him. Because everyone in the league except the Johnsons realize that he isn't an NFL-caliber GM and don't want anything to do with a team run by him.

13. Cman68

I think we should pass on Bell as well. I don't like his attitude at all and its never good when someone thinks they're doing YOU a favor by taking your money. If he doesn't need football, then the Jets don't need him.

Its the rest of the holes in the roster that frankly gives me the shivers. That $100m really was a mirage after all since we still have to sign or recruit 22 players just to get back to 53 on the roster.

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Its not how much he spends in free agency its who he spends it on. Mosley a good signing and a need. Spenser Long bad signing.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Rams sure didn't miss him last season during SB run lol

damn do I miss Darrelle Revis of his prime pre injury. #24 was more magical than angry Jet fans care to admit. Trumaine ain't no Revis not even close.

16. Cman68

TJ did the same thing Revis did. Cashed in on his rep.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You want to know why MAC MUST OVER PAY to try and get guys to come here ? Because he can't draft decent players in the first place --> If he could draft a linebacker worth a damn he would not have to over pay Mosley and we would not have to bitch and moan when Barr pulls a Winfield on us !!!

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He’s a piece of shit. Not sure why some dudes are gravitating towards him, great player nonetheless.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes.

Now that you have the spelling correct.

20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

It’s one of those words I’ve never remembered how to spell and neither does my autocorrect.