Robby Anderson gets a second round tender

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He doesn’t watch football. He’s just trolling.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He says Clowney's a borderline bust.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

R U touting a WR in QE that has not played in over 60% of the games we played in the last 3 seasons? :mad:

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

“You’ve had a lot of bad posts”

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So, Master Elrond, tell us how the Jets will do in 2019-2020 season with your gift of foresight. Any input is welcome - from the FAs Jets sign, guys Jets let go, and the kids Jets draft, on top of how Darnold progresses.

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah, I touted him by mentioning him.

FJF likes this.
  7. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Robby does not deserve big money until he improves his versatility. RAC is weak because be is not very strong...he should be taking slants to the house. Every pass involving the middle of the field is a nail biter with him...strips, and the inability to consistently elude or break tackles should be factored in to his worth.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Or the fact he was our leading WR last season despite being virtually ignored by Bates for the first 4 games and injured for two others, you play to a people's strengths not their weaknesses, his speed is his number one asset, something that Bates seemed unwilling to use until he was desperate.

This should have been his second 1000 yard season, unlucky the previous season when McCown went down injured and Petty couldn't move the football at all, leaving him high and dry in the late 900's.

A big season is due from our number 11, he was beginning to gel with Sam in the last quarter of the season and I would go as high as 7m for him currently.

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Yep.

He's not very big, not blazing fast. He doen't present a defense with a physical matchup problem.

I'm sure he's a smart little player, knows his routes, runs them well, good work ethic, makes the most of what he has and for that I give him credit. And he's been blessed to play with two HOF QBs and a #1 overall pick.

But from a physical gifts perpective Robby at 6'3 with rare speed presents a defense with a much more formidable challenge to defend.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You’re a well thought out troll, I’ll give you that much.

FJF likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

James Jett was the greatest wr ever

12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The other day I heard one of the Jets beat writers on with Joe and Evan and he said that Gase was extremely excited to work with Robby...Makes sense because he lit up the Dolphins a few times (remember he jumped into the seats in Miami after a td)

Makes me feel a little better about the situation, but it’s still dumb to only put the 2nd round tender out there. What do we do if a team picking at the end of the round gives him big money? I honestly don’t want a late 2nd rounder and wouldn’t be happy about it

K'OB likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Because you don’t watch football it’s not surprising that you have no idea who Brandin Cooks is or how fast he is.

Go do some research on the 2014 NFL Combine and look up who had the fastest time at 4.33.

I’ll save you some time.

Brandin Cooks.

He’s one of the fastest players in football- here’s another article maybe you can further educate yourself on the NFL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pa...s-12-fastest-plays-in-2016-new-orleans-saints

Yes Robby is fast but to say he has rare speed and Cooks is not blazing fast makes your opinions sound clownish. I’m not calling YOU a clown per se so no need to go complaining to the mods but if you’re going to post bullshit you’re going to get called on it.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. Rollo Tomassi

No he’s not. He’s wrong. Cooks is actually faster than Robby and he’s more versatile and productive.

I like Robby the player, dislike the person but I want him back at a reasonable amount.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Oh I’m not saying he’s right. I’m just saying he’s more than just a one sentence, bad grammar, poor form troll. He’s an elaborate troll. Still wrong in pretty much every way though.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

Like you said he’s had some bad posts.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You're missing the huge part where nothing this team does is a good move.

FJF likes this.
  18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

10 MM? hahahahah. If there was a GM out there that would give Robby 10MM AND give up a 2nd rounder hed be fired on the spot

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I've watched Cooks play plenty of times no way he's faster than Robby on a football field. There's track speed and game speed. That 4.33 time doesn't show on the field when I watch Cooks play the dude looks ordinary. I don't see him blowing the top off of defenses on a regular basis.

I've seen small dudes with serious speed Santana Moss for example. Cooks doesn't have that type of game.

Robby has been blowing the top off of defenses ever since the first preseason game I watched him play he's for real. One of the fastest WRs (actual game speed) the Jets have ever had. Fastest since Santana Moss for sure.

20. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Not sure what games you’ve been watching with cooks - the dude is an absolute burner. He was a first round pick and has been traded for first round picks twice which shows he has maintained his value and quality nfl organizations have traded for him. He puts Anderson to shame.

FJF likes this.