DK Metcalf

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

We need to consider taking him 3rd overall. Trading down we might be able to get him but with the raiders at 4 and in desperate need of both pass rush and WR he could be an option for them as well.

The last week I’ve been looking at a number of prospects and their film. DK Metcalf really stands out. He’s got everything we need in a true number 1 receiver. His ability to come down with contested balls truly shows how talented he is. He has good speed and elite hand strength. DK tracks balls on back shoulder throws and on deep vertical throws at an elite level

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao at taking David Boston pt2 at 3 overall ... huge pass @ 3.

Raiders are not taking a WR @ 4

abyzmul likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Looks like too raw of a prospect to use the 3rd pick on. Need more of a sure thing IMO.

4. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Someone will reach for him top 15. Hell, if we moved down to around 15, I wouldn't be opposed. If we're sticking at 3 though (and in the 3-4), it's Josh Allen or bust.

hiker likes this.
  5. 15-30 is where Metcalf will likely go.Id be ok w him at 15 as well but still think Harry should be the first WR off the board.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Hasn't he been injured a ton? Like 2 seasons during college? Do we really want Dee Miliner part deux?

fansince90 likes this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I like him but his late 1st round draft grade is appropriate. Vernon Gholston was also as jacked as that guy. If he fell to us in the 3rd I would take him (he wont).

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

dear god fucking no. Injury issues, drop issues, no thx.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hakeem Butler > DK Metcalf

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I will say this, I think someone is going to over draft DK based on his physical attributes and workout, I just hope its not the Jets.

M00ndawg and themorey like this.
  11. He was very impressive on the field.He has an unbelievable release for his size,ran a decent tree,a threat on all levels of the field,great in red zone & over the top.

The injuries are definitely a factor & should not be ignored.You mentioned drops above..i didnt recall any drops from what i saw but that doesnt mean they arent there & thatd be a deal breaker for me.

Plenty of other big physical specimans at WR in Harry,Harmon,Williams,Doss & the Butler bros; hell ill even include Fant

b.reyes16 likes this.
  12. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Dk a beast if we trade back to 7 I’d draft him there if allen and Williams were gone

13. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Killed the combine had a 4.33 40 at his size. A beast jets have to atleast look at him as possible #3 selection

Rockinz likes this.
  14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Not at 3, no way. With a trade down, perhaps.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Still prefer Harry who ran a 4.53 which is a good time for him.Dispells any concerns about his long speed

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He’s going to be a top 10 pick. For a team as desperate for high end offensive talent as the Jets are, they have to do there due diligence on him.

This isn’t Stephen Hill we’re talking about. This kid was productive AND has off the charts measurables. If his health checks out he should be in the conversation for the 3rd pick.

westiedog1, b.reyes16 and Mr mittens like this.
  17. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I just don't understand taking players with premium picks that did not produce that well in college. Metcalf and Gary are two that come to mind.

Bowles Movement and Harpua like this.
  18. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Productive?? Seriously? He has a few good highlights but has one complete season under his belt and didn’t hit 700 yards in that one.

20. Davd Boston was an unbelievable talent despite having terrible hands..classic body catcher.

It wasnt ability or production when his head was on straight his first few years. He had a huge ego & obsession with body sculpting & building.He got into roids & alot of other weird crap.He didnt keep himself in football playing shape nor was it his focus.His health & career suffered.

Lets be fair though.He played alongside AJ Brown & Lodge who were both very good in their own right.Only so many footballs to go around.

In the games he played in he demonstrated alot of different skills.Tremendous release,able to seperate,fluid in & out of breaks,dangerous over the top,contested balls,Red zone & all parts of the field.

Health,catching consistency & can he Handle a bigger role are the questions w him.Physically & on the field hes displayed legit big time ability

All Gas No Shake likes this.