Antonio Brown to the Raiders(Confirmed)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

For a third, yes. Then just guarantee year 2, so he'd know that he'd get $25M over the first two years.

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I would go for it but would prefer Beckham if the Giants would trade him to us

He’s so damn good and is much younger than AB...The Giants front office is absolutely clueless if they trade him but it seems like they’re trying their best to do just that

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so youve diagnosed him as having suffered too many concussions AND with some sort of mental disorder? All from in front of your keyboard? Impressive.

stinkyB and Royal Tee like this.
  4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Let someone else buy high...

But ..
    -AB
    -Q
    -Robbie
    -Herndon

Wow.. lol

Sam Hammer likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Depends which side of the fence you're sitting on. I'm on the no side. If you're on the yes side, I'll throw escarole at you. I don't know, it might wind up being Red Lettuce or whatever else is on sale because it can't all be escarole.

jonnyd likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hey, don't pick on statjeff22. He's older than you. Um, he's also older than me . . . that makes me feel purty good.

I keep saying it. The Jets aren't going to win tomorrow. Brown, Bell, Beckham, Clowney, eh. Let someone else pay them and see how things fly one year after the draft and one year under Gase. I get your reasoning, pero no muy interesante.

7. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

AB was drafted in the 6 th rd fwiw

Royal Tee likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm well aware. It is WAY easier said than done drafting an all-pro player in the later rounds. You really think the Jets are gonna find a top 3 player at their position at 68 or 93 overall? If Mac calls Pittsburgh and they ask for 68 overall for AB straight up you do it in a heart beat and hang up the phone laughing because you just got one of the best receivers in the league.

9. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

don't want either bell or brown on this team at any cost .
    to much bitching and baggage imo.

BradysTornACL and jetophile like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

For years he was my favorite player in the league.

I never knew how wacky he was.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

104 catches, 1297 yards and 15 TD's. If that's unhappy and less than 100%, sign me up.

All the crazy stuff may or may not disrupt the team. I would think that's part of running the circus of a 53 man squad. The undeniable about Brown is he has missed very few games in the last 5 years. He has been an all pro 4 of the 5 years. Over that period he is arguably 1st ballot HOF productive.

Darrel Revis wasn't as vocally crazy but he was a mercenary and was constantly renegotiating his deal. He is also in the argument as the most impactful and productive players in the Jets history.

Accepting his fate verbally doesn't matter. If he's willing to play for the same contract he's a steal. If he's willing to play for the same contract, the Steelers aren't trading him for a third.

almbleamal and tubby like this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

That is an anomaly and a complete stroke of luck.

Just like Adam Thielen was an UDFA.

You can’t count on getting that lucky.

We couldn’t even find a WR in rounds 3 and 4 last year, now we’re going to find an All Pro in the 6th?

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You are right but we did find a very good UDFA of our own two seasons back, high chance to be a low grade 1 or a high grade 2 WR of course only imo.

#93 K'OB, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The last time we took a diva WR off the Steelers' hands, it did work out quite well for us for a year, and I don't think Holmes is even half as talented as AB. The question is going to be whether or not he becomes a serial bridge burner, or can he be reeled in by a good coach? Yeah, he's 30, but he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down whatsoever. If he stays healthy, he could end up giving us a good 6 years or more before he starts going downhill.
    Honestly, the only thing giving me hesitation on him is that we now know that he's a force of nature and a problem in the locker room, and there's the question of whether or not we can get him from the Steelers without depleting all our early round draft picks over the next few years.

15. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

I didn’t say it was easy. But not as hard as finding a QB in the second half of the draft. The guy asked about getting a good receiver in the third round. AB was 6th. Robby Anderson is an UDFA. Colston was a 7th rder
    Green Bay’s receivers have all been mid rd picks. What rd was Welker drafted? Amendola?

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I think they will eventually, just never to us

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Who wouldn't want Antonio Brown?

I don't know the man personally. As people we all have our own ways. But when I watch football on Sunday? Antonio Brown screams legendary impact while on the big screen.

He will bring his A game with Sam Darnold as his QB. Darnold would learn alongside a great receiver.

A younger talent like Robb Anderson wouldn't be able to be contained deep with attention on A.B.

If you're a Jets fan and wouldn't want an elite WR such as Brown because he's a "headache" well then i don't think you understand the headaches big Ben is about to have without A.B and Bell dominating the playing field. He's a special player one of my favorite receivers ever.

Darnold deserves him. He deserves Darnold. Darnold needs a hungry and fearless vet receiver. A.B deserves a QB looking for greatness rather than a p.o.s night life guy been accused of rape multiple times.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Raiders, Redskins, and Titans showing the most interest according to the reporters on ESPN this morning

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Isn't he being investigated for 3 separate incidents?
    Filing a false police report regarding his car, the recent domestic assault and the situation in October where he was throwing furniture and stuff off his balcony and almost hit a baby 14 floors below? Seems like a perfect fit for the Raiders.
    Forgot the 100 plus in a 45 on the way to a game.....

#99 TonyFtLaud, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You can't make this one up. Jets fans are (reasonably) concerned about going after Antonio Brown because the last time the Jets got a primadonna WR from Pittsburgh, Santonio Holmes, it burned everything to the ground.

and what do ya know? Santonio Holmes himself chimes in and suggests the Jets trade for Brown:
    WATCH: Santonio Holmes says Jets should acquire Antonio Brown: Says it would be "great" for the Jets

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/watch-santonio-holmes-says-jets-should-acquire-antonio-brown/304637512

TonyFtLaud likes this.