The Jets are the only thing standing in the way of another NE division title

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah.... I think realistically all I'm hoping for is the AFC East combined do enough to keep the pats from getting a BYE in the playoffs.
    The pats time is almost up but next year? Idk. ... Hope so bc seeing the same teams win the AFC is ruining my enjoyment of the game

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I love the Jets. I'm stuck with them and will root for them until I'm dead.

That's what I'm investing. I'm not loading any weapons or looking for mirages.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So say Miami and Buffalo about their teams. If you know what I mean.

#23 Zach, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  4. Pardon me for even the slightest GLIMMER of optimism & FIGHT.

If nobody else has any fight why the hell even bother anymore?

Come to think of it..why even play the games next year? Hell the next 5 years right?Just hand the trophy to New england.And since hope is all a mirage no one should have any problem w just wiring over all that cap space to some team w a fan base that actually has a back bone & a shred of fight. Same with the draft picks.

If we’re gonna wallow lets at least do it right. Bags over heads at draft.Day 1 of mini camp.Week 1 opening kick off. Just end the 2020’s!!

dcinct likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’ve heard of the Patriots

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Easy, Kurt. We don't get paid to fight. We pay to be entertained. We're all emotionally invested in the Jets. We all want them to win. And they MIGHT win. That's why they play the games. Because they might win. Year after year after year, they might win. Fucking amazing if and when.

And if you BELIEVE the Jets will win in a given year, more power to you. I've been there.

And if you also believe that your personal optimism and fighting attitude affects the Jets chances of winning, I love it. I won't stand in your way. Bang the drum, brother.

But we don't choose our beliefs.

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Love the optimism but its just not realistic. The Pats just won their 6th Super Bowl with Brady and the Jets are coming off a horrible season. The roster surrounding Darnold needs an upgrade. 100 million dollars in Cap space plus the #3 pick won't close the gap that much to where the Jets are on the same level as the Pats. With that said I am optimistic about the Jets but it won't happen next year for the division. If this offseason goes well and Darnold improves then competing for a WC spot next year is a possibility. I think long term the next big rivalry in the division will be between the Jets and Bills. Both have potential franchise QB's to build around so it wouldn't surprise me to see both fighting each other for the division. It just won't be next year.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We will see how you feel when Mac passes on good OL early in the draft and drafts a project in the 4th or 5th round again this year, come September Darnold is running for his life again behind, Long, Carpenter, Winters, Schell and Beachum.

I will never stop being a jets fan but the proof is in the pudding, even if the Jets get Bosa, Bill will game plan for him just how he did his older brother who plays for the Chargers. Guy never made a play in that game, he’ll I thought he was inactive that’s how little impact Bosa had against Patriots.

Mac sucks, Gase and Williams are still a question mark.

Unless Jets get 4 down line men that can imitate Strahan, Tuck, umenyora, they are not stopping Bellicheat anytime soon.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

"Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebt to Gabby Johnson for stating what needed to be said. I am particulary glad that these lovely children are here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed the courage little seen in this day and age. "- Olsen Johnson.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If you're right, then the NEP's will have a easy time repeating. The Jets are nothing more than a speed bump at the moment just like the rest of the AFCE. Stop spiking the green koolaid with Ethylene Glycol. Its not healthy..

#30 Cman68, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    RPOZ51 likes this.
  11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

The Pats have been amazing since 2001 - no doubt about it. It's up to every NFL team (not just the Jets) to dethrone them. As I have mentioned before, the rest of the NFL is just as bad as the AFC East at beating the Pats. Obviously, if the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins can step it up, it will make the Pat's harder to repeat.

The Pats downfall will happen at some point in time and I would love it to have the Jets be the team to do it. I won't say that it will be next year, but I am not going to ordain the Pats in 2019 just yet either. There is no guarantee that the Pats will win another VLT in the future - contrary to what others say. The rest of the league must have the balls to out think and out muscle them - it's as simple as that.

The Jets have just as much right to the crown as anybody else. I am not going to have any educated judgement for 2019 until I see what Mike M. does in the offseason and look at how Gase and William's perform at the beginning of 2019. What Gase did in Miami is of little concern. Only how he mentors Darnold and nurtures the offense going forward matter. Let's hope the Jet start kicking asses in about 7 months.

KurtTheJetsFan and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Jets have tried that for years they've burned multiple high picks on d-linemen.

NE faced three of the best if not the three best pass rushing teams in the league in the playoffs. They handled all three with ease. They countered with a old school style rushing attack.

A forward thinking GM would counter by loading up on huge run stuffers.

Build up this offense so that on any given day they're capable of outscoring anyone.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

One day when I have nothing else to do, I am going to look up the Pats' record against the AFC East since B&B.

Of the 6 games, it seems they can always bank on at least 4 wins. That's a pretty good head start.

I don't know the actual numbers, but it feels that way.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This team has too many holes to dethrone the Pats in 2019. Contending for a WC spot is a more realistic bet if the right moves are made this offseason.

15. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

I think currently we will be hoping for a wildcard spot and not the division title. Division title will require 12 wins when we have the Pats in our division. It is quite the step up from 4. I think hoping to have a 9-10 win season is not ridiculous, but 11-12 wins is a real contender and i think making that jump in 1 year is too much. The Pats will continue to get 11-12 wins, even after Brady, the key isn't him, it's belichick, He's 66 so optimistically hands over to McDaniels in 5 years? Maybe they drop off a bit then. Until we have a coach even comparable to him it will be tough. I think Rex had the right attitude but just came up short on the long term planning. Whilst we have the best coach in the business in our division we need to aim for 12 wins to win the division. We seem light years away from that. I think Us, Bills and fins have been beaten into submission and coaches and free agents may see us as a no go as there is very little hope of success. Lets see if we can get a Bell, Brown etc on the open free agent market with our cap space, Will be an interesting off season but i don't trust Mac to be able to do all the right deals. Sorry wish i could be more optimistic but just looking at us and forget the Pats, can't see more than 7 wins next year. We needed to clean house properly and start again and i think in 2 years we may regret not doing that. My optimism will be better come August i am sure but for now i can't see the Jets suddenly being clinical and perfect after 50 years of not being that. Lets hope belichick wants to start a new career maybe running a restaurant and that Gase is the next Bill Walsh with Darnold. Who knows. Roll on next year.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Pats completely rebuilt who they were the last two years this year. While everyone said they were in a down year they finished the year with the best front on both sides of the ball, a massive running game and great play in their secondary.

They don't need to be at the top of the draft to identify another TE and WR and possibly a QB to take over and not skip a beat. Belichick has years left. does anyone believe he won't be on the sidelines at 95, pissing in his depends and putting some nobody from anywhere state in position to complete change the course of a playoff game? The guys life is football. He isn't going away.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

51 and going strong!

18. Putting all eggs in one basket by trying to killl Brady w a super unit isnt the answer.Nor is depending on a singular player to stop them.Nor is fixating on the OL.And it doesnt make Bill a genius for being able to neutralize such attempts.

Its about roster balance w competence at impact positions.You have to match up w them not just on paper but situationally.

It has not been talent or match-ups that have killed the jets against the patriots.Its been self inflicted wounds & at times lack of any functionality on offense.

I believe the jets will address impact positions,Gase will eliminate much of the self inflicted crap, & that the offense will not be comotose.

If we’re contending for a WC spot like many believe that means possibly 2nd place in the AFCE..which would suggest progress.And god forbid we get a WC spot dare i say a 3rd game against NE?

Even if we lose that game. Brady another year older,another offseason w massive Cap space & Darnold entering year 3. If we are truly a WC contender in 19 than by 20 the patriots should be in our sights & overtaking the east should be our goal. I for one am not blinking or backing down.

#38 KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
    johnny, hwismer and CotcheryFan like this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I like your thinking. Every year, it seems like we play the Pats tough at least once, but fall short because we shoot ourselves in the foot. This happens whether or not we suck that particular year.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.