Super bowl LIII Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The Patriots Defensive front destroyed the Rams o-line ALLL GAME.
    Seriously, EOS

WarriorRB28 likes this.
  2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

it's 10:30 and there's already another show on... feels early.lol

3. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Let's hope the Jets can see good growth this coming year. Will the Pats continue to dominate the NFL? Perhaps. Doesn't mean their fans are any more knowledgeable or loyal. I feel sorry for you guys that have to bear the blunt of living in the area. As for most others that don't live in New England, just follow my earlier suggestion and continue not to listen to sports radio for the next week or two.

4. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I still cant get over the Jets hired the Fins coach, WTF! How are you going to beat the Pats?

5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The thing about the Patriots is that it's not like it's just a "you hate us 'cause you ain't us," situation. No, we hate the Patriots because they are classless. They don't show any respect to any other team, win or lose. They think they are entitled to win. Anytime they lose, it's never "The other team played well and deserved that" or even "We looked like shit today." Nope. It's always, "That last touchdown shouldn't have counted," or "There were so many roughing the passer calls on Brady that the refs didn't call," or "You didn't really win because Gronk was injured and we would have kicked your ass if he was playing..."

They don't feel blessed to be listed among the dynasties of the past like the 60s Packers, the Steel Curtain era Steelers, or Montana's 49ers. No, they're in their own league. Those other great teams don't even belong in the same sentence as the Brady Patriots. They don't think they've ever lost any Super Bowls; they've just been fucked over 5 times. Tom Brady is a known asshole; I met him briefly and he was not friendly. He also doesn't get out in the community and help like a lot of other great players (Drew Brees, Chris Long, J.J. Watt, Carson Wentz...). He's too busy working on himself. The NFL in general, eager to keep their flagship dynasty, gives them special treatment as do the refs.

No we hate them because because they are unlikable. If Drew Brees and the Saints or Aaron Rodgers and the Packers had won 6 Super Bowls, I'd be okay with it; I think most NFL fans would be okay with it. But we're stuck with this team of elitist pricks.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This was the first SB win the Patriots have had in a while in which they deserved to win.

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

What a dreadful football game.

Serves the NFL right for fixing the NFC Championship to get Los Angeles in the big game.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Goff sucks. Mcvay got outcoached. Brady is a b**ch. BB coached a great game. Tired of seeing the Pats win. Gase and Co. please WIN SOME DAMN GAMES I SICK OF THIS SHIT.

Woodhead and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

...you can’t be serious. I’m begging you tell me you’re not serious

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

FUCK!! This has to be the worst stuper bowl of all time!!!!!!!!!!!

And yeah, Darnold >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goff. Darnold would have never..... PUKE

This will be the last super bowl goff ever makes. LOLLERCOASTER

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. WarriorRB28

I'm not impressed at all by what I saw of the crop of young QBs in these playoffs. Watson, Jackson, Mahommes, Goff *thumbs down*

None of 'em rose to the occasion.

Jury is still out on Wentz but my goodness he looks like a far better QB than Goff.

Let's hope our guy fares better than these guys when his time in the spotlight arrives.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It wasn't even close!! Jets better go all oline picks this draft. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarf!

NYJetsO12 and Royal Tee like this.
  13. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

In all the games I've seen Goff (which admittedly isn't a whole lot) I have never been impressed. I don't think he has a particularly strong arm.

NYJFOREVER and Acad23 like this.
  14. WarriorRB28

Belichick goes old school with the lead blocking fullback the media acts like he invented the idea.:rolleyes:

McVay the so called genius with the stud RB big, strong, fast didn't do the same thing. And he took him in then took him out of the game. Frickin' idiot.

Teams used to feed the big backs RBs have to get in a rhythm too much like the great QBs. It's not always going to be a thing of beauty but pound, pound, pound get tough yards, wear down the D then late in the game start ripping off longer gains.

The state of NFL coaching is deplorable. Another reason why no one seems capable of solving the Patriots dynasty.

DEPLORABLE!

15. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think the most promising is Mahomes....the rest including Luck are just to inconsistent.

16. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

McVey only got part of the "how to beat Belichick and Brady" formula down. The first is to get pressure on Brady, and they did that.

The second one, that he failed to do, was to NOT overthink and stick to what got them to the Super Bowl. It seems like almost every coach that plays Belichick in big games has the thought that Belichick has already come up with a plan to shut down their greatest strength, so they shouldn't even bother to try and use it. They spent most of the game trying to get the ball way downfield when they should have stuck with a ground and pound strategy. Once the Patriots had to close in on the line, they could open it up. Instead, they were so worried about Anderson and Gurley being turned into non-factors by the Patriots, that the Rams just did it for them.

They needed to do what the Eagles and Giants did: Stick with what works. They knew EVERY opposing coach had watched their film and yet they kept doing what worked because no team had an answer for it. Why change it just for Belichick? If it's not working, make adjustments. The Giants kept rushing their awesome front seven, and they put Brady on his ass just as well as they did Favre and Romo. The Eagles stuck with their unrelenting, aggressive, ballsy offense that had destroyed the best defense in football 2 weeks earlier, and it worked again on the Patriots. McVey lost his nerve though.

NYJetsO12 and Royal Tee like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mahomes did his job against the Pats. The defense let him down.

18. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Mahomes??!! He did everything he could do. He goes down the field and takes the lead with 2 minutes left in the game. The Chiefs defense could not get off the field. Mahones does not even touch the ball in OT.

If the Rams had Mahomes instead of the scrub Goff they win easily.

#398 MowTin, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Mark Cannizzaro of The Post said it best: Goff looked scared during the National Anthem, let alone during the game.

This was a choke, pure and simple. He looked like he was being coached by Jeff Fisher again.

Woodhead, Sam Hammer and Royal Tee like this.
  20. CosmicJester

CosmicJester Member

Meanwhile the Fins hire the Patriots defensive play caller/de facto defensive coordinator. Looks like the better choice right now!