Which Call/No Call was Worse?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Ralebird, Jan 21, 2019.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

And it's not like the Saints didn't blow the game by throwing it twice when running it three times would've given the Rams no timeouts and under a minute to respond to their score.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That would have been a great two minute segment; the other twenty minutes was excruciating.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Without reading the thread, IMO, I hope - and I think - that reviewing PENALTIES - may possibly become a thing. I don't agree with over policing, and I agree that you have to let players play to a certain point, but there were so many ridiculous 'holding' calls during the year, that the refs decided to turn NHL and let things fly to the point of ridiculousness in the Playoffs? So they were making up for lost time? It's garbage.

Nickell Robey-Coleman flat out admitted he was shocked that he wasn't flagged. What's he gonna do, deny it? If he did so, I would hate him. He laughed about it. So between the Cheats getting gifted with a non-existent RTP and Sam Darnold getting practically pistol whipped and no-one enforced the way gay Rodgers Rule, fck this game at this point. Brees dug his own grave on a couple of plays, but you have got to be shitting me.

#24 jetophile, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed, there was no excuse for that. Sean Payton must have channeled Brian Schottenheimer for that sequence. Hell, even Bowles would have managed the clock better. :confused:

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Saints owner is escalating it now, good keep the heat on the NFL. They cannot get away with this.

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/ne...87zV2pNmZIgzCUe0ZscMuivQ-hfi4aANIyS6zgBSEkgIw

7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The worst no-call is the same is it is every week the Patriots put on uniforms: their offensive linemen are allowed to do whatever they want, whenever they want, in defense of Brady. Every week, All-Pro NFL pass rushes get completely shut down by five nobodies because they know they won't get called. The refs will pick one play per game to throw a token holding penalty so it will look like they're enforcing the rules.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

What about the facemask on Goff that never got called? It would have set them up 1st goal, instead they settled for a FG. Arguably just as game-changing as the non call PI, although slightly egregious.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Or the Saints' HOF QB completes one of those passes and they run out the clock. Or they run three times for no gain and the Rams tie the game anyway. Hindsight is always 20/20.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i cant listen to 22 minutes of that idiots druel. was this the clip where he went bananas about gurley trading jerseys with the ref... but didnt eralize it was completely fake even though the ref was wearing football pants.. fucking chooch

11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

It was an intentional non-call for either Pass Interference or Helmet to Helmet contact (take your pick), as there is no other explanation for missing a call that a 5 year old can easily make. No doubt, the Rams need fans to fill that their new stadium starting in 2020.

Are people surprised that a brand new $2 Billion Stadium will buy your team a trip to the Super Bowl? Just like the Falcons made the SB a couple of years ago with a new stadium under their belt. The NFL is an entertainments business, not athletic competition. The league is well aware that most supporters will always thinks it's an athletic competition, so there is no risk in being obvious that it is all scripted, while at the same time mocking the masses.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Falcons blew out the Seahawks and Packers in the NFC playoffs that year. They were the better team in both games and didn't need any help.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The three isms: favoritism, nepotism, despotism.

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think its way worse to call something that did not happen than to miss something that did happen. Gronk gets mugged all the time with no call.

If a ref doesn't see it, he doesn't see it. What needs to be fixed is refs "seeing something that did not actually happen".

The Saints got plenty of calls vs. Steelers like phantom PI right off the bat for a TD. They're fucking babies now--fuck them.

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

bad double post--sorry

#35 IDFjet, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019