Top 5 Free Agent Targets in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 14, 2019.

1. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

Revised

1. Lawrence
    2. Ford
    3. Mathieu
    4. Pradis
    5. Safford

6. T. Coleman

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It doesn't show in games I don't care what his track speed is. He's a 5'8 possession receiver that's not what a team expects to get with a top 10 pick.

I remember the Jets wanted him badly in that draft I wanted them to get him too we got lucky when Buffalo let the Rams trade in front of us.

I don't want him here he's not a good NFL player.

kevda5n9ne and Mr mittens like this.
  3. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Ford is better and gets injured less.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ford is good but he ain’t better.

Clowney has HOF talent in him. They aren’t using him right in Houston. He needs to down with his hand in the dirt, not a standing edge LB.

His greatest asset is the quickness in which he explodes off the ball. By putting him as a standing backer it wastes his talent. Not to mention that they also have him freakin out in coverage sometimes. What a waste

Mr mittens and nyjetsrule like this.
  5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

They've both missed a decent amount of games and I wouldn't call either one an ironman, buta their accomplishments film and stats wise is also pretty negligible.

That's why I don't understand all this recent attraction to Ford for people. Post-season coverage perhaps?

If anything I'd say Ford has played up to his talent and reached his potential, where I think Clowney has not and could still improve.

6. I dont think theyre exactly the same style player either.

Clowney is more of a 2 way strong side DE who can anchor & bend the edge w power converted to speed.

Ford i see as more weak side who is a pure speed rusher.Hes a good run defender but hes not as good at the point of attack as Clowney. Hes likely a more consistent pass rusher however.

Hey theyd compliment eachother well if the stars were to align

boozer32 and JetsNation06 like this.
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Just get me Lawrence please.

DarrelleRevis.Human? likes this.
  8. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

1. Trey Flowers/Demarcus Lawrence (either one will do, but we need to land an elite 4-3 DE in free agency so we can address offense in the draft)
    2. Le'Veon Bell
    3. Matt Paradis
    4. Jason Verrett
    5. Trent Brown

I listed 2 offensive linemen here, though I'm typically not a fan of going after offensive linemen in free agency because they're much cheaper in the draft and linemen on their second or third contracts are typically declining. I like Paradis because he doesn't have too much wear and tear though (also Spencer Long has been a complete nightmare and was never a good signing to begin with). Brown is intriguing because he's young, still improving, and has incredible athleticism for a human of his size. It's hard to imagine New England letting him walk, but with Wynn waiting in the wings, Brown should get the opportunity to test free agency. After all, the Patriots' primary focus will be Trey Flowers (understandably so).

Side Note: It would feel so good to take both Flowers and Brown away from the Pats....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

No Clowney please... I think the guy is overrated

jilozzo likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

With this new landscape, Bell and Hunt both should be on the Jets radar. Either guy is better than who we got on the field now. Throw in AB and we're on our way to crazytown which may be where we need to be anyway.

LAJet likes this.
  11. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

Antonio Brown will not be coming to the Jets. Anyone who continues to post different is fuckin retarded and needs to be treated as if they are mentally slow.

That also goes for Kareem Hunt. Until the legal process plays out any team would be insane to sign him. The backlash would be enormous.

New top 5 FA list:

1. D-Law
    2. Clowney
    3. Bell (not a fan of paying RB but we got to spend our $$ so fuck it)
    4. Kareem Jackson
    5. Trent Brown

Paradis gets kicked off the list strictly due to positional value and needing a young LT would go a long way compared to a 6th round C who had 1 good season. But he'd be my # 6 FA target.

Then we draft Quinnen 1st round (assuming we got a D-law Clowney Clark Flowers in FA & Bosa is gone)

3rd round we grab Michael Dieter to be our new LG and Andy Isabella to be our new WR toy for Sam.

74 likes this.
  12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

until he signs with the jets. LOL

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Do people really think Lawrence or Clowney make it to FA?? Neither will so don’t get your hopes up. Dee Ford I’d say is possible but unlikely as well.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown.

Sam Darnold needs to be surrounded by offensive play-making game changers; and Bell and Brown are both exactly that.

Mark Lattimer and boozer32 like this.
  15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

lawrence, clowney, frank clark, and ford will be re-signed or franchised ... their respective teams have more than enough cap room to get it done

16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Two things that strike me as odd, is the desire for a safety, and to a lesser extent Leveon Bell.

Are fans just bailing on Maye and acting like he's an injury prone bust? This is that SOJ mentality. Injuries happen and a lot of these names I've seen floating around for a few weeks aren't the picture of health either. Besides, if Greg switches us to a base 4-3 safety is the last place we should be focused.

With Bell I understand the attraction and allure that he offers, but seriously this guy is a complete idiot and after this past year how could you honestly trust to give him the huge guaranteed contract that it will take to get him? I'll take Kareem Hunt for pennies on the dollar who is admittedly is a lesser player but not by a whole lot, he's much younger, and you could get him for 1/3 of the cost. I would say their off the field behavior is about a wash, if you're willing to overlook one you must the other also.

For me that math is simple:
    Hunt+CB+OL > Bell

17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

nice post...well thought out!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. Lawrence is thought to be gone from big D.

As for the others you maybe roght..but that still leaves Ansah,Barr & Fowler.There will be options for the first time in forever.

19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

That's not what I am seeing on Cowgirls message boards. It's really a mixed bag but most don't think he is going anywhere.

20. I had been hearing he was likely gone from cowgirls fans earlier in season..but you maybe Right about him staying.