Darron Lee Suspended

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

My " sounds familiar " comment was referring to the incident with Leo restraining him.

Guys, I'm not here bashing Lee, just reporting what a Guy told me back in Oct. I hoped it wasn't true, cause I believe Lee has a bright future, he just needs to grow up and realize he could be throwing away his career.

pib01 and K'OB like this.
  2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Do I think weed is terrible, of course not. The issue is that knowing it's a banned substance in the NFL and still disregarding the policy is the issue.

NYJetsO12 and Peebag like this.
  3. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

I never get into these weed discussions because we never get to hear any mental health-related issues until it's too late for the player.

I'll admit until about 2 years ago I was pretty ignorant about the medicinal effects of weed for treating several mental health issues. I have a family member
    who i assumed was just a basket case. Always getting arrested always in fights ect ect ect. For the last two years, he's been on prescribed medicinal weed.
    Has to be very specific strains and such but you would never know it was the same person now. For the first time he's been at the same job over a year now
    and if I hadn't seen it first-hand id never believe it.

So in the back of my mind every time I see one of these stories on a player I have to wonder. Maybe it's not just some stupid dude who is choosing weed over an
    NFL contract. Just maybe this guy actually needs it to function. The countries views laws and opinions on weed are changing and the NFL really needs to start following suit.

Whatever is the case here I hope it works out. Its been a lot of fun watching Lee grow and I hope to continue to watch him do so in a Jets uniform.

Mogriffjr and Mr mittens like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I believe so, but if the NFLPA really cares they would at least give half of a shit on this.

I remember years ago when respected voices in the NBA were giving lectures on birth control to young players and rookies. How the HELL do you not know that sex can make a baby?! The main gist of it was the monetary consequences of spreading your seed, but holy shit on a shingle, what country do I live in?! I was born out of wedlock to teen-aged parents, but the the first time was the last time, just sayin'.

5. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Darron Lee Suspended..

really, I didn't notice :/

NYJetsO12 and Peebag like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Harsh and most untrue this season, other players need beating with a stick for their on field play before you get around to Lee.

Mogriffjr and Mr mittens like this.
  7. K'OB

Indeed but I very much doubt the people and kids using it to help with medicinal purposes are rolling huge fat joints and toking away at parties are they? :rolleyes:

My brother in law ended up a paranoid wreck due to the amount of skunk he was putting away, weed is more harmful than the potheads want you to believe.

ColoradoContrails and abc like this.
  8. JdotGriff

lol You think people who use it medicinally cant enjoy it recreationally? You think people who use it for anxiety and such related issues wouldn't be inclined to use it at a party?
    Anyone who has an issue nowadays with info that has come out over the last ten years on marijuana use for adults is either misinformed or extremely close-minded.
    A lot of states are beginning to regulate marijuana on the same scale as alcohol and employers are starting to no longer test for it. The nfl is clearly behind "on the times".

Mogriffjr likes this.
  9. K'OB

In answer to your opening line ,if they are needing it for medicinal purposes you will no doubt find that they are just normal everyday run of the mill folk and KIDS with problems and I doubt these people are rolling fat ones to smoke in front of the tv on an evening, they will take their prescribed dose of cannabis oil like they would take penicillin or other drugs prescribed by the doctor, you know because that would be sensible.

I never said that they couldn't do both and I am sure there will be plenty of dumb cunts that will, like the heroin addicts who do that and their methadone.

Personally myself I wouldn't much care for a bus driver, train driver, pilot etc buzzing off a joint or several joints the night before and god forbid the day they are getting behind the wheel of whatever machinary they use but if you are good with that then that is your prerogative.

I shall immediately phone my brother in law and tell him the psychosis he was going through and massive paranoia was all down to something else and he can start sparking the fucking skunk back up again, no doubt he will be overjoyed at the news, his wife and my wife no doubt will be less so enthusiastic over the news.

States can regulate it all they want, it is a drug that gets you high and can lead to mental issues at the end of the day, it isn't something I want to see my kids smoking every day of their lives, a joint at a party once in a while is neither here nor there but people have addiction problems and there will be trouble further down the line.

You can see that it is already a problem as pro sportsmen are that addicted they would rather fuck their careers up to get high as often as they want, even when they know they are going to be tested it would seem and man, that is flat out dumb or mentally impaired already maybe.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

When is he eligible to return?? LOL

11. K'OB

It was 4 games and he has served them now.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

So you missed the part where every QB completely lit us up via running in the last 4 games except Brady?

K'OB likes this.
  13. JdotGriff

Your post is filled with sooooooooo much-uneducated info and is a clear sign of your stance currently. "Still buzzing off a joint or several joints night before" lol I digress from continuing with this conversation with you.

Also just to be clear you have much more to fear from alcohol use/after effects then you do from marijuana use when it comes to your pilots, drivers, and machine operators.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Lots of misinformation the past couple of pages.
    We do not know what substance Lee tested positive for. If marijuana, it would be his second failed test. First positive test for Marijuana carries no suspension . Second positive test results in a 4 game ban.
    It could be a first for for Adderall which would show up on PED testing which is done randomly throughout the year and falls under the substances of abuse policy.
    Teams may assign chaperones to a player , Gordon had 24 hour chaperones when with the Patriots and still managed to get high.
    It's not realistic to have babysitters for grown ass men. If they choose to violate the policy, they suffer the consequences.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

JdotGriff likes this.
  16. K'OB

Okay, learn to read and especially the bit "god forbid on the day" so I would prefer my pilots to be not stoned before flying me on holiday, obviously I am a huge cunt.
    Now the buzzing from the night before I was meaning the downer that follows getting fucked off your face for some people, not all people but some people and the fact that it is still in your system the next day and detectable for upto a month.

I see you ignore my personal tale about my brother in law, no doubt it doesn't fit in with the weed is safe as fuck mantra.

I was waiting for the alcohol is worse comparison and I am shocked it took 3 posts.

Oh and there is barely a party drug on this earth that I haven't sampled at least once in a past life, so don't presume to fucking tell me about the effects of drugs and drink on people, so you can take that as my permission to desist from conversing with me.

#156 K'OB, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Guy shares a personal story with with some inside info and folks get upset cause the news hurts their feelings. Don’t kill the messenger.

That kind of stuff is what message boards are supposed to be about anyway

Ralebird and Mogriffjr like this.
  18. JdotGriff

Your post for the most part was unbearable and misinformed to read so yeah i stopped before getting even half way threw it.To be clear there has not been a single study int he last 20 years that disagrees with the fact that alcohol has far worse ramifications that marijuana in every single aspect. Its impairment its after effects and its health side effects. So yeah it typically iis one of the first go to's.

Do you have some vision that people who smoke weed just sit around all day and smoke. Or cant do things with out smoking?
    Do you believe that weed has some addiction property that alcohol doesn't? Your rebuttles of "i dont my taxi drive or pilot getting high"
    Is so fucking stupid and hold zero value when your ok with them slamming back a few drinks dumb ass.