Jamal Adams - Folks You Might Want to Read This From Saints Board...Interesting...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mrgoose, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Too late

Since1969 likes this.
  2. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

This is the only guy on the entire team I saw this season flying around the field like we were playing in the post season. Let him talk a little... who cares?

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Dude EARNED the right to say just about anything he wants (football related) with his play this season.

rohirrim665 and donkey like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

if the team and organization is still a shit show in 2 years no one could blame him or any other FA for wanting out of here .

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah but unchecked he's going to say something that is going to get him in trouble. I'm waiting for it...

Commenting on coaches and players was cute a year ago. Now it's too much...

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

you know how much backlash the FO would get if they traded Adams? He's probably the most popular Jet player in YEARS, maybe even close to a decade.

but hey, I guess we would get another John Riggins like Documentary

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Imagine saying a dumbass comment like this ... Some Jet fans are the worst.

I think some fans would rather see a great young player drafted by the Jets win on another team, then that player trying his best to turn things around here and win.

8. WarriorRB28

He's earned the right to say anything he wants (football related).

He's on his way to a Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp type career. His passion, his speech is part of what makes him who he is you don't muzzle him.

When was the last time the Jets had a defender like him? Have they ever had a defender like him? A awesome blend of talent, effort, passion, speech & not only leadership but a willingness to lead.

hiker likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Darrelle Revis and he didn't take to the media like this.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Exactly - this is the entire point of the NFL. Win when your best players are cheap, then make hard decisions later.

For some bizarre reason he was in love with Bowles, who is now gone. Obviously he doesn't like it, and all of a sudden playing on a 13-win team (which blew off their last game) that has a HoF quarterback where he played college ball sounds appealing. Well duh. Unfortunately for him it ain't going to happen any time soon, unless the Saints think he's worth high draft choices or excellent players.

On the other hand, I really wish he'd STFU already. And do I think he could cause trouble down the road if the Jets don't improve quickly? You bet.

11. WarriorRB28

He was great for a bit but he was never the total package like Adams could be.

He was a 'quiet, lead by example' type seems like the Jets get those Mo Lewis was another one.

Jack Lambert, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp Jamal Adams could be one of those type of defenders.

Let him talk. He only wants what's best for the Jets.

King Koopa likes this.
  12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I ran into J.J. Watt at Chili's the other day, we got to talking and he informed me that he loves the Jets and would love to play there if the opportunity presented itself.

Pepsiguy5, Sec124DieHard, CBG and 5 others like this.
  13. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

The guy is a winner and unless the jets become winners he is going to want to leave this isnt news and I dont blame him

Falco21 likes this.
  14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He didn't earn that right. He earned the respect in the locker room and in the franchise and with that respect, he needs to shut his mouth publicly and express his concerns or opinions to ownership, not the media.

I don't give a shit how good you are, speaking out like this to the media and to random people is reckless and not in the build of a leader and captain.

CBG and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Correct.

Win and all this shit goes away. Very simple.

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I blame myself. I live right near the Barclays Center and saw on IG that Jamal was in attendance. I should have made my way into the arena somehow to disrupt this convo.

TheJetLife likes this.
  17. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I respect his fire and effort to recruit talent to the team. He wants to win and we need someone like him in the team to lead the locker room and make this team attractive.

That being said, his loud mouth will wear thin if the Jets continue to fail. That will eventually lead to a nasty breakup between him and this franchise.

On the other hand, if the Jets turn it around and start playing meaningful football deep into seasons and winning, most of us will have his back and continue to appreciate his fire when he speaks up.

It all depends on the success of the team going forward. It either crashes and burns with his attitude or it elevates the passion of the fans as well as the locker room.

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This is like speculation on top of speculation on top of speculation. One dude meets Adams and talks nonsense and this is newsworthy?

TonyFtLaud, Acad23 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Wow, words can't describe this. Pretty sure that the OP on Saints board said none of that happened lol.

K'OB likes this.
  20. mrgoose

mrgoose Member

Reading it, you don't get the strong sense that the kid was be facetious about Jamal "not saying any of this?"

Now, perhaps Jamal didn't say any of it. If so, then I should have never posted it.