Kliff Kingsbury signs with Cardinals

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BudJet, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with a rookie HC. There is definitely something wrong with a rookie NFL HC with little track record of winning at his previous job.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Coordinator role, sure. HC, no way. I'm interested to see how he does with the the highly touted JT Daniels at USC next year. Daniels should thrive under him but we shall see.

3. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Easy to look at the texas win loss record and leave it at that.

Must of done something incredible to get his recognition within proffesional circles.

He wont be coming if he doesnt ace his interview though and with that have a competant staff ready to come on board.

Think at this stage its between todd, kliff and mike.

We have a top 3 job opening, someone will blow up the interview.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Every HC candidate out there with 'experience' has been fired. For performance.

thedrjay, legler82 and apjbfc like this.
  5. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Definitely good stuff. McCarthy doesn't need to work this year since he's getting paid no matter what. If he doesn't like anything about the Jets' situation (e.g., Mike McCagnan), then he can easily walk. I can't believe I'm typing this, but it's actually smart of the Johnson Bros and McCagnan to setup an interview with Kingsbury, even if they're just doing due diligence to try to find the next McVeigh/Nagy, etc. Also, if a star player supports the move, it can't be bad for locker room morale. (I'll admit, that really surprised me.)

legler82 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah its all great when Kanter gets a double double while proceeding to give up 20 points on the other side of the floor. Kanter is a decent piece off the bench tho

7. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I honestly just think older guys want McCarthy and younger guys want Kingsbury

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Kingsbury can bring Mahomes with him (yeah, I KNOW he's under contract with the Chiefs), then I'm all for hiring him to be the HC.

legler82 likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't trust Adams in terms of this. They probably all want that young hotshot coach that can relate to the players. Do they like him because of his football IQ?

10. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

His problem at Tech was he could not recruit for shyte, He couldn't grovel to teenagers and their parents. He also didn't really get close to many HS coaches in Texas. These coaches are the conduit to HS talent,, a big influence on the kids.

He did run a fairly disciplined team if kids didn't go to class or got themselves in trouble they were gone or suspended. At Tech he put in long hours and is a hard worker.

One of our biggest assets is Darnold. KK is the perfect coach to further develop him.. KK just recognizes talent and gets the most out of them.. Manziel, Keenum, Webb, Mayfield, Mahomes. He ran a fairly balanced offense with little talent, and got good results until his next prodigy, Alan Bowman went down with a collapsed lung.

Stick KK with a good D coordinator that he can work with and I think he would do a great job. I think the time he spent in New England as a backup QB for Belicheck influenced his coaching style, everything is secretive and he kept his assistants and players silent.

#70 njjets93, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  11. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Why do people look at a college coach W-L record like it’s the be all-end all? Is TT Bama now? Hell 8-5 at TT is probably like 10-3 elsewhere. Have you looked at their history? Besides Leach who in the last 40 years has won there consistently? And even Leach was consistently 8-5,9-4

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

My top-4 (no order) are Rhule, Kliff, McCarthy & Monken.

IF Kliff were to be the hire, who can we bring in for DC?

#72 macbk, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  13. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

My top 3 would be Monk, Kliff, or Mc Carthy. I like the first two more since they are younger and would be able to grow with Darnold and maybe relate better .

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

almbleamal and FJF like this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Hernidinger was one of the people who pushed for TJ.... that is all you need to know about that jackass

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sure. Usually from NFL head coaching jobs though. Not Texas Tech

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Kliff would be the exciting hire. McCarthy falls under the safe category for me, though the worry with Mike is can he adapt to the NFL of today? I mean, FFS, he had Aaron Jones on this roster from Week 3 on and didn't start utilizing him until it was too late.

thedrjay likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

See I understand what you are saying but the “stick him with a good D coordinator” part is the problem.

He doesn’t get stuck with a coordinator, good or bad. It’s the head coach’s job to pick and hire one. He came from Texas Tech and has no connections

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Hypothetically we take the Rams approach & KK becomes our next head coach. Surely we need a Wade Phillips-type defensive coordinator on the staff. It's a must in that situation IMO. Question is, who is that DC?

Discuss.

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles

Sec124DieHard, FJF, njjets93 and 2 others like this.