Jets Fire Todd Bowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AMJets, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's on the second page. Couldn't get on my computer fast enough to post it on the first page lol.

FJF likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

For SolidGoldBowles..

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

You do not want Gase. Look at the stats in Miami. He got rid of players that would not toe his line. He let Landry walk, traded their number 1 running back to the eagles.the list is long. Robbie Anderson will be gone with Gase. The websites in Miami say the guy tanked the last 3 games of the season just so he could be fired.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You're more qualified than Bowles for sure. He never got the hang of that task in 4 years. Dude got a 2 year extension still. Unbelievable.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. boozer32

Why hasn't Bates and Rodgers been fired? Just read a story on Bates that the players hated him. Voice their concerns all the way to Maccagnan.

#205 boozer32, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    JetsNation06, jetsclaps and K'OB like this.
  6. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

I guess they are waiting for the next coach to see what he is going to do with the rest of Bowle's staff. I really like the special team coach and Kevin Green but that's about it.

7. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Bates *was* remarkably consistent in his two stints as offensive coodinator:

Seattle 2010 28th yds, 23rd points/gm
    Jets 2018 29th yds, 23rd points/gm
    according to the ESPN stats page.

Some coaches like to hire their friends rather than find the best guy, Bowles may be one of those coaches,
    like Lovie Smith promoting Hue Jackson now.

Ron

boozer32 and jetsclaps like this.
  8. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

I always questioned Todd Bowles defensive schemes. He always had at least 1 CB playing 10+ yards off, it never worked. Press coverage seemed rare, which is stupid.

Did that bug anyone else?

CotcheryFan and NY Jets68 like this.
  9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Pretty much everything about his defense was maddening. The communication, or lack thereof, in the secondary was the largest problem. For four years they did nothing but blow coverage assignments in absolutely key situations. If those mistakes are still being made in Week 17 of an NFL season, then that's a coaching issue.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF IF IF this happens 2 huge problems = first which ever coach we do hire right here and now willl be gone as a NEW GM in 2020 or later will want his own coach ( at least a reputable GM or it will be more of the same ) and second the team will be set back 4 or 5 years by the money spent NOW on free agents by MAC as we will be locked into some big contracts ! IMO keeping Mac was not foolish it IS STUPID !

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks ago, Enunwa threw Bates under the bus in his post game interview. It was pretty clear he thought the play calling in the Red Zone has sucked. Since they just gave Q an extension and expect him to be a big part of the O going forward, I wouldn't worry too much about Bates being around much longer.

boozer32 and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Bates won't be around long after the new HC is hired. There can't possibly be a third NFL coach who thinks that this guy can call an offense.

13. So theoretically Bowles wants to play press coverage. Problem is that never meshed well w what hevalso wanted from his corners which was to think run first.He targetted big long guys who could help against the run but never had the feet/quickness to cover downfield. Juston Burris is the perfect example. By mid season Bowles had every DB playing 12 yards off the ball to avoid being beat deep

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. boozer32

That's why he lasted 1 year at those spots. I wonder what Morton would have done with Darnold.

RonPi likes this.
  15. boozer32

Then when stuff went sideways he didn't have the mental capacity to adjust the coverages. That takes a special kind of stupid.

16. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Guess no one realized I was being sarcastic

17. boozer32

Not only happening in week 17 but also in year 4.

RonPi, jets_fan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. How about how poorly that matches up w New England too? Theyre all about short area quickness outside the hashes.Cromartie used to shut down Moss but didnt have that foot quickness via change if direction when matched w Wes Welker & Edelman. Bowles defense was this principle in steroids.

I think he felt the bigger guys would swallow up NE or would beat them down w their jam.Not so much

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The bottom line - and the most infuriating thing - about Bowles and his coaching was that he appeared incapable of making any adjustments. Good coaches make adjustments; bad ones become unemployed. Bowles is Exhibit A.

boozer32 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Was that all up to Gase or was it more the GM? I'm not sure what his level of authority is there. To be fair, they did make the playoffs and had a chance this year despite the talent loss. I thought they overachieved with a very weak QB situation. I do agree it was bad to lose Landry and trade Ajayi, but did Landry even want to stay? Wasn't he UFA?

Ajayi is a great option for the Jets, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.