Who will get canned?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Namath2Kolber, Dec 6, 2006.

?

What NFL coach will get fired this year?

1. Art Shell

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. Tom Coughlin

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Denny Green

31 vote(s)
    63.3%
  4. Joe Gibbs

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Jon Gruden

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

What head coach is most likely to be fired after (or during) this NFL season?

2. iLoveJets

iLoveJets New Member

Art Shell, Tommy Chokemaster Coughlin, Joe Gibbs, Dennis Green,

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I voted Denny since they already said he was gone right?? I also think Coughlin is a goner.

4. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I look for Gruden to get the ole heave ho.

5. Khan

Khan Active Member

Gruden why? How much talent is actually on the Bucs besides Ronde Barber, Derrick Brooks, and Cadillac Williams? The Cardinals have two of the best receivers, a pro-bowl RB, top ten pick QB that won twice at the college level, and a few younger studs on defense like Adrian Wilson and Darnell Dockett. There's more talent on the Cardinals...but they lose. And obviously the Redskins have even more, but they lose. Those are when you get rid of the coaches.

6. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Definitely Denny Green. The guy hates being in Arizona and the Bidwells hate having him there. He will be in studio somewhere next year.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Green during , Coughlin at the end.
    I wonder who Arizona could possibly bring in??? :scratches chin:

8. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2684806

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

remember by wk 13 last year, Woody was still backing Herm.. Of course they are gonna say that, they are still in the playoff chase. If the Giants don't improve Coughlin will be a goner. The Giants are a mess right now, big time changes need to be made this offseason. As for the poll, Denny Green is a given, which makes him the most likely..

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I dont think he should, hes taking the blame for alot down here. Nobody mentions Michael Clayton has sucked balls since his rookie year. Which then in turn makes the play of their Rookie QB worse. Someone with Claytons talent should be an asset to him when hes dropping balls and not getting open. Also, their O-line is pretty mediocre at best, two rookies starting, sometimes 3 due to injury.

and onto D, they havent drafted to replace their key positions for their cover 2 system. so now the age of the D is showing.

I believe that Gruden inherited a SB team and made the few changes on Offense to get them over the hump. but I still think Gruden is a pretty solid coach. Unless they can get the PRIMTIME candidate in the offseason they need to stay put and draft better with Gruden holding the clipboard.

-Now I think Denny Green is gone, maybe Norm Chow should just be stolen from TEN and they can just have the Master with the Disciple in ARI.

-Coughlin should be gone for having a team with this much talent fall on its face and look immature while doing it.

-Shell will probably stay 1 more year just to not make Al Davis look bad.

11. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

All of them but Coughlin and Gruden?

12. Pam

Don't get me wrong. I really like Gruden but I think he's being thrown under the bus. Lots of grumbling going on in Tampa.

13. Green Lantern 80

Denny Crane! Woops Denny Green. Long past gone.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Art Shell just got back to Oakland. Its his 1st year, no way hes out this early.

Coughlin MAYBE...this depends on how the Giants finish the year.

Joe Gibbs was told hes coming back.

Jon Gruden gets this year sort of off due to Chris Sims being hurt and all

Dennie Green is what we thought he was:Fired.

Others who could be gone from their team:

Jeff Fisher(Ten. He doesnt deserve to be, but the Titans owners could become cheap and not give him a contract extention. They have been cheap the past couple years with the payrolls)

Andy Reid(Phi. This is pending on how Philly does the rest of the way. he may be like Gruden and get the excuse because his QB got hurt this year as well as coaching a team to a SB on his resume)

Jim Mora Jr(Atl. Decent chance hes gone pending on how Atl does the rest of the way. He has been up and down with the team though)

Holmgren(Doubtfully), Parcells, Cowher and Dungy could all retire or leave their teams by the end of this year too. Though I doubt it for each one...

#14 BakerMaker, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

oh ok than you know the deal, I thought you were saying he deserved to. But yes your right theres alot of talk down here.

16. Pam

Oh hell no! Gruden's a football guru. IF we didn't have Mangini, I would be screaming to get this guy. My grandparents live near Tampa, my Pap tells me what goes on in the papers there.

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah, the fans down here are dumb. to be honest. not overall but the avg fan couldnt tell you anything outside of bucs football, let alone their own division. the super bowl brought TONS and TONS of bandwaggon fans. so they just constantly gripe about everything.

18. mem_reddog

mem_reddog New Member

Gruden is no football guru. I think he would make a good OC, but he hasn't done anything as a head coach that is deserving of such a title as guru. He won his superbowl with Dungy's team. Since he has put his stamp on the team with his players they have done nothing.

#18 mem_reddog, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I think that every guy on this list deserves to be fired. Maybe not Gibbs because Snyder has made terrible roster decisions. But the other guys, definitely.

Gruden is very overrated. He is not good at molding quarterbacks. His play-calling is way too pass heavy, especially with a rookie QB and an all-star RB out there. He never takes any chances. He's always just trying to cover his ass, which results in a lot of FGs and punts.

But the worst of them all is Denny Green. He is the only NFL coach that I am confident I could do better than if I was out there and I don't even really know the difference between a DE and a DT. His play calling is completely counter-intuitive and his clock management skills make Herm Edwards look like Clocky McTimerson (couldn't think of anyone). The person I feel worst for is Matt Leinart. Not only did he have to endure that excruciating first round in the draft last year but now he's on a team with tremendous offensive talent but his bumbling sea otter of a coach just kills them. I also feel bad for all those saps that bought Cardinals season tickets this year. Can you imagine paying 65 bucks a game to watch that crap? At least Oakland, SanFran, and the other crap teams will give you an exciting game once in a while.

Felt good to vent there.

20. jeff23ld

jeff23ld New Member

Tom Coughlin