Herman's Head

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Green Guy, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

Did you guys catch the look on Ole Herm's face when the Browns hit the game winning field goal to knock off his Chief's? He had that "how did that happen" look we became so familiar with here in New York.

I was really not expecting much from the Jets this season, but competing head to head with Herm and KC for a playoff spot is just the bomb! Even if we don't make it, it's exciting to watch and see our young team overachieving!

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

WHY???? Why are you guys so worried about Herm? We just thrashed Gb and we are in playoff position as of right now. Who cares about Herm?????????????

3. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

I enjoyed that.

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Because the KC loss put us in a playoff position as of right now?

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That has nothing to do w/ why GG started this thread and you know it.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Some of us just enjoy seeing Herm fall flat on his face, and I'm one of them....

Enjoying that little snibit does not take away from the fact that we owned GB yesterday, it's almost like the icing on my cake.

We won, KC lost, it betters us for a playoff spot, and Herm had that clueless look on his face again....

Bravo for this thread. I actually replayed the Herm replay and got another good chuckle out of it.

#6 KOZ, Dec 4, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  7. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

By the way, Herm made another clock management blunder that the announcers even pointed out. He just let the time run when the Browns had 1st and goal instead of conserving time with a timeout. It proved to be crucial as the Chiefs were able to drive down into Browns territory,but ran out of time...meanwhile Herm still had TOs in his pocket when regualtion ended.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

Exactly, put me on the list too. Why aren't Jets fans allowed to enjoy Herm losing and post about it in the NFL forum? Meanwhile, they have an angry Ravens team coming in followed by a little trip to San Diego. Ohhhhh baby! Yeah, the Chefs can win the games, but I hope they lose really close ones due to clock management, and I don't think I'm alone.

9. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

All I can say is I'm glad to have Mangini. When I watch the Chiefs struggle, I think "not my problem." Any animosity I have towards Edwards is overshadowed by the sheer sense of relief I experienced when he flew the when I saw what kind of coach Mangini is.

And every time that fourth round pick Leon Washington flashes big play ability, that doesn't hurt too much either.

Most of the time, Herman Edwards was not an awful coach. None of the time was he an excellent coach. I think expecting anything from a team with a mediocre coach is sure to end in disappointment. I never saw Edwards getting this team above and beyond, and so I'm glad he's gone. I'm over it.

-X-

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

My Inlaws were over watching the game and you could have heard a fish fart from 20ft away when the Brownies hit that FG. They were in total shock at first, then they all looked at me. I told them to get used to it. :grin:

11. mem_reddog

mem_reddog New Member

I think that look had more to do with Herm wondering how in the hell did Anderson ran down the sideline for that many yards at about 1 mph. I was wondering the same thing when I saw the replay. I kept saying that they must be playing it in slow motion. KC's defense is awful, there is no excuse for allowing a guy that slow to run for that many yards.