Quincy Enunwa Re-signed!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 28, 2018.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Tyrell is FA? That would be sick, he’s underrated. Been following him since practice squad days, dude can be a #1.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It's impossible to compare Enunwas contract with Cooks or any one else's deals untill the details are made public. For the record, Cooks deal was $ 51 million guaranteed. Over 20 million guaranteed at signing. I expect Qs deal will be closer to $10-12 million guaranteed at signing but we have to wait and see

K'OB and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah this^

He will get a portion of the guaranteed money at signing, but otherwise this is in essence 3/20. Never, EVER look at the totality of the contract because that's literally a best case scenario.

He could get a 10-12 mill signing bonus and basically the deal become the 3 years and what's left of the guaranteed money aka 10-12 mill.

NFL contracts are weird...there's a ton of factors between the guaranteed money, what the actual years are, the buyouts, etc. This isn't a a "9 mill" per year deal thing.

ColoradoContrails, TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Why wait and see when we can gnash our teeth now and whine about everything?

apjbfc, johnny, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Matters no less than yours Jack.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I’m all for solid contributers but the guy is a walking injury and has missed almost half the games due to injury that he’s been on the team for. Playing hard and being a team player means nothing if you can’t find a way to stay on the field.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Who exactly are you replacing him with and for how much?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If Robby is a good citizen this off season and he plays well next year, then they should lock him up like they did Q before season ends.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Fact is
    Anderson > Enunwa
    Heart wise
    Enunwa >> Anderson
    Trust wise
    Enunwa >>>> Anderson
    Both would be good but as a fan I am thrilled to bring Q back. Plays like a Jet (should play)

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If we let Q get away he probably would end up a Patriot:(

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Cap space is a valuable commodity, and just as easy to use in a trade, as it is to overpay mediocre oft-injured players with. If a team is looking to unload an elite wide receiver with a big cap number, think AJ Green, Mike Evans etc., it would be a much better use of our resources to bundle cap relief with a lower round draft pick for a difference maker, who will accelerate both the team's and our quarterback's progress, then to give out overly generous contract to an average homegrown player just because he's on our roster. We've been down this road with better players than Quincy, like Mo Wilk, and it never ends up improving the team.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Don't we say that about EVERY player we let go

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Complaining about this deal reeks of last offseason when people cried and stomped their feet over paying McCown $10 million. Does anyone even remotely care about that now?

14. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

And everyone would bitch "Why didn't we sign him"

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are bitching about this signing. I much rather have resigned Q than go and overpay for someone like Golden Tate. People seem to forget that we had the same exact offense one year ago and we were what, top 10 in passing? Hell, I would even say our weapons this year were better than they were last year. I don't think our weapons are as bad as they are made out to be. I just think Bates scheme is complete trash. No one is being schemed open. Go sign Tyrell Williams, Lev Bell, and change the OC and I think we see a dramatic change.

16. BroadwayAaron

Some perspective for the whiners:

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Forgot to add this to my post, but how quickly everyone is to forget that we kept a revolving door at WR for Sanchez and looked what happened? Yes, i believe Darnold is way more talented than Muck ever was but making sure Darnold has chemistry with his weapons is huge.

18. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Just wait until people see how much these mediocre wr’s get in free agency. This deal will seem very reasonable at that point.

19. BroadwayAaron

I personally don’t think this contract for Quincy is above market value, but even if you want to say it is, then whatever we paid above market value is worth it for exactly this reason. I said it earlier in the thread but it baffles me that the same people who watched us slowly dismantle the team put around Sanchez are now up in arms over bringing back one of Sam’s favorite targets from early on in his career.

20. Rollo Tomassi

Wait, so THAT'S your plan?

You hate the Q deal because he's always injured and the $$ is too much?

But you want to trade for AJ Green? Who is ALWAYS injured, will be 31 before the draft, is on the last year of his contract and will want elite WR money next year and already makes more than Q? And you want to give up draft capital for him? You think Cincy is giving him up for a 5th rounder?

You want to trade for Mike Evans who just signed the second largest contract EVER for a WR? And give up what, maybe the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft and maybe one of our 3rds? Maybe more? They aren't taking a "lower round" draft pick for him.

Look, just say "arrrgggghhhh I hate the contract, I'm a Jet fan I hate everything" and leave it at that because there is no rational reason to hate it.

AJ Green, Mike Evans.

Etc. Who's the "etc"? Julio Jones? OBJ? Antonio Brown? Adam Thielen?

Yeah, lets just trade for a difference maker--so easy. And cheap.

Lol.