Two of the best two choices for Jets FO/HC via Saints or Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Dec 24, 2018.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

The Jets need to clean house and that includes firing the GM and EVERY coach. We need a new attitude, look and mentality. The number of flags is embarrassing and shows lack of training and discipline. We must get an offensive HC who can actually lead the team.

The best GM/HC combo is sitting to the north and taking them would cripple the Patriots who fans hate the most. It would cost a lot with guaranteed contracts.
    GM - Nick Caserio the Patriots Director of Player Personnel. He is the #3 after Kraft and Belichick.
    HC - Josh McDaniels the Patriots Offensive Coordinator.

Plan B if they keep Mike Maccagnan as GM would be go the Saints connection:
    HC - Pete Carmichael
    OC - Joseph Lombardi
    DC - Gregg Williams

I would be hoping he would bring along either Joseph Lombardi or Daniel Campbell from the Saints to be his OC. Also, if Gregg Williams doesn’t get to stay in Cleveland, Carmichael would have an inside track to land him as our new DC.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I think McDaniels has the Pats job on lock once Bill is done. It has to be what was promised to him which led to him saying "no thanks" to Indy.

Gregg Williams, wouldn't surprise me if he stays aboard with the Browns. Hell, he may he even get a shot to remain HC.

abc and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So your plan is to clean house but if not do something else.

Cool story Hansel.

Jets69 likes this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed on both fronts. I would want to at least talk to McDaniels as part of the search for the new HC, but like you said, it seems to be a foregone conclusion that he's the coach-in-waiting in New England.

Not sure that I'd want Gregg Williams as our HC, but he has done a very good job in Cleveland and should be afforded the opportunity to continue leading that franchise. They really shouldn't even be leading a coaching search there at this point. The fact that we're talking about meaningful Cleveland Browns football in December should lock the job up for him.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Bar the special teams coach Boyer, a massive success this season in amongst a steaming pile of crap.

abc and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Fuck the Pats and all those fuckers. It may be irrational, but it's the way I feel.

abc, ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Belichick instilled his hatred for the Jets from the top to the bottom of that organization.

No one will come to the Jets from the Patriots FO.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Boyer stays.

abc and K'OB like this.
  10. JetsFan

Gregg Williams will have a shot in Cleveland to interview for HC, but if we gets snubbed at HC, he won't be in Cleveland next season. As most of you I think the Jets will keep the GM, so a Saints trio would be the best scenario. I truly want to gut the FO/CS, but that will only happen if we get a new GM. Bowles may suck as a HC, but the GM is partly to blame the last few years of shitty teams.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yay, a new thread about the same shit. It’s a Christmas miracle

12. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Yes but this one is his so its special. Very Very Very special......

abc and FJF like this.
  13. JetsFan

Well with most college HC out of the running now and both the Harbaugh brothers out too, the dynamics have changed in just the last two weeks. If you don't like the thread, don't read it, I mean there are so many good threads about the great things we have done this season, you pretty more to read.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Experienced HC please ...and only that!!!!!

Sean Payton available ???? If that's not an auditory hallucination from Dan Orlovsky then JUST DO IT

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There is a coaching thread that this fit into just fine that would have continued the running conversations of the last month. You’ll see it when this is merged into it

Off topic. What happened to the darnold is Sanchez thread? Can’t find it anywhere

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Are the Patriots even good right now? Not sure I would want to hire people on the Titanic to run my ship for me.

NY Jets68, K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

There is one strange wrinkle about McDaniel's staying in New England.It has always been assumed, correctly until now, that the Pats were a much more attractive job than the Jets. But with Brady close to retirement, and no heir apparent at the game's most important position, does Darnold's emergence and upside, suddenly make the Jets' job the more attractive option to an offense oriented coach like McDaniels?

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I wouldn’t hire anyone that flaked out on another employer.

Guy drafted Tebow too so I’m not sure which is worse.

19. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

No to Carmichael. First time coach

Be careful with these New England disciples. None seem to do particularly well once they're away from Brady and Belichick. McDaniels first tenure with Denver was plagued by immaturity. Then he pulls that shit last year in Indy. The kid is a total scumbag plus he has the NE job guaranteed whenever Belichick retires (which is probably sooner than later with Brady's decline) McDaniels does not go back to NE if Belichick was planning on being around 3 or more years.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't get the love affair with McDaniels... I don't want anything to do with him .