Nesquiks Mock Offseason 2019

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Nesquik, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Nesquiks Mock Offseason 2019

RESIGNS

QUINCY ENUNWA WR

ROBBY ANDERSON WR

ANDRE ROBERTS WR

NEAL STERLING TE

DAVIS WEBB QB

BRANDON COPELAND EDGE

HENRY ANDERSON DE

MORRIS CLAIBORNE CB

DARRYL ROBERTS CB

RONTEZ MILES S

JASON MYERS K

FA SIGNINGS

LEVEON BELL RB/WR 27
    OK , so I’m a firm believer that RBs should be devalued and unless you’re Barkley u shouldn’t be chosen with a top 5 pick or paid over. But Darnold is the priority here. We need a bonafide star on the offensive side of the ball and he is the only one available. Pay him what Gurley got and hope he elevates your QB to be able to actually be successful. They are no RBs in this draft that excite me enough to pick in ROUND 3 and we cant rely on nailing that pick. Bell is special he grew up a Jet fan bring the kid home and actually make a move for once. I put the slash in there because i think most people dont want to pay Bell because hes a RB. What they are not factoring in is his ability to play WR. If we get someone truly creative i think u can use all 3 RBS moving forward. . Leveon And I like McGuire and Cannon and believe they will have much bigger roles moving forward.

MATT PARADIS C 27
    Graded out as top 3 Center per PFF this season. Broken leg cost him his season but should be fine. Allows Long to stay at G which he is much better at. Kevin Mawae and Nick Mangold have set a standard for us and maybe have left us spoiled to how important and how hard it is to fill it(see CB) . They are the most important part of the line to me and one that elevates the ones around it the most. Yes a LT is extremely important but RT essentially is as-well the way teams target ur weakest pass protector. They can dictate where their rusher goes as opposed to T switching sides.Again another signing that is immediately tied to helping Darnold.

PRESTON SMITH EDGE 26
    Arguably our biggest need since i was a young child a real pass rush wont exactly be filled by one guy but i think the potential is there to get an undervalued asset for less than a say Demarcus Lawrence or Jadeveon Clowney type will get this year on the open market. Preston Smith is maybe a tier below talent wise but every bit the athlete those other 2 guys are

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/preston-smith

He screams to me of a guy who just maybe hasn’t gotten home as much as he should have (24 sacks) but for sure could take a leap with better coaching/scheme. PFF grades him out as top 20 overall defender at his position and a 2019 pro bowler.

SHANE RAY EDGE 25
    Another EDGE guy, Ray has under performed in his stay in Denver. But i really liked the prospect coming out, we need as much help as we can get and bringing in another young player could possibly pan out, you never kno when it kind of just clicks for a guy with a change of scenery. Id take the chance has had a couple of injuries but hell be cheap and motivated.

***TRADE LEONARD WILLIAMS*** for 2nd round pick
    Now i think if u ask 20 other GMs in the league I think most think Williams is at-least a pro bowl level player. He flashed his rookie year but i think the fact that his contract is coming up and he’s been pretty blah for most of his career as our main guy, i actually think the move is to trade him now while his value is high. This is a passing league and Williams cant pass rush at the level of a JJ Watt, Chris Jones Fletcher Cox. Not like WIlk did not like Sheldon did, hell not even like Henry Anderson if were being frank.

Teams that could be interested - ATL, LAC, IND, LAR

DRAFT
    (PROJECTING HERE)

**I think we finish in the top 3-4, i think come draft time a team will need a QB as they always do and finally we are that team that trades down with them to do so. Whats the trade?? A 1st hopefully within the top 6 and 2nd this year and a 2nd in 2020.

Teams that could be interested - JAX, DEN, NYG

1.JONAH WILLIAMS OT ALABAMA
    2. RILEY RIDLEY WR GEORGIA
    2. TRAVON DIGGS CB ALABAMA
    3. GERALD WILLIS DE MIAMI (FL.)
    3. TERRONE PRESCOD G NC STATE

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I like the effort. I’m all in on bell too so we’re good there. I think you choose either Ray or Smith and sign a wr, Williams,lac or Tate,phi.
    I don’t see us trading Williams,only fans hate him. Coaches/gms appreciate what he is/brings.

#2 FJF, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Harpua and Nesquik like this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hard to project any of this not knowing what system the Jets will even be running.

Big yes on Bell and Paradis, would prefer to aim higher than a Ray or Smith for edge. If Lawrence shakes free Jets should be all over that, same with Clowney, Ford would be next in line imo.

Don’t like Williams at all at 3, later in the top 10 would be a different story, whether it’s a trade down or win a game or two rest of way. I’d take a serious look at one of the WRs in 1st.

Lastly, trading Leo for a 2nd would be a big fat no from me. I’m gonna hope the new coach gets more production out of him.

Nesquik likes this.
  4. Nesquik

Yeah im just fully expecting the big name EDGE guys to all be signed because players like that never hit the open market. Clowney, Ford, Lawrence should all be back with their teams. Ansah isnt a guy i want and i honestly think some of u are sleeping on Smith a bit, he isnt a big name and wasnt a first rounder but PFF loves him and has him graded a pro bowler.

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I really like what you did here and appreciate the effort........a few comments:

I don't think the Jets are bringing back Sterling, Claiborne, or Miles....
    While I wouldn't rule it impossible I have a hard time seeing the Jets trade Williams unless they were offered a first round pick which won't be happening...
    I really like the Jets adding TWO EDGE guys in FA....they have needed a presence at OLB for a while now and to sign two they would have to set their sights slightly lower than Lawrence, Clowney, ETC. Good players though.....keep an eye on Fowler.
    I see the Jets picking at #5 and taking Jonah Williams. At #3 though......Not sure about that. But never mind...re reading you claim the Jets trade down from #3 and get a second round pick....very good. Although I don't think many trade ups are happening this year a nice concept.
    I really like Diggs the CB out of Alabama - a solid player and a nice replacement for Claiborne...

Over all good job...I've been waiting for posts like this.

Nesquik likes this.
  6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m with the sane folks here.

No reason to trade Leo. We’re not going to be a solid defense without him.

Honestly, only a jerkoff gives a fuck about his hair.

Would love Lawrence.

Harpua likes this.
  7. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Also the Redskins, Bengals, and Bucs might be looking to trade up for a quarterback.

Nesquik likes this.
  8. Nesquik

I don't care about his hair, it's pretty cool actually lol, trading Williams is just a move that saves us money from someone who i just think has underperformed given where he was drafted. All i kept hearing was that he was the best talent in the draft that year. He just is to me an above average starter. It's been 4 years no pro bowls unless u count the one where he got in as an alternate. I just think he has value more for a team looking to win now. W'ere gonna have to pay him also, now if he wants a fair deal given where he actually is a payed fairly then sure sign him back. But i doubt that is the case.

I think the Bucs ride it out with Winston, hes still young and is a QB they have so much leverage over him given his play and off the field actions. Bengals literally dont care what anyone thinks and have been rolling out the same product for years. Lewis, Jackson and Dalton will all be back, maybe a guy later in the draft for them. But yes the Redskins are definitely a team that could look to trade up