SAM makes PFF top QB in Week 15!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Dec 19, 2018.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-sam-darnold-graded-as-nfl-s-top-qb-in-week-15

I can't be more pleased the way Sam is progressing. I watched the Texans game 5 times over, it just looks like he took a big step forward these past 2 weeks. He seems comfortable and in command
    of the offense. I can only imagine how good he will be if we get him a true #1 receiver, L. Bell, and Robby & Quincy as #2 & #3 receivers....not to mention Herndon. Not to mention he is only 21 years old.

Royal Tee, stinkyB, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's still PFF's #31 QB overall, so pump the brakes a little...

Brook!, JetsNation06 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I love PFF. Their grades are great!

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

PFF sucks. Their grades are garbage.

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It takes a while for that publication to catch up and they are grading his stats for the whole season. They haven't caught up and probably won't this year.....but that's OK.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

And this is exactly how PFF works. Good when they rate our team good, bad when they rate our team bad.

7. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

One thing I haven't done that I keep telling my self to do. (too tired working nights right now). Id love to see Darnold's game comparisons stats wise on games below and above 50 degrees Fahrenheit.

8. HomeoftheJets

You're assuming Sam's performance last week happened because he made a big jump in level. It's also possible the performance was a fluke. The reality is probably somewhere in between.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

So far they said the Buffalo game was the coldest he ever played in, not real cold, 35-40f , but he showed no ill effects from weather.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Or bad when it rates Leonard Williams good....

twown, HomeoftheJets and NYJFOREVER like this.
  11. mrjet80

It's possible but it's two weeks now. I really think between the time off and being on the sideline and seeing it from that angle that something has clicked. That's what my eyes and gut are telling me. He needed a reboot of sorts. I'm not saying there will be no more clunkers. I'm saying I see a top first round pick out there the last two weeks...before the injury I wasn't as positive. Remember he has nothing out there really....shoddy line and no elite playmakers. It was all him for the most part....

12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider is the competition level that he has played the past 2 weeks. Both buffalo & Texas have very good defenses.

Harpua likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

The last two weeks Jared Goff has been the worst QB in football. But I don't buy one bit that this is the start of a permanent decline for him. Two weeks is too small a sample.

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good for Sam.

15. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

He's been steadily progressing throughout the year, as you would hope from a rookie, and he's indicated the time off has helped him.

There's more evidence that his current play is the culmination of him gaining experience and getting better and closer to reaching his full potential, than there is evidence this was a fluke.

Just my opinion.

16. HomeoftheJets

That isn't true. Darnold's worst stretch was right before he got hurt. If anything he was regressing and then he came back from the injury and played two good games.

17. mrjet80

I wonder how serious this foot injury really was....there was talk of having him sit on the bench and watch a few games right before this injury popped up. Very convenient but it appears to have worked in his favor so far. And I'm not saying there was no injury we saw him in a walking boot.....just saying..

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

He attributed his better play to sitting and watching Jo15h.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Personally I thought the Jets exaggerated the extent of his injury (fine by me), hence ny nickname for him: Shoe Booty a/k/a The Boot. I worked for a Board Certified foot surgeon for years who specialized in diabetic care and sports medicine. The type of CAM Walker (Controlled Ankle Movement) Boot Sam was wearing is typically prescribed during the healing process for fractures after a hard cast is removed, or for support to take off pressure for strains and sprains to prevent further aggravation. The fact that he was out of it that fast to me seemed like it was more precautionary than anything else.

Seeing him hobble into the locker room during the Bills game was far more horrifying to me. OK, I almost died; but guess what? No boot. My primary concern is that that foot of his turns into his Achilles Heel. No pun intended; but I probably shouldn't have even put those two words out into the fckn universe (tapes mouth shut).

#19 jetophile, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Sam Hammer likes this.
  20. mrjet80

Basically I think he banged the foot up- strain maybe a sprain - higher ups and medical staff decided this was a great opportunity to have him sit and study the game from the sideline. A reboot so to speak . Physically he could have played if they really wanted him to but no let him take a little break and digest what he's seen on the field so far. Turned out to be a good idea. Why "bench" him and let the NY media start their crap about a " struggling rookie " or a 'botched draft pick" just to start trouble ... Sam is gonna have a great career here I can feel it........

FJF likes this.