Need a Real Playmaker on Offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by azhar80, Dec 18, 2018.

1. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

What the Jets lack on Offense besides the obvious (Oline) is a bonafide playmaker, a guy who can take it to the house any given second. Leon Washington was the last Jet that had that ability.

We have decent WRs in R. Anderson, Q. Enunwa... We have some potential at Rb in McGuire and Canon... I like what I seen with Herndon also at TE. However there is not one guy the defense has to key on or account for at all times.

I say look into, if possible ofcourse to the Saints... They have 2 solid RBs in Ingram and Kamara. If I were the Jets I would look into acquiring Kamara if possible. Kamara should not be a 3rd down back, nor should he want to be one.

Kamara is a guy who is dangerous, like L. Bell, in the passing and running. However L. Bell is older, comes with baggage, and would require lots of investment. Idk why but I see another S. Holmes in Bell, maybe it's a Steeler thing. Dude gets paid and goes through the motions. They seem to be about the Money, and only abt the money. So I say approach the Saints and make a deal for Kamara.

This will also allow us to focus on a pass rusher and Oline in the offseason. This move would open the door for our Wrs and Qb, now that the defense has to focus in on 1 player. Kamara has the skills to be a top 5 back. He would be like a M Forte with speed.

Now if we cant get Saints to trade, then I'd try the Bears and T Cohen. Bears have a solid runner in J. Howard, they might be interested in a deal with the Jets... Cohen is another guy, who any given moment can take it to the house.

What you guys think?

2. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

Why in the hell would the saints trade kamara and why would the bears trade cohen. We aren't playing madden. And even if they were to make a trade do you realize how much the jets would have to give up.

3. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

That’s never going to happen

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Deion Branch was nothing like the true threat. [If Sam becomes lethal enough, he will make his receivers lethal. He will need a very good protection for that however.]

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’d have to agree with the responses here ....no way the Saints trade Kamara why would they ? It’s up to the Jets as in Mac and scouting dept to find the next Kamara if they can’t solve the playmaker issue in FA.

You may be right about Leveon Bell .....immense talent BUT whoever signs him is taking a chance and he brings a lot of baggage ....

ColoradoContrails and azhar80 like this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

We could pair him with Todd Gurley to have a dynamic running game and compliment that with a great passing game by adding DeAndre Hopkins and Tyreek Hill.

This is a fucking brilliant suggestion.

8. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

No way Kamara is on the block. Ingram.....maybe....but why trade for a 29 year old RB who has had off the field issues. The value just isn't there. Plenty of better options that will last longer and not cost us draft picks.

legler82 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

As a GM it's not abt who is available now, its abt who will be available soon. Kamara and Ingram will both want starter $, but will not have the carries to show for it. Both cant get starter $, both will want to get paid eventually. I think Saints will have a good problem on their hands.

GM has to be able to think outside the box, and not wait for a who is on the block update/report. You make calls, and you try to get players before they are available. When teams have 2 good RBs, who are solid, throughout the history of the NFL, one guy has to go.

I hope we dont go after L. Bell, this is where my post comes from...

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Can this moved to the video game forum?

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Who says Robby isn't that guy? He clearly has the Jets to burn any corner in the league. Of course it takes an OC to figure out ways to get your fastest guys the ball. Cannon maybe that guy too but we just don't know.

Ideally I think if you sign Q to a decent extension, and grab another vet WR for the slot, go get someone who can help Robby take the top off defenses, now you are really giving Sam some help with playmakers. Add in Herndon, who IMO is primed to be a stud TE next year.

K'OB, Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Kamara is still under contract for another 2 years at under a million per season. Why would the saints possibly consider trading him. High production, low pay is what GMs strive for. Ingram is a FA after the season.
    So your suggestion is for the saints to trade the good cheap player , and over pay the older back with off field issues?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

Ingram is a free agent after the season and could come cheap with his off field issues. At least he wouldn't cost any draft capital. I personally think Bell is going to go to either the Colts or Raiders, Ingram wouldn't be a bad pick up

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To begin with, we wouldn't have to trade for Ingram. He's going to be a FA. Second, his "off field issues" are because the NFL is stupid with regards to the medicine he and other players take for ADHD, adderall. So, in reality, he has no off-field issues. The Jets haven't had a power back like him in a long time. He's 29, but being part of a rotation for pretty much his entire career, his body hasn't taken a lot punishment, and he should still have some good tread left on his tires. He scores TDs. There are a LOT of reasons why signing Ingram would be a very good move.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

The NFL isn't stupid when it comes to Adderall. If a player has a legitimate reason to take it, and a script from a legit DR, the league makes an exception and allows it.
    Adderall is probably the most abused drug by athletes, beginning at the high school level ( it's way over prescribed so easy to obtain in HS) and continuing throughout their careers. In addition to better concentration, Adderall make athletes more aggressive, feel less pain and provide a sense of euphoria.
    It's used before lifting ( the Adderall Workout) and during games as well.
    I also suspect Adderall use had played a role in a large percentage of the off field issues we keep hearing about as well.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Let’s just hope they don’t get fat.

jetophile likes this.
  17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As others have said, it makes no sense for the Saints to trade a very good player on his rookie contract. Same goes for the Bears. The best bet to land a playmaker is through the draft. There are a few possible number 1 WR's we can get.

azhar80 likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

See, I like this approach better.

We could have one Megatron making $20M/yr surrounded by a bunch of C+ guys making $2M, or we can have 5 or 6 guys who rate as B+/A-. In crunch time the defense has no clue where the ball's going.

Plus the stands aren't filled with 30 thousand fans all wearing the same jersey.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

I was prescribed Adderall once and the off-brand label on my bottle started with: METH-----------. So you are correct.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

I'm always leary of how dome guys play once they get outside. Breese is 5-0 in playoff games inside, and 1-5 when forced to play outside (in january!) I realize QB is different than RB, but everything is 10 times harder playing in 20 deg windy weather. Might wanna see how he does when the Saints play in Green Bay first.

azhar80 likes this.