I'm worried we're gonna see a repeat of the 2003 offseason in 2019 with Robbie Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don’t care what anyone says, Robby has some fucked up hair.

Having said that, he was Mr. everything yesterday. Notwithstanding the drop at the end, he was all over the field, constantly trying to get open as Sam was scrambling, helping to extend plays, finding seams, running great routes.

I was down on Robby for being an ass off the field but he’s behaved, seems to have bought in and looks like he’s becoming a team guy.

Most importantly he’s developing serious chemistry with Sam.

I say extend him. He’s worth more than a pick.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I don't know what you've been watching. Put a defender on him and the ball ends up on the ground 90% of the time. The fact that his best game of the season is 7 for 96 on 11 targets speaks volumes about the kind of receiver he is. Not even in the same league as the true #1s in the NFL. He's an average receiver. If he stays at a reasonable price, he's fine to stretch the field. If he goes elsewhere, no big loss.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I look forward to the day Robbie isn't overrated by this fan base.

He's a low end #2/#3 WR with burner speed and off field issues.

IIMeanDeanII and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

I haven’t analyzed the whole thread but is anyone calling Robby a number 1 receiver?

I see plenty of folks decrying him for not being a number 1.

He’s not.

But to suggest he isn’t a valuable or productive receiver?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Holy shit.

Yesterday we had virtually one WR who cared, pretty much zero depth, the dude caught 7 passes for 96 yards and a TD, kept drives alive and folks are dumping on him?

Wow.

ColoradoContrails and Mogriffjr like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Robbie is a starting wr in this league, considering where we are right now, I would be in no hurry to let any of those leave. I also wouldn't be satisfied just accepting him and enunwa as the wr 1 and 2 with out bringing in some more help (t.williams).

Cidusii, johnny, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This offense is boring, it's hard to say what a certain guy can do when it doesn't game plan to anyone's strengths.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Robby isn’t even close to a 1, but he’s a weapon that any OC with a brain can turn into a huge asset. It’s going to depend on what he wants or what he gets offered elsewhere. If someone wants to pay him like a 1... see ya Bob.

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Depth chart debate aside, he is a great deep threat that disappears in games, more often than not, if he's not involved early... and off the field issues.

I'll let you decide if those off the field issues stop at the locker room door.

10. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

If we pay over 10mill a year to keep anderson this offseason I think thats as big of a mistake we can make.

Pros:
    Lightning quick, proven to be a good deep threat, can bring points to the table. Might be developing some form of chemistry with darnold

Cons:
    Small- early season fumbles prove hes not strong.
    His underneeth game is poor, is below average when not playing deep balls.
    Trouble maker- cant keep himself out of trouble during offseasons. Hes one more incident from a season long suspension.

Solution: high tender for 1st round. If he does well then look to franchise him.

After 2 years if he has developed to be ty hilton and not got into trouble then reward him.

Minimise the long term risk with this guy

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What's a game plan?

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agreed. Nobody here is saying thst he's a topflight #1 receiver if this league. However, with the Jets at the moment the is no reason not to bring him back next year. I would try to sign him to a cheap contract for 3-4 years (perhaps $2-$4M / year) or failing that, tender him an offer at 1st-2nd round compensation value. Don't overpay for him, but there is no reason to create a hole when the Jets don't have to.

i would do the same with Enunwa - perhaps with a little less dollars due to jos injuries.

#52 johnny, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Robbie Anderson would be an asset on a team with 2 real NFL WR and a great TE. That doesn't mean he's worth throwing No. 2 WR money at.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Why pinch pennies with $100 million in cap space?

We have a young QB, Robby is young, they seem to be developing some good chemistry late in this 2018 season.

Overpay a bit. For sure it won't bust the cap. Why not?

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Overpay a bit. What does that even mean? Does he deserve to make Julian Edelman money?

16. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

The trouble is, we have so few weapons on the roster that we'll be forced to keep him unless god willing we get lucky in the draft/fa.

17. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I never said he'd be a true #1, i just said that he's a young player who hasn't necessarily been giving Brady or Manning at QB. His production out the gate is kinda rare for a UDFA and people are bitching that he isn't at a pro bowl level and oh hell never be a WR1. Who's asking him to be that?? U say it's a lack of playmakers, yeah don't u think that makes it easier to key in on certain guys where theres literally no one else on the team to focus defenders on or put coverage on them. Im not biting on fools gold, who exactly in the the last 10 years that we drafted has performed better at the WR then Robby please tell me I'm dying to find out why he's so replaceable all of a sudden. Is he flawed yes but he has been the best guy we've had APPRECIATE HIM. And Julian Edelman leads the league in drops focus on that one because hes no where near the league lead like u insinuated he was.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. Nesquik

His QB is the youngest in league history he had 940 yards with McCown and other journeymen QBs his 2nd year in the league, AGAIN some of u Jet fans are crazy and ungrateful. Do u kno what youre watching? Cant u see the lack of talent on the field?? Why would it make it easier for Robby to play better when we have our starting KR playing opposite of him and our 3rd string Rb in the backfield. Not to mention backups on the oline. But yeah lets get rid of Robby we can clearly do better. Learn football u dont play better when ur whole team sucks around u

19. Nesquik

The Super Bowl Champions just tried to snag Robby from us before they settled for Golden tate and some of u want him gone because he isnt a #1 WR lmao.

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

think i'm in the minority here but if i was the gm i would offer him barely #2 receiver money with the intent of playing him in the slot predominantly and if he refuses, let him walk. yes he has some speed and decent hands, but i need my receivers to be more physical like enunwa/herndon.

ColoradoContrails likes this.