Stephen A. Smith for GM

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by AJT73, Dec 14, 2018.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I think the Jets should do what the Mets did and think outside the box. The Mets hired an agent. The Jets should hire a tv personality that really knows football. Stephen A. Smith should be that man. I used what he said yesterday that Spencer Ware and Hunter Henry were key components to the KC San Diego game. I even started the Chiefs d. Derrick Johnson is a beast and can change a game single handedly. I really think I might win my week 15 playoff game now.

Jets 2019!!! Stephen A or bust.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Too funny.

Smith is a fucking moron and knows very little about football. And has forgotten even more.

https://thespun.com/news/espn-analysts-reaction-to-stephen-a-smiths-comment-is-going-viral

ESPN Analyst’s Reaction To Stephen A. Smith’s Comment Is Going Viral

ESPN personality Stephen A. Smith has a habit of forgetting to check his own facts. But on a recent episode of First Take, Smith’s repeated wrong comments about an upcoming NFL game seemed to visibly wear down fellow-analyst Tedy Bruschi.

In the segment in question, Smith made several wrong comments about the Thursday Night Football game between the LA Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs.

As several people on Twitter noted, Smith did not realize that: Chiefs RB Spencer Ware is doubtful for the game, the Chargers are no longer in San Diego, TE Hunter Henry has not played for the Chargers this year, and that LB Derrick Johnson is no longer with the Chiefs.

3. Rollo Tomassi

I hate Bruschi but his reaction was spot on.

4. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

I can take Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless for about 11 seconds before they make me want to gore out my own eyes with a couple of crochet needles

Sam Hammer likes this.
  5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

It was great. He was like what is this guy talking about. It was awful.

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

First take became the page 6 of sports. That's when I stopped watching. Stephen A at times has valid points but he can be a tough listen. When he left ESPN NY I was happy. Then they brought him back. When he starts yelling it is time to move. Again at times he is a good listen but it is tough and many times with certain sports I question if he knows what he's talking about. Prime example was yesterday.

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

If the Jets hired a radio / TV personality to be a general manager, I'd probably quit the team right then and there. That would be some of the dumbest nonsense ever. Stephen A Smith, the king of "What you should have done is...."

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I have been in a few near accidents trying to get Stephen A off my radio

dawinner127, TommyJ and CBG like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stephen A and Cowherd are un listenable

10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

That bit shows how unprepared he was. He better watch it, he'll be out of a job and they'll easily find some other angry black man to replace him

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

the fact that asshole actually gets paid for his schtick is unbelievable

stinkyB likes this.
  12. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

Can't stand Screamin' A, but I don't mind Cowherd. And his co-host is kinda hot.

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic. Stephen A Smith should be nowhere allowed the Jets or any NFL team. Watch the video he had no clue what he was saying. I get people make mistakes and I'll even let the LA SD thing pass because I do that but a guy who was doubtful and one who is on IR and another who doesn't even play for the Chiefs was mentioned is inexcusable.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I should have caught that. Well done there, chap.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I can't stand him one bit. The reaction Bruschi had was absolutely priceless. Did Stephen A make a comment or statement in regards to those comments? I haven't heard anything. For the past 6 weeks I constantly heard him ask Witten or Booger about what is wrong with the Atlanta Falcons? He kept bringing him Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, and DEVANTA FREEMAN and those boys. Freeman has been out almost the entire season bro.

However, I'm not sure who I can't stand more. Trey Wingo or Stephen A. Trey Wingo reminds me of that weasel rat from Billy Madison who tries to steal Adam Sandler's company or Peter Rosenberg on the Michael Kay show. Rosenberg is absolutely clueless when it comes to sports, not sure what the hell he brings to that show other than someone for Kay and LaGreca to make fun of.

[​IMG] <-- Trey Wingo

16. Rollo Tomassi

Yes actually the day after he did a mea culpa saying if he’s going to bust someone’s chops for fucking up then he was going to own it. And he did.

He’s still an annoying ass.

17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

It amazes me how some of these guys get shows. I get a mistake here or there. Human nature but some of them don't know anything about sports and are talking about it. It drives me nuts. That's why I listen to other stations and now with Iheart radio and radio.com Iisten more to national shows or podcasts. It's sad.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Football, he blows. . Should stick to hoops.