JETS have a shot at Bosa?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

They said the Jets have needs at pass rusher, offensive line, and offensive play maker and those aren’t the strength of the draft. Huh? I know there’s no big time play maker on offense but there are plenty of edge rushers and offensive tackles to choose from. Perhaps there’s no Odell Beckham coming out but I’d rather they focus at the most important positions anyway. It seems like we have our choice of guys at pick 3-5

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

OBJ was not thought of as a superstar type guy coming out as well. He was the third receiver off the board that year and many were surprised when the Giants traded up for him. Everyone thought that Sammy Watkins was going to have that type of impact, not him.

We really need to move down and recover assets unless somehow Bosa falls to us. Outside of him dropping to the mid first and gaining a bunch of picks will be better for us moving forward.

FJF likes this.
  3. Thought the same thing when i read that article & frankly i dont think offensive skill is a shallow class either.Brown,Harry,johnson & Fant are legit first round picks.

Jets Mo in these percieved “defense heavy” drafts is to have a highly coveted defensive player fall to them who they select w this idea that theyre smarter than everyone else when in reality the teams in front of them “reached” on offensive talent given that its a scoring league. Course we all know how the story ends.. w a new a chapter all the same the following draft.

I hope people snap out of this trance..i know edge is a major need..but for the love of GOD can we address this offense on draft day

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

someone really has to send him a warren sapp/tunsil style trial bong.

5. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

I really like bosa. And think we should take him if he’s there when we pick. But the more I watch josh allen the more I like. Might even take him over bosa. If both are gone go with best OT or best wr on there board. All 3 are most need. Grab best available from them

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I can't say I put any stock in anything McShay or Kiper said but I have been reading the same thing on other sites that is a very bad year for drafting an OT.

Hopefully, we can trade down with a QB needy team and stockpile some picks to invest in our OL. We have had really bad luck the last 5 years in having poor OL drafts.

The one guy that seems to be on the rise is jawaan Taylor from Florida while Williams and little seem to be getting some negative press.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree. Taking Allen or Bosa would be a luxury pick. The Jets can get an edge rusher or two in FA, but not a LT. Our OL is in desperate need of upgrading and we need a serious upgrade at LT. IMO Allen or Bosa shouldn't even be a consideration unless Greg Little and Jonah Williams self destruct before the draft.

8. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Well I disagree with you. IMO the LTs in this draft are not worth a top 10 pick. If we trade down then yes but if we got a top 3 pick the two edge rusher I said are worth it. And edge is one of are biggest needs even if we do get one in off season. Having a stud edge for cheap the next 4-5 years would be great since we have not have one in the longest time Abe was the last. And I think josh allen and bosa were better than Abe coming out. You can’t reach for a tackle just cause we need one badly. We need edge just as much. What happens if that tackle is not good inthe pros but you could of had a blue chip edge and be set for the next few years. The tackle has to be a can’t miss to grab at the top of draft

FJF likes this.
  9. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Allen or bosa being a luxury would imply that we have viable edge rushers. Not the case. While i agree that id rather go tackle in round 1 with edge rusher in FA, theres no guarantee we will sign anyone.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

It's fine that we may not agree, but we're not as far apart as I thought. I agree with you that if the Jets don't have one or more of the LTs rated in the top 10 that they shouldn't "reach" for one. I never said anything about reaching. In fact, when speaking about the draft, I have always spoken against "reaching" for a position/player. If the Jets are picking 3rd and they don't think that either Williams or Little are worth the #3 pick, then I hope that they will trade down. I think that would be the best of all worlds. I believe that Williams will be a top 10 pick. Little may or may not be. Depending upon which one they like best, they could trade down to a couple of spots above where they think he will get drafted and then take him there to insure they get him. For the trade down, they should get at least a 2nd round pick and probably more. Since it's a deep draft for edge rushers, they can take an edge rusher with the 2nd round pick to add to the one they signed in FA.

I agree that edge rusher is a HUGE need for the Jets. I've been screaming for the Jets to draft an edge rusher for 10 years or more. I also agree that having a stud edge rush on the cheap for the next 4-5 year would be great and that both Bosa and Allen are better prospects than Abe was. Abe was basically a one-trick pony. Bosa and Allen are not. If the Jets are unable to swing a trade down and have to draft at the #3 spot, then unless Williams or Little or rated that high, they'll need to take one of Bosa or Allen. I just believe that they should be able to trade down and then should do it. Some team will covet one of the QBs and look to trade up or maybe some team will covet one of the DTs. The Jets should be able to get an excellent LT prospect, add a 2nd round pick, and quite possibly another 3rd or 4th round pick, if not more.

CotcheryFan and Mr mittens like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I agree that there's no guarantee that we will sign an edge rusher in FA. IMO as much as I think we need a stud edge rusher, we need a stud LT more. It won't matter if we suddenly have a great pass rush if Sam is injured and unable to play or regresses further because he's running for his life on every pass play. IMO LT is a higher priority than edge rusher.

If the Jets sign Donovan Smith in FA or if neither Williams or Little are rated worthy of the #3 pick and the Jets are unable to swing a trade down, then everything changes. They would be free to draft Bosa or Allen. I just think that they should be able to trade down pretty easily as some team will covet one of the QBs or DTs and seek to move up.

Mr mittens likes this.
  12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Not after today's win.

13. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Are we picking 3rd or are we picking 10th? LMAO. What a sorry ass team.

14. jilozzo

well its a nice win but this likely gets us back to 6 or so. might have been up to #2 with a loss and a possible 49er win. oh well.

edit - raiders leading now.

unreal - same ole jets!! LOL

#15 jilozzo, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  15. jilozzo

someone please tell me if the jets had lost today they still wouldn't have the number 1 pick despite the 49ers and raiders wins.

oops forgot about cards.

#16 jilozzo, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Yesterday's win didn't hurt the Jet's draft stock too much, we should be 4th, maybe fifth (Atlanta is real close though, practically a tie with S.O.S.) Both bay area teams won, also Detroit won, which if they lost would be ahead of the Jets.

I guess the so called Jet fans that wanted their team to lose will be unhappy, cause if we lost we would have had the #2 pick as of this week. I will never root for the Jet's to lose!!!!!

#17 WW85, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    101GangGreen101 and Ozymandias like this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Coming into that draft, no one thought Odell would be Odell either.

There’s a playmaker out there.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

FWIW, it's still way too early to guess what the Jet's selection will be in April. We still have free agency and the draft stock of players will change in the next 4 months.

We need offensive playmakers/o line and this class is not a strong at the top, defense rules the top 10. I know trading down is the smart choice, to acquire more picks, and give us a shot at a WR/OT in the 10 to 15 range which makes more sense value wise. Trading out is tough, hard to find a partner willing to give you the proper compensation.

If we don't address pass rush in FA, and Jet's are drafting around the #5 range, I would love Josh Allen. He could have declared last year and would have been a top #15 pick. Allen helped his stock tremendously this year doing very well against some tough SEC O-lines. My favorite player in this class. That being said, we better address Offense heavily in FA.

People saying we shouldn't draft Bosa or Allen are too premature to state absolutes. We have to wait and see how FA unfolds.

If we trade into the 10 to early teens range, 2 Ole miss players would be good choices; AJ Brown, WR & Greg Little, OT.

#19 WW85, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Noam likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Can't forget about Jachai Polite. I was really high on AJ Brown, but I've cooled down on him a little bit. Metclaf, might have more potential at the next level as long as the neck clears out.