Johnson Brothers are Alienating the Fanbase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 2, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

To this day I am giddy that I did not purchase a cock a mammy PSL ! After decades of going to games I walked away from my season tickets which at the time were a way of life , with zero regrets and I never ever looked back. I am really starting to buy into ---> as long as the Johnsons own this team the organization will be a train wreck as these guys understand less then nothing about running a football franchise and they don't even have a clue as to what to do right here and now. IF IF IF they grew the stones to fire Bowels they don't have an inkling as to what to do next. I mean who would they consult to help make an actual football related decision ? If you think Mike Mac will help them thats comical as that assclown should be gone as well, what an embarrassment ! Just sell the team.

#21 CBG, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    sec314 likes this.
  2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

It's almost like 2 guys who inherited everything they have don't know shit about how to put together a quality organization.

3. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

They're both probably going to be fired in like a month.

The current front office is best for the tank, which I am now fully embracing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

This team is a mutual fund for the Johnsons. As long as it increases in value year to year life it good. Everybody is guaranteed money so results and attendance is secondary. Hope Woody moves this mess to the UK. That would be the best thing that could happen to us. Put the fans out of their misery.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Yet people still pay to go to Jets games, watch them on TV, and buy Jets gear making the Johnsons richer. So why would they care about winning if they are still making insane money?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Dark Knight and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

exactly - don't change a thing until january. LOL

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ive banged this drum for months..the Johnsons are just fooling all of us

I am so done with this Team and aggravation it brings

I am giving everything Jets to the Good Will

Dont go to Games and dont buy stuff

CBG likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They have definitely alienated me. The Jets have always been my favorite thing to watch and now I barely have any interest at all. I am such a diehard fan I still watch every game, but yesterday was tough. I did not care at all, put the game on, they go up 16-0 just to mess with me and give me a little interest again, and then screw me over like always. It is a brutal product. Then do nothing about it afterwards. This off-season will be big. If they mess it up, I think they will lose many fans for good.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I've said it so many times in so many threads in much the same way that I'm starting to sound like a Myna bird. I'll just copy and paste this time. Post 1187:

#FireBowles

I hope there is another major en masse defection after the conclusion of this most delightful 2018 season whether or not Bowles is pink-slipped (which I think he will be). Dump those PSLs! Buy them back for half the cost (or more) on the secondary market! Dump those season tix, go game by game! You can do it! I believe in you! I just want to add (there's that Myna bird thing again) that giving up my tickets was 100% Jets FO, 0% product. These idiots had - and have - no clue how to treat their long time customers and now they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Good luck, Jets, trying to get new customers - or old ones - to buy or re-buy in in any capacity directly through the Jets 'cause guess what? It ain't happening (rubs hands together with glee). I was COMPLETELY alienated since before The New Dump even broke ground, but it took me 9 years of slights to finally tell them to fck off. And now they care. OK. They're still begging me with "offers".

I just want to be clear that it's not as if I don't care about winning or at least putting a string of enjoyable seasons/runs together. Of course I do! Why the hell would I even be a fan? It was just the lies, manipulation, and the mistreatment year after year that finally pushed me to the point of no return. I'll be forever loyal to the team and the laundry, but the FO? Woody? Kiss my royal ass. They blew it. I'd much rather watch the Jets from the comfort of the ass grooves I've created on my couch cushions and attend games if and when I feel like it. It's just not worth the expense to be a STH any longer when juxtaposed to being treated like a second class citizen. In this politically correct society, isn't the Jets FO somehow prejudiced against me (dialing ambulance chasing frivolous lawsuit attorney)? Anyway, I highly suggest the Jets Experience forum. Lots of fun vitriol. All of it well-founded. Most of it by me. : ) I took so many shits on Woody Johnson in those threads that I can't wipe anymore due to painful rectal itch.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You can say what you want about Leon Hess but at least he had the confidence to make football decisions like hiring a GM or head coach instead of farming the decision out to a group of outsiders.

If you can't even make football hiring decisions for yourself everyone concerned would be better off if you sold the team and took your billion dollar gain.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I cannot remember the last time I bought any Jet Gear----just last week I gave some nice stuff to good will including Mo Will jersey,,,,so some kid in a 3 rd world country will have clothes but sadly it could be Jet gear

12. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

who really is to say, with this structure, that TB is not calling a lot of the personnel shots? Whoever has Chris J's ear is probably getting the players they want.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Some people enjoy winning for its own sake.

14. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I don't think the Johnsons don't care. The problem is they are not Football people. Football isn't the family business health and beauty is. What they need is a team president that is a football person to run the organization from top to bottom.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Football is a GAME.

This ain't rocket science people.

Woody simply has to use logic and common sense when making decisions.

James Hasty likes this.
  16. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I really feel the OP's sentiment. I've watched increasingly less and less Jets over the past four years and more Red Zone. I also read less and less Jets news. Haven't bought season tickets since 2011, gone to a game the past two seasons, and bought much less merch. But, as others have pointed out, the Johnson's get paid anyways through the revenue sharing and what not. (Players get paid, too.)

The Jets have settled into a stable pattern of taking a huge shit on Sundays. Only fans feel the impact.

But all that said, there's no telling what will be the move that shakes things up. Sometimes it's something that you think will be a nothing burger or hiring a placeholder, like this one:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4816494

TL;DR: Things could turn around quickly, but, yeah, it's shitty and there's no reason for anyone with power to really change things.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There's always gonna be a cash flow from Metlife to the pockets of the Johsons so they really don't have to give a shit about the fans, what they think, buy or even if they'll show up on any given Sunday. Today, there's are many options competing for fan dollars and so many ways to get discount tickets that its not the product on the field that is the selling point or really the focus anymore. Its just like how the Cubs were back in the day. Wrigley sold out, the Cubbies made tons of cash, but didn't win a damn thing until very recently. How did they pull this off? They made Wrigley Field and simply being there the focus. Great place to meet hot dames, tons of bars just outside the ballpark. Easy in/out. Now we know MetLife doesn't have those side attractions but with the product on the field being what it is, the only reason to go to a game is to be able to say I was at Metlife. You don't even have to be a fan, just a customer who bought a ticket to see a football game on a Sunday afternoon. There's no pressure to win. Recently there's not even an expectation to win as Jet fans are happy with them being competitive.

The point? The Johnsons really don't give a shit if they alienate the fanbase or not. PSLs, swag sales and a cut of the NFL pie keeps the cash coming in. Make no mistake, the Johnsons wouldn't be in this business if they weren't making money hand over fist. They will milk this cash cow indefinetly.

It is what it is... They don't care because frankly, they don't have to....

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Make them need the money.

Boycott Q-Tips!

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I see your Jet Fandom has finally driven you over the edge...

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I keep wanting to read that headline as the Johnson brothers are aliens, it would explain a lot as well :)

ColoradoContrails likes this.