Bowles certainly gone after the season - La Canfora

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Beki, Dec 2, 2018.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I hope he gets fired today they cant keep doing this shit every week

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This is just the Johnson bros force feeding this garbage on the Fanbase ..

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Bowles knows he's gone now, I'm not sure why we need to keep things in-house until Black Monday. Even if we won out, he can't retain his job, so why not re-arrange things?

Promote Bates to DC, he's good at keeping the score down.

TonyFtLaud and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Again: NO ONE IS CLAIMING THAT MAHOMES WOULD DO AS WELL ON THE JETS AS HE IS NOW! But he sure as shit would do at least as well and probably better than Sam. Darnold is a nice consolation prize but Macc screwed up passing on Mahomes.

legler82 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

I don't miss those days at all, because the way the NFL is now, there is no such thing. It's all about offense and all of our attention should be on OL, WR, Leveon Bell - defense is good enough as is with a good offense. Try and sign a pass rusher to create turnovers with our cash, but other than role players, our focus needs to be on O.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is your aunt forcing you to use it?

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Ouch.

8. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Kind of veering off topic, but I think Mac would have faced way more heat from the fanbase if he has taken Mahomes then. Personally, I know I would've been more critical of him as Mahomes was thought of by many as a Project QB. Just my opinion though

#68 JohnnyP123456, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Longsuffering88 and LAJet like this.
  9. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Mac picked Hackenberg in the second round. He then doubled down on that pick the next year by not picking Mahomes or Watson. He has been beyond terrible. He must go

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Firing Bowles isn't enough though. It's fixing half the problem while the other half (Macc) gets the trust to not only hire a coach but to spend 100 mil in cap and also draft possibly top 3?

I'm sorry but judging by his tenure here, he too needs to be axed. Nice guy and all but it's time the jets turn the page

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You let it go, and quit making stupid, unfactual comments. Until you do, I'm gonna nail you every single time with your inaccurate, stupid comments about it.

It wasn't hindsight. I was one of those who wanted Mahomes prior to the draft. I believed that he was a true FQB prospect and would be a great QB.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I'm done with you. You're obviously too dense to understand anything or just don't want to see or admit it because it doesn't fit your agenda. Have a nice life.

13. NY2k1

NY2k1 New Member

I get what you mean, but it's all moot. He'd be nowhere near the same QB as he is in KC.

Darnold would also be looking at least 100 times better there as well. For starters, he likely would have sat for a year (or at least half) as Mahomes did.

Darnold is the real deal from what I've seen, but this situation is simply a pure disaster on multiple levels.

14. NCJetsfan

It's only moot regarding whether Darnold develops and Mahomes maintains his level of play. The three 2nd round picks given up for Darnold are facts, and their loss will hurt this team for the next 5-10 years. Darnold could still develop into a true FQB, but the players lost with those 3-2nd round picks could keep him from ever getting to or winning a SB.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

Alternatively Adams ends up being more valuable than the 3 second rounders. The bigger issue here is how Darnold turns out.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

In Bowles defense, he's been forced to start his rookie coaching career running out QBs named Ryan Fitzpatrick (2 years), Geno fucking Smith, 39 yr old Journeyman Josh McCown, and now 21 yr old Rookie Sam Darnold, all with a less-than-talented O-Line (I'm being kind here). Not sure what anyone expects. Name one team with a QB similar to the above with a shity ass O-Line that's done well over the last 4 years.

I'm waiting.

As far as MacCagnan's drafts, not having a FQB fucks everything up. GM's HAVE to land a QB one way or another. That's their job. Searching for our next FQB meant wasted $'s on Fitzpatrick. Wasted $'s on McCown. Wasted picks on Hackenburg. Wasted picks on Bryce Petty. It's hard for a GM to focus his resources elsewhere until he has his FQB under lock and key. Now that we have Sam Darnold, our 'supposedly' FQB, the Draft and Free Agency can be all about team building, with zero wasted late night meetings or $'s or trades or draft picks searching for our next FQB.

It won't happen, but Bowles should be given 2 more years coaching a 'real' team with a real QB.

MacCagnan should be given 2 more drafts to see if he can build out a real team, starting with the O-Line and WRs.

17. HomeoftheJets

Or we could go out and get a coach and GM who will most likely be better than Bowles and Mac.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

With no disrespect to anyone, all this shoulda, coulda woulda is not doing us any good. No question Mahomes to the Jets would have been ideal. Particularly in light of his potential, protecting our precious draft picks, and using them to put muscle around Mahomes.
    But in fairness under Bowles we would not have excelled nearly as much as we would have hoped. Turkey should have been long gone.
    The real issue for me is where do we go from here and who the hell is going to turn this piece of shit team around.
    Sam is good enough but we need some no kidding talent at the top.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Fully convinced management believes Bowles is the best man to lead them to the 1-3 pick, hence the no-firing yet. It should have happened weeks ago.

20. NCJetsfan

It's certainly possible the way Mac drafts players in the 2nd-4th rounds. In this past draft alone, with two of those 2nd round picks, Mac could have taken James Daniels or Courtland Sutton and one of Kerryon Johnson, Mike Gesicki, Harold Landry, Connor Williams, or Donte Jackson, and had their 2nd round pick in 2019. Of course, if Mac drafts like he normally has, the picks probably would have been two busts.

#80 NCJetsfan, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.