Bouncing Bowles harder than it appears..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Good article from Cimini on this..

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...aces-big-and-tricky-decisions-in-coming-weeks.

Not gonna cut and paste so its a click away if you want to read it. Cimini makes some excellent points regarding the Org Chart and how it too will be affected this offseason. I still think both Macc and Bowles need to go but if they keep Macc, that sets up another complicated scenario for the Johnsons.

2020 here we come...

PJ4Ever and boozer32 like this.
  2. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Good article. I hope Chris Johnson revises the power structure and lets the GM run the show. Whoever it is. That would be a step in the right direction.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you want a high profile Head coach he will want a big say in picking the groceries. If you hire the next great Head Coach who nobody knows he will eventually want to pick the groceries.

Good thing we aren't picking either one. Mac is probably safe.

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The only thing that we know for absolute certain is that the Johnsons are going to completely screw this up.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

“Hit the pace car,”... “Why?” “You have already hit everything else out there!”

Mac needs to go as well, unless he told the Johnson’s that he drafted what Bowles told him he needed to field a team based on a defense first philosophy.

Remember both of these guys report to ownership independently of each other, they don’t have to meet with ownership together. They can say whatever they want in their meetings and I’m sure neither one is going to fall on sword for the other.

I believe Mac will be allowed input into who the next HC will be.

#5 Red Menace, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This team is a shit show... no top candidate is going to want to come here under the circumstances this team operates.

CBG and Jets1035 like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This we know. Tell us something we don't. :confused: Sonny Werblin has a better chance of doing this right - and he's dead.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This is yet another reason I didn't want to see Sam on the field until around now, if at all. He was the only carrot the Jets had to dangle, and good enough reason for someone decent to be coaxed here. If/when the Jets fire Todd Bowles and they retain Maccagnan, they're making it all that much harder to get a decent HC who may shy away re: the thought of feeling overruled at every turn i.e. staff by ownership.

Edited for clarification: The Johnsons need to stay the F out of it once Bowles is gone.

#8 jetophile, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'll go with scenario #2 Maccagnan stays and hired the next coach. Priority #1 is removing Bowels as fast as possible. The season ends December 30th at 5 PM. Bowles firing announcement should be before they leave the locker room.

LAJet likes this.
  10. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

its not about winning with this franchise. Its about keeping the value up like a mutual fund. Its worth over twice what Woody paid for it. Unlike other teams, this team just has to exist to make money because of the location. Selling tickets is just extra money for the league. be prepared for another green coordinator or the third or fourth pick coach that nobody wants.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Dump Mac immediately. This roster is deplete of talent because of him and only him.

PJ4Ever, CBG, 94Abraham and 1 other person like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What a Sh^tshow within the Dumpster Fire?

Not exactly the News I want to hear...but does it matter? Nothing comes easy for this circus called the Jets...the article is correct but dismal...poor Joe Namath looks like he aged another 20 years just talking to Macagnan lmao

The Johnson won't use anymore dynamite on this team to save their ugly faces that they screwed up once again

Keep Mac and fire Bowles ?? Todd is gone thank god but having MM stay is just lesser of two evils..Macagnan gets to continue on his rookie GM assignment experiment with hits and misses..even the article said that other than getting SD he contributed to the poor talent on the field. We need a REAL GM with lots of experience not this guy!

We will just dig ourselves a deeper hole putting Macnitwit in charge...the Owners are deluded and embarrassed at their own ineptitude. Mac can't pick his nose..is he going to get a brilliant HC in here??? OMG

Result? Fans continue to suffer with this bad product

boozer32, CBG and JetsNation06 like this.
  13. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

How to fix the Jets......

- Hire a President of Football Operations. That's the first move period. The search should be happening NOW. Ideally you want to be able to announce the hiring the last week of the season or soon therafter. This is the only move the Johnson's should be involved in because well......there is nobody else that can hire this position except the owner. This is obviously insanely scary......

- Let the PFO interview Mac along with any other candidate THEY want to hire and let the best man win. If the PFO thinks it's Mac, then you keep him and extend him (which I would hate but I am not the PFO.) If not, you dump him and hire a GM

- TOGETHER the PFO and GM hire there new HC.

- Keep the Johnsons as far away from steps 2 and 3 as possible. Their only role should be to hire the president of football operations, sign the check and take the pictures at the press conference.

The only problem with this entire process (which is the biggest problem with this entire plan) is does ANYONE have the faith that the Johnsons will hire the right PFO?

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

firing bowles is an easy decision. cimini is right about what to do with mac. I said as much a coupe of weeks back. its either extend him or firing him and both actions have their merits. my money is on mac coming back. he sold them on a plan and I think they will let him carry it out.

TonyFtLaud and NYJFOREVER like this.
  15. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

The depressing script has already been written. The Johnsons fire Bowles but keep Mac. Mac hires a rookie (former assistant) for the HC of the NYJ’s like Jim Bob or Teryl Austin.

He also spends a shit ton of money on Bell and a few other over priced players.

They win 7 games next year, and everyone gets excited for 2020. But then they get off to a 1-4 start, and we start the fire Cooter threads.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is the ONLY approach that makes sense...so we're guaranteed the Johnsons won't do it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah I think its time to revisit the power structure. Assuming Mac stays (though I am no longer a fan), give him the power to hire his own head coach. Clearly having this owner, GM, and coach shared decision making isn't working.

However, if it means bringing in a high profile HC here, I would be willing to give him all the power and have a major say in picking a new GM.

Basically, I don't think the Jets power structure is working at all and I would be willing to try anything else.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Based on his less than stellar choices of draft picks and FA's, why on earth do we expect him to make the right call on hiring a HC? About the only thing he gets 'right' is when a player falls to him. That ain't happening on the coaching carousal. I don't have even the slightest hope he gets this right. None. Nada. Zilch...

NCJetsfan likes this.