Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Smart. I am still miserable on the roads

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The old man left his job at 4:00 from Stamford, CT. It's a mess. 95 was a disaster. A couple of wipe-outs and it's bumper to bumper. He might be home by 9:30 if he's lucky. I'm in Orange Co., NY and we've already piled up about 5" and it started snowing around 3:30 p.m. I made sure to get the bread and milk.

It's a really heavy wet snow, not the kind I like. I won't get that quiet soundproof thing that you get with powder, and being out alone in it, the cottony stillness, it's one of my favorite things. Anyway, probably no snowshoeing for me tomorrow because it's going to be a slushy mess but I'd probably get shot in the back, anyway (hunting season - have to be careful where you go). We're looking at 6"-10". Be safe everyone.

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Northshore LI got crushed. Took me 2 hours to get home this afternoon from mid nassau to queens. It was extra worse because none of the roads were plowed or treated with salt.

4. jetophile

Not for anything, but you assholes are posting while driving during a treacherous snow storm and should probably all be arrested, haha.

5. jetophile

Worse day on the LIE ever.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

what a day ,,,oh my-----call the wife at work tell her " its about to start and its gonna get bad quickly come home" of course she stays a while more and guess what happened next ? A four and half hour commute getting stuck countless times spinning her wheels, one tow truck fee later and then actually stuck again that I had to get a friend of ours with a vehicle ------> and we went and saved her and left the car where it was -----I will deal with that tomorrow !!!!! in other news some storm !!!

7. Brook!

5 hours of suffering. I decided to ban CBG for 6 months as a punishment for his snow whispering? Any objections? Lol

CBG likes this.
  8. Brook!

Man. Sorry to hear this C. I also suffered 5 hours on my way back to work. I hope you won’t find my ban joke distasteful:(

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook of corse not . Ps it not fit for man nor goat outside !

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

My son and daughter-in-law live in Tarrytown, and she works in White Plains, typically a drive of less than 15 minutes. It took her 4 1/2 hours to get home tonight.

11. jetophile

The old man probably won't be home until freaking 11:30 at this point. He's TRYING to get on the Taconic. This is crazy. He usually takes the Goat Trail (Brook! would love that) near the Bear Mtn. Bridge. Torrential sleet and rain now. Good luck, Maria.

12. jetophile

I believe you implicitly.

13. jetophile

Update: Cars abandoned on the the Taconic. Things are closed off. The old man is trying to get to 202.

14. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

To be fair, I was posting while sitting at a complete standstill for 20+ minutes lol.

Brook! likes this.
  15. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Man, I’m starting to feel like I got off lucky compared to some of you. Took me about 3 hours to get home what normally takes me about 30 min.

Brook! likes this.
  16. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

Seems everyone on here knew this storm would be bad. I wish the NYC & NJ Gov’t talking heads read it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay and others = I cannot remember a snow storm having this big an impact on travel and peoples lives. I mean everyone I know regardless of where they were headed or the distance or the borough or town had a NIGHTMARE commute .This caught so many people off guard and I am still wondering why roads were NOT treated and salt spreaders were NOT out and where the hell were the plows ? This was only the first one of the year and now it will be like the boy who cried wolf the rest of this winter will be unreal with all the hype for even when snow flurries are in the forecast.

regan62072, FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  18. jetophile

The old man left work at 4:00 p.m., walked in the door at 1:15 a.m. Unbelievable. Everything was shut down. Around 10:30 last night it started raining and sleeting then went back to wintry mix then back to snow again then back to sleet. What a shitshow. He was almost going to try to find a hotel but he wasn't along anywhere where there were any. Finally made it over the Bear Mountain Bridge and then drove it a crawl. When I get up later and turn the news I'm curious to know how many fatalities they were because there had to be some unfortunately.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

NY & NJ should be ashamed of themselves for yesterday. What a disaster.

CBG likes this.
  20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Here is how my hell ride went yesterday. I work in Ramsey NJ and live in Fair Lawn NJ. A normal day my commute is 30 minutes. Yesterday the office closed at 3:45. The Packers and Seahawks were already playing and I still wasn't home. Got home at 8:30.

CBG likes this.