Sam Darnold (Main Darnold thread)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 30, 2018.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Sam had plenty of plays all game where he had plenty of time and instead couldn't find anyone/throw it to a Dolphin.

jco2007 and legler82 like this.
  2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Our receivers are not exactly open either. And we've had a scary amount of drops this year

Not absolving Sam of some blame but he has not looked Sanchez bad

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’m not saying he never had a clean pocket. Also not saying he didn’t play poorly. When your snaps are all over the place and you feel pressure more often then not, mistakes will happen. Impossible for the kid to get into any kind of rythem.

The Jets whole offense blows. I think the line should be the priority this offseason.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yes fix up the line first.

Our WRs are not that bad imo, the Oline needs to be priority #1.

5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah even Kearse yesterday who is usually the one guy you can count on even when everything else is melting down made 3 or 4 complete clunkers. There'll be better days ahead. Given hindsight it sure would have been nice to retain one of our 2nd round picks and get Courtland Sutton. Let him and Sam grow up together Irving/Aikman style. Maybe we'll find a guy like that this offseason although I think priority #1 is trying to build a ++ offensive line. Maybe we'll eff it up but I want to at least see us try.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

This is true but that doesn't mean he won't be ruined the same way Sanchez was by Shitinheimer. IMO at this point the Jets are doing some long term damage to Sam

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

His best game was the Indy game and they ran slants in the middle of the field. For some reason they have stopped running those. they have 2 pass plays now. "Run straight" and screen.

its also obvious that he plays better up tempo. And yet they have him out there in this plodding offense.

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

And for God's sake can you just have him fucking throw it down field once in a while

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bates is a hack, he is worse then Tony Sparano.

10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

For my 2 cents , this is exactly why as I stated at the beginning of the season that Darnold should have sit it out a bit to see how the offensive line develops and to watch a how veteran copes with the players in front of him. If Darnold had a competent group in front I'm sure he would not be as trigger happy to unload the ball.

You can see in his playing that he's developed an edginess out there and the propensity to try to do it all in one play. Down here in Tampa , Jamis Winston has now been benched because of the exact same issue.

It was up to the CS to ensure that Darnold didn't develop bad habits, with the main cause being the poor OL play, but it's beginning to look like the dyke is breaking loose.

11. Hawk-o

Hawk-o Active Member

He looks like a bust under this regime...time to clean house before the kid is ruined for good!!

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If I gotta read on Twitter one more time how "we goofed by not taking Mahomes" I am going to lose my shit. There is NO saying he would have success here just because he is having success in KC.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No one - at least no one with any intelligence - is saying that Mahomes would be doing here what he's doing in KC. But what I and others have said is that he would be doing at least as well and likely better than Darnold, AND we would have the 3 2nd rounders, PLUS could've used the 1st that was used on Sam for an edge rusher or OL (and maybe even have traded down to get even more quality picks/players). Yes, it's all "water under the bridge" and can't be undone, but it does illustrate that maybe Macc shouldn't be the one "buying the groceries" any more.

EDIT:

BTW: I love Darnold and think he's going to be great IF he isn't ruined by Bowles & Co and doesn't get hurt.

legler82 likes this.
  14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Maccagnan = Bradway 2.0
    Bowles = Jeff Fisher 2.0

Let's start there.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Don't insult Fisher, he was a very good coach until he became a dinosaur.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I dunno. Shoe Booty still looks fat to me.

[​IMG]

dmarz45 likes this.
  18. Pepsiguy5

Orlovsky gives a lot of nice detailed football technical talk to cover the real reason this was his favorite play. That of course being Robby taking out the cop on the sideline.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Robbie stopped to help that cop up like he was worried he would get arrested.

20. Pepsiguy5

Funny you mention that. I actually noticed that in the clip here but I had missed it live. I guess I was too excited about Sam's awesome throw combined with the irony of Robby smoking the poor cop.

FJF likes this.