The Official NFL Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I agree with @NCJetsfan

Some people don't want to hear it but the loss to the Bears was because they got their asses kicked in the trenches; both sides. It wasn't about a time out or a penalty.

They need a stud on each side of the line of scrimmage up front....for starters.

I think they'll both be here for another year. But that's it if they don't get that fixed, for starters, and Mac's margin for error is getting slim.

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We don't need cake, the entire team looks fat

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I know that you just want Sam to succeed. So do I. Do you think he will succeed if the Jets don't fix the OL? I don't. Whereas I think he can succeed with a mediocre WR corps, I don't think he can succeed with a mediocre OL. Perhaps I'm just obsessed with the OL and protecting Sam, but I'm willing to even forego adding an edge rusher if that's what it takes to fix the OL, and I've been screaming for an edge rusher since Jon Abraham left.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The more I think about it the more I think Mac should have traded for Tate. A 3rd pick to give sam a reliable target is nothing. Bad move sitting in your hands on this one Mac

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Third rounder for a 30 yo on a big money contract is not what this team really needs. We need depth at all levels for sure, but the rebuild (if this staff is capable of one) has a lot more ammo if we save our day two picks and used the big money contracts in FA, not trades. I don't thaink any more to add a vet at the deadline was the right move for us. I'm more supprosed we did not try and sell off some parts.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m of the mindset that the only thing this team needs is Sam to be able to run a functioning offense. If takes a 3rd to get Tate to allow that to happen that is putting the pick towards the future of this team. The cap space doesn’t matter, mac is not going to be able to spend it all. The promise of what is going to be available in free agency is never as good as what really becomes available. We will end up spending a lot on a few 30 year old vets on short deals anyway.

HomeoftheJets and dawinner127 like this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

It would take at least a couple of weeks for Tate and Darnold to get any kind of chemistry, Q and Anderson will be back by then so Tate would really be a 6- 7 game rental. Better to use the pick for a long term addition

NCJetsfan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we could always try to sign him in the offseason too :)

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  9. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Why would you spend a 3rd on a rental?

It was stupid for Philly to do it as well, IMO. The likelihood of them repeating, while better with Tate, is still slim. And this probably being his last NFL contract, I'm guessing he's going to follow the money; not end up in Philly.

Great deal for the Lions, though.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IDK there is no reason to think philly doens't have a chance to win the SB. us on the other hand yeah it sucks for no as a fan, but makes more sense for the jets in the long run

11. TonyFtLaud

Really wasn't a bad signing by the Eagles.
    Their window to win is now, roughly $15 million over the cap next season, after restructuring players all ready this season.
    They won't likely be players in Free agency so if they don't resign Tate, they get the 3rd round pick back as a compensatory pick.