Is Sam currently better than McCown and should we sit him until the bye?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

101GangGreen101 and K'OB like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Ya, except I've posted 6 times since likes were added to the site. Thanks for making it personal. You would have fit in great around here in 2008.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea, it always amuses me when people pull out the ‘like’ thing. 3000 of my posts came before the button, but who really gives a shit?

ouchy likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Not sure if trolling or not....

Sam has almost equaled last years win total as a rookie not a 15 year vet. IF this question is serious than you really need to take a step back and try to see the big picture on things.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We should be hoping for a team that's getting better, a rookie QB getting a season under his belt, and a top 10 draft pic for a pass rusher or a LT.

ouchy likes this.
  6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

You don't start a rookie QB, sit him, and then put him back in. That would likely ruin his psyche.

Sam is going to make a ton of mistakes this year, but I rather him play the entire season, learn from his mistakes and then get a full offseason under his belt to mentally and physically prepare for next season.

This season was a training season - it really starts to matter in 2019.

TonyFtLaud, NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Geezus...............................................................................

8. Murrell2878

Just because you have an internet connection and something utterly stupid rattling around in that tiny brain of yours doesn't mean you need to subject the rest of us to your nonsense. If you seriously think Sam Darnold should not continue to start for the Jets maybe it would be best for all if you just stop watching the Jets because you clearly do not know what the hell your watching

FJF likes this.
  9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Has a franchise QB ever started the season his rookie year, been pulled, and then reinstated?

Genuine question, maybe its happened.

Either way, I see zero tangible advantage or reason to do this.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I had an opinion. You don’t agree with it and that’s fine. Perhaps its not a popular opinion. I can understand that also. I love the Jets but I am very objective when I evaluate them. Am I a darksider – nah. I try to be a realist. Which means my green goggles are not very tinted.

However, I don’t appreciate personal insults. Just because we see things differently doesn’t mean we aren’t all for the same team, and supposed to be on the same side. You’re a moderator. You don’t like this thread or think it is unworthy than simply delete it. Keep the personal insults out of it. Or ban me and you can go back to all sharing one opinion.

11. Murrell2878

It's not about sharing one opinion. It's about keeping nonsense off of here. I haven't been here much the last few years because of shit like this. Darnold had a bad game where the Jets needed to pull two players off of special teams and one from the practice squad just to fill out the depth chart. Did he need to be benched the previous two weeks? Do you apply knee jerk reactions to things you do in your personal life? Do you want to separate from your wife / girlfriend because you guys got into a fight? Quit your job because you had a bad day at the office?

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Understand this before chirping at people - nothing I posted was personal. It was directly in response to an inane post that you made after dropping down out of the sky after your account being comatose for years and instead of participating in your choice of Darnold topics ongoing here decided to make the big splash with a brand new one. Perhaps you're one of those you decry from the past.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All I can say about this thread: OUCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

For the love of all things holy. Do some people forget the great McCown is 23-50 in his career, including 5-8 last year? I swear people will romanticize anything if enough time passes by.

“Remember that time we stormed the beach at Normandy? That was awesome!”

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think they did this to Elway.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Look, there's a very good chance that the Jets would have the same, or even worse, record with McCown. And even if they were at 4-3 now, given their overall talent, and McCown's historical performance record, they would be well south of .500 by the end. Todd Bowles knew this when he chose Sam to be his QB, and he made that choice because Sam is his "Get out of firing free card". If they go 5-11 again with Darnold as the QB, there is a decent chance he keeps his job. But if he goes 5-11 or even 7-9 and McCown is the QB it's Sayonara Todd.

17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Jeez, did you really think this needed to be posted?

Sit Sam? Do you think this makes sense, you think developing a QB is about maximaizing wins?

Go away with this nonsense.

18. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

They did, but he was horrible and then benched

Darnold isnt horrible

19. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Lmao. Really? Bringing likes into the argument? It’s you people that give us millennials a bad name.

And not that it even matters, he’s been around way before the “like system” anyway.

FJF likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

At this point, the only logical reason for benching Sam would be if he was injured or started struggling badly and showing signs of regression; otherwise, there is no justifiable reason for benching Sam, especially in order to start McCown. If the Jets were going to start McCown at any point this season, it should have been for the first 3-5 games and then bring in Sam. They chose not to do that. Benching Sam now would be like the Jets were punishing him for poor play, would not help his development/confidence, and in fact, might undermine it.

You need to let that idea go. It's a bad one.

HomeoftheJets likes this.