#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

He needs to be fired. There’s no more room for debate on this. I only hope it’s not too late for Darnold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We won the Turnover battle 3-0 and STILL ate the big one!

jetsclaps and CBG like this.
  3. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Marrone running it up on the dog-ass Todd Bowles Jets was a nice touch to end today's game.

Royal Tee, legler82 and SOJAZ like this.
  4. Petey

Petey Active Member

Toilet Bowles might be a nice man but he's just a loser. When Jeff Fisher thinks your decision to punt is questionable and too conservative, you're a fucking loser.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Why even let him board?

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

nice guy, terrible coach

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

11 days and 12 pts. What an incompetent individual. I plan to call the jets tomorrow and demand to talk to CW.... This guy has to go

8. ColoradoContrails

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

10. Yes..theres something screwy w the link.It was originally posted on twitter

Red Menace likes this.
  11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

How many times are we going to run play action roll out throw to the flat or short cross? its obvious and teams know it

how many times do teams need to run a shallow cross on us before we realize it

bowles is awful

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Even apart from the nitty-gritty stuff in terms of gameplanning this guy may actually be the worst coach at game management. Going for a FG down 22 with thirteen minutes remaining was just laughable. Yeah okay you're gonna get two TD's, two two-point conversions AND a FG in thirteen minutes against Jacksonville...go for the damn first down! Then another late-game punt down two scores fits right back into gutless Bowles mentality and just the mere fact we're talking about 'another' punt with five minutes left only two scores down is unfathomable.

Axel574, CBG, Kris 15 and 2 others like this.
  13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I've been done with Todd Bowles. Today was just more of the same. I know the Jets lack talent, but they also clearly lack coaching. When the Jets finally get talent, I don't want the poor coaching to hold the team back. And it will.

14. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I'd like to see how many teams have ever gone +3 and most by 3 possessions.

My guess would be we're the first.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

16. ColoradoContrails

In his 4th season, after having preseason and 3 games to put together a plan, this is what Bowles had to say about today:

"I thought we shot ourselves in the foot too much in the first half. We've got to go back to the drawing board at every phase -- offense, defense, special teams."

First, "We shot ourselves in the foot too much". Who's "we"? Because I don't get the sense that he's including himself in that pronoun, but he damn sure should! Who was it that kicked a FG down 3 scores? Who was it that punted under five minutes down three scores? Who was it that allowed his OC to call numerous 3rd/4th downs with an empty backfield? Who was it that allowed his OC to call two long passes on 4th and 1 at the 50 instead of making sure they got the 1st down? Who was it that didn't wake up his DC and point out that the Jags were killing them on short crossing routes? Who was it that failed to make sure his defense actually knows how to tackle? Yeah "we" shot ourselves in the foot! Scapegoating bastard!

Second, after all this time as the HC, he now realizes that ALL THREE PHASES of the team need to be reworked from the bottom up? OMG!!!!!

Get this clown and his worthless CS out of here!

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

But you know it's not his job to call the plays; not on offense, not on defense and not on special teams. It's not his job to teach professional football players skills like tackling. He is more or less simply a figurehead and should let each member of the team and staff operate as individuals, they all have jobs to do. Maybe next week Bowles should operate from the press box to allow his coaches and the players more room to be themselves.

phubbadaman likes this.
  18. If he doesnt have any gameday duties or responsibilities He might as well be hologram at this point.Even his pressers could be synced up to an all encompassing prerecording.Wish i was joking

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Embarrassing. Game 4 and he says he needs to burn it all down and start again. At least he got that right.

Seems like the right moment to fire him. He’s admitted that he’s in over his head.

ColoradoContrails and Ralebird like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.