Jets Reach Out for Le'Veon Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 24, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Did that really go down? Link? I realize it's just a rumor, but now I really don't want him.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This dude is not someone I want on this team , much less having him take up the largest portion of our cap space ... the guy wants to be a rapper for GOD sakes ... stay the f&$k away !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

stinkyB likes this.
  5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Does it sound like [I want Dez Bryant] in any way or shape or form?

6. JdotGriff

It was more of a stab at your comment that seemed to be jumping of the bandwagon of robby has fumble issues comment.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

Just in case - Jets don't need Bryant. They don't need Bell either.

fansince90 likes this.
  8. JdotGriff

100% agree

9. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

NO thank you.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need some o line help.Id love Bell but I think our RBs are a pretty solid group.

fansince90 likes this.
  11. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Bell is a talent...have you noticr how Saquan consistently breaks the first tackle or make him miss?
    That is what the next level rb's do and Bell is definitely on the next level.. But i truly believe team chemistry is more important than individual talent...and that's why the Jets should ultimately avoid him. He will disrupt the leadership and comradery of that locker room.

CBG likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I dont think there is EDIT HERE = not much leadership in the Jet locker room,,,,,,,,and I agree I do not want Bell = avoid this guy

#192 CBG, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Brook! likes this.
  13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

When an opportunity presents itself to trade for a talent like Le'Veon Bell you have to STRONGLY consider a trade...Even more so when your franchise quarterback is in year 1 of his rookie deal. Bell is the closest thing this league has seen since Marshall Faulk. Faulk is still better in my eyes, but it's a valid comparison. Bell is a running back and receiver rold into one. If we could flip the ass wiper and the Bridgewater 3rd rd pick for him it would be a another smooth move by Magic Mike Maccagnan. I say make the trade yesterday.

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Steelers are asking for a 2nd rounder & a "good player".

No thanks.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

We have neither so...

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well they just aren't going to get that from anybody for 6 games or so, then again that is maybe their plan and keep the poor under paid lamb on the sidelines for the rest of the season, on that score a player who is or was willing to miss an entire season for cash reasons is a huge know from me moving forward, I mean bless 16m is trailer park wages.

tbh it makes me sick to think that they can be like this, same with the overpaid prima donna soccer players.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Doesn't matter all we have is the 2nd round ...and we always fuk it up anyway! lmao

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't like Bell's attitude, the comment he allegedly made about not wanting to play for Jets, and the cost of getting him, both to the Steelers and then to pay him, would he even be in shape and usable this season, and finally, would he sign a new contract with us? That's enough big questions to make getting him a VERY risky proposition.

That said, unless the Jets plan on sitting Sam to save him from this OL and shitty play calling, he desperately needs someone to take the pressure off him and Bell would definitely do that. I don't know if that's enough for me to take the risk, but I wouldn't be surprised if Macc does. So, on that basis, has anyone else had second thoughts about getting Bell?

I would've make a new thread to include a poll on this, but it seems a waste since we already have this thread, but if the OP or a mod wants to amend this thread that would be cool.

Thoughts?

BTW: In the interest of saving Sam I vote for getting Bell if the price is right.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We can not give up any future assets to help save Mac and/or Bowles job. I would hope Chris Johnson would be smart enough to nix any trade if Mac desperately completed one.

It would be a different story if they could control his rights after this season but they cannot which means no trade. During the offseason I’d certainly make a run at him though.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

if he said he doesn't want to play for the Jets then fuck him. We need unity and team effort. God knows we are plenty disjointed at the leadership level.

NCJetsfan, Royal Tee and CotcheryFan like this.