Well Boys. What do we do from here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

watching them bumblefuck the season away while ruining what talent they do have is going to be agonizing

[​IMG]

cancel the season

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The coaching wasn't all bad-- we had a brilliant game plan for shutting down Tyrod Taylor.

Inexcusable not having a backup plan for shutting down a rookie QB making his first regular season appearance ever....playing prevent the rest of the game wasn't the right plan, obviously.

Still--give credit where it's due, the D dominated with the game plan we took into the game. It sure as shit isn't enough, but it's not nothing.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Clarification needs to be made by the Johnson & Johnson braintrust, does Mac have the authority to fire this buffoon or not? If not, based on their idiotic chain-of-command, then they both go and for once, hire a overseer of the organization to hire a GM, and then let them hire the coach they see fit. This approach of people inheriting people they should be reporting to is flawed and hasn't worked here. If yes, Mac fires Todd and throws all his eggs in the Mike Defilippo basket and brings in a young, upcoming coach from the offensive side of the ball that has experience bringing along a young QB...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Show improvement and be competitive.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I agree about some points about Bowles - but the argument to show intensity is complete and utter nonsense - it doesn't give results - show me the time and date of when Tom Landry showed any emotion.

SOJAZ, TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

jets were playing their third game in 11 days. This coaching staff has never shown it would be up to that challenge. It sucks losing to the Browns, but we all knew it was more than possible. It sucks that their young QB looked a lot better than ours, but its not like we had the chance to draft him instead. It sucks blowing a two score lead in a game Jets had under control, but we've seen them do it much worse before.

What really bugs me is the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I just find it really hard to root for a team with guys on it that just have no conception of how they're hurting the team.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who would this interim be? There is no one on the Jets CS capable of serving as a HC. That's one of the problems. Little experience or ability on this CS. Unfortunately, we're just gonna have to ride out this year with Bowles' suck and pray that it leaves us with the #1 or #2 pick in the draft so we could trade down a couple of spots, add a 2nd rounder and possibly a 1st in 2020 and still get either the best LT prospect in the draft or Bosa.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Since we've gone this far with starting Sam and our outlook feels grim its time to open the offense up. Heck downfield passing was our best weapon last season. Lets quit playing scared with a rookie and let him open things up. That means keeping a back in to block more as well. Forget the WR screens. It wont be long before teams are expecting them and pick sixes arise.

Why we stopped being aggressive on defense when the rookie took over is puzzling. Bringing heat with man to man would have been much more effective against a guys first start. Instead we gave him time and let him pick apart a zone. Both of our coordinators stink, as does our HC. Lets turn into the aggressive wide open Jets on both sides of the ball and see where it takes us - because it couldn't get much worse. If nothing else at least it would be more exciting.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Bowles wants to regain control? Crowell should be suspended by the team, without pay, for 1 game for detrimental conduct.

This should send a message to these knuckleheads who can't keep it together.

Acad23 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The ironic thing is that these cross field passes on the first possessions (Detroit and now Cleveland) are anything but protecting Sam. Absolutely boneheaded play calls.

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

exactly

you can't make gold form crap. our roster has been bad overall when he took over. previous GMs left us in bad shape. you can't build a winning team in a year or 2. it's a process.

12. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

hahaha... I was being sarcastic. Show improvement and be competitive is the Jets battle cry. Unlike the Raiders of old who said, Just win Baby.

Bowles is trash. They have shown zero improvement and the scores look competitive until you realize they should have won both games.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This is year 4. And I know they spent money to win the first year but that didn’t mean they couldn’t have defend better. 2015 and 2016 drafts should be paying dividends now.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

we blew 2 games it sucks it's on bowles as much as the players. I get it. but cycling coaches is an instant way to consistently be bad. bowles gets IMO 1 more year. if we can't make the playoffs next season then we can find a replacement. Mac i believe deserves to be around long term. he's done a good job fixing the shit roster he was left with and has hit on all his top picks and found some late gems

BomberJet likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As is keeping a coach who shows little sign of improvement.

16. GasedAndConfused

this is not year 4 though. that's the issue. 2015 was a gear up, spend big go for a SB season. as was 2016 which both failed. last year was the first year of a true rebuild. we cut ties with overpaid players, just drafted a rookie QB. we are on season 2 right now of a full rebuild.

I get your point about the 2015 and 2016 drafts but williams was a great pick as was lee. shell is a decent RT for being a 5th ronuder. jenkins is looking good at OLB for a 3rd rounder, peake is a key special teams player as a 7th rounder. anderson is a good WR as an UDFA albeit off to a terrible start this year, edwards is a great punter, harrison provides decent depth as a 5th round guard.

best you can hope for is 1-2 starters per draft max and maybe a role player or 2 in those 2 drafts we have

5 starters (williams, lee, anderson, edwards, jenkins)
    3 role players (peake, shell, harrison)

more then a good enough job

BomberJet and SettlerDawg like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

fair enough but you can't improve when you gut a roster to rebuild it. i mean what talent has bowles had to coach? just now are we starting to look like we have some talent

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

We also turn it off in the 3rd Q in a fit of disgust. I banged out of the game thread after Robby Anderson. I couldn't take it anymore. I have it recorded, but I'm gonna delete it in an act of displaced revenge and not watch the rest of it. I decided to watch one my very favorite movies of all time instead to soothe myself: 'House on Haunted Hill' with Vincent Price. I've probably seen it a minimum of 30 times.

[​IMG]

I don't know, I was so mad I just felt like hanging out somewhere else.

[​IMG]

Kinda sums up the game:

[​IMG]

Looked up the score after the movie. I had three Rolaids on the coffee table at the ready. I ate them, and went to bed. I seriously need to start bringing back some old avatars because most of them are horror related and just so . . . Jets. Anyway, God love Vincent Price, William Castle, and Roger Corman. Gets me through tough times on occasion. I adore Vincent Price for too many reasons to list. Adore the Jets, sometimes not so much.

19. FJF

No it is not a good enough job. If it was we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Being league average does not lift a bad team out of the muck. Being average keeps you right where you are. Which is what we are heading for. I doubt Mac gets fired this year, Bowles might and Mac will get to match his qb to a coach of his liking,spend the war chest he saved and see if it turns things around but until he starts hitting on more draft picks we won’t get to that perennial contender we are/should be striving for.

20. FJF

We didn’t lose last nite due to lack of talent