Mike Macc - just as bad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Same here... unfortunately it took me far to long to come to this very important realization, and I'm in the wrong half of my 40's.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

blow
    He built the line right thru FA and picked a 3 pass rushers. 2 of them he cut already

3. nevbeats319

no way above average. Look at his picks since 2015. More then half arent even on the team, He has two starters on Offense and 5 on Defense. Other then Adams, none of them are in the "ok, hes really good" pool. Everyone else is decent, and that is including Leanard Williams a top 6 pick. He sucks at drafting considering he has used alot of picks also.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Even if Maccagnan drafted the best possible players at each pick ,we wouldn't know it in these schemes.

Bowles and Maccagnan never synergized and it's because Maccagnan didn't select his coach.

nyjetsmets89 and Leicester Jet like this.
  5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

First round pick next year needs to be OL, even go for one in the 2nd round if you need to. The three biggest priorities for this team are OL, WR. LB. As much as I want a top LB for the defense, you just drafted a FQB, build up his line and WR corps as your top priority before you ruin him.

Anyway, I'm not crazy about Mac. His best move was the trade-up to pick Darnold which we'll see how it pays off in a few years. Bring in someone like Mangini, IMO.

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This is utter nonsense. Darnold wouldn't have "fallen into Mac's lap" if Mac hadn't aggressively traded up. Mac has done enough wrong. There's no need to make shit up to try to make him look bad.

The Uniform Bomber and RPOZ51 like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

go look at other GMs hit rates. the average hit rate overall in the draft is 1-2 starters on average and maybe a role player here and there. more then 50% of draft picks are out of the NFL by the end of their rookie contract.

The NFL has a total of 1,782 jobs for players (not including PS) 768 starting jobs (11 offense, 11 defense, K, P) every year around 250 players are added to compete for those 1782 jobs (224 normal picks plus comp picks and UDFA) it's a numbers game in a high competitive arena. I've made several posts as well detailing out picks form successful teams GMs like the pats, steelers, eagles etc and mac is no worse of then any of them

8. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Mac had no idea that Darnold would be there, he traded up to get any of the 4 Qbs that were in the draft

theres video somewhere of mac saying "oh my god, he fell to us" he had no idea it would happen.

legler82 likes this.
  9. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

They announced that this is a rebuilding year and are starting a 21 year old rookie at QB. They have a lot of unspent cap space. What were you guys expecting?

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Johnsons aren't going to fire anyone IF they do they'll half@ss things like they always do. Scapegoat Bowles, keep MacCagnan.

There's no playoff mandate no accountability.

We're being turned into the new Cleveland Browns. If the Johnson don't wake up to see the con Casserly-MacCagnan are pulling on them in a few seasons the Jets non-playoffs seasons streak could begin to rival the streak Buffalo ended last season.

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

We need OL that can block someone

12. nevbeats319

rebuilding in year 4 is stupid. he should have done it year 1 instead of overpaying for old FA. and rebuilding teams should have a bulk of young draft picks that are starting, he has sucked at drafting and most of them are not on teams or not on the jets.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. nevbeats319

interesting. i will check out your post

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

its not about how many starters you have its about production from said starters ... we have about 7 starters that wouldn't be starting on other teams

HomeoftheJets and Jets_Grinch like this.
  15. Jetsfansince95

our front office has this disease where we anoint our players as high end players at their position and brainwash themselves into believing they can actually produce aka our no name pass rushers getting it done when it counts ... our offensive line protecting our FQB our avg running backs being good ... our middle of the pack WR actually being a true #1 etc etc we don't have anyone elite at any single position. no one not a single team will win a super bowl without an elite player at, at least one position aka game changer etc ...

buster skrine has had one good game in his Jet career yet he is still a starter on the team ...

we dont have a right DE worth a damn ...

would any of our tight ends be a starter on any of the other 31 teams ??

I won't even get into our offensive line and linebackers.

16. Jetsfansince95

with years and years of first round picks you would think we would have an elite player its been 7 years !

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Like I said from Day 1 of this regime, if Bowles goes then Mac goes too. They are connected at the hip, like it or not. The Jets need a President of Football Ops who can make all personnel decisions. Not easy to find a good one.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

disagree. williams and lee would be starters on most teams. and if you count 2017 draft as well, so would adams and maye. jenkins would likely start for maybe half the teams but he's a third rounder and at minimum would be a backup. edwards would start for a lot of teams as well. not a ton of great punters. maybe a top 3-5 then the rest are mostly even with or worse then edwards. peake would play special teams for anyone. anderson would be beasting and starting on most teams as well.

that's worse case 6 players he drafted in 3 years that would be starting on most teams

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Call bill polian

HomeoftheJets and JetsNation06 like this.
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'd do it in a heartbeat. But for whatever reason Jets brass does things the hard, illogical way.

FJF likes this.