#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, like that.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

What cliche is situational awareness?

What awerness, not to drop passes? They need to be told that in certain situations catching passes might be a good thing?

To give up on a TD pass like Pryor did is bad? When trailing we might want to score? Another oh moment?

How about Herndon? Catch yeh ball? Lay ou for the easy TD?

Hey Anderson, maybe you need reminding by don't fumble in that, or better yet, any situation?

Come on, none of those things are needed to be said and situational.

You're reaching. Sometimes, I know this is hard for us, the other team plays well. Other times you put up much better numbers, move the ball and outgain the other team and still lose because of a handful of mistakes.

tiger8mush, FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're being obtuse. Apparently these things DO need to be told, over and over. Surely you've heard of a coach assigning a player to carry a football with him 24/7 so that he gets it into his muscle memory how important it is to hod onto it. Some guys just don't pay attention. Given that they're pros and have played the game for years before they even play a down in the NFL it's mind-boggling that they can have these bad habits and still get to the pros, but it's up to coaches to solve it or get rid of them if they can't.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

If Todd Bowles wants to be HC of the NYJ ;) after this is year is over, he will find a way to beat the goddamn Cleveland Browns this Thursday. He will make sure he has a good plan for his rookie QB, get on the same page as Bates. He will make sure this team shows up prepared unlike this past sunday, in which half the team looked asleep. Maybe they thought they won the Super Bowl on Monday Night. Great Coaches find ways to win when they absolutely need one, and Bowles absolutely needs one, please don't be the team to hand the Browns their first win in 2 years . A great HC needs to be able to simply will a win out of a team every once in a while and this is one of them. Figure it out.

CBG and Cman68 like this.
  5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If Todd Bowles doesn't want to coach the NY Jets I'll take him back in Arizona and trade you Steve Wilks and Mike McCoy.

FJF likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You can have Bowels , I will give him a lift to the airport. That said you can keep your boys also I would rather have Harbaugh or possibly Tomlin if he gets shit canned or quits. Sadly we are both stuck with what we have for now.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Bowles should use reverse psychology. After the loss on Sunday he should have told them to take the next few days off and meet at the airport Thursday. Have fun this week and try not to focus on fundamentals or situational awareness. Aren't we all sick of that BS. It's the Browns. Can you believe the NFL gave us the Browns? Thank you scheduling gods. See you Thursday night in Cleveland. Make sure to put your drugs and weapons in your carry on luggage.

101GangGreen101, LF911SC, FJF and 2 others like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

As long as that tactic isnt used once the Raiders move to Vegas

9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You have no idea of what's on aCS and what's on the player. It's ridiculous to think a HC has to tell players to not fumble. Or to make someone who doesn't have a fumbling problem carry a football with him 24/7. Nice MMQBing. To not lose a pass in the EZ, have it go by that was an easy TD. Or to not get into the EZ at the end of a half. Crazy to attempt to put this on a HC. I get it, you don't like Bowles so will blame him for all of it. Doesn't make you right or me obtuse.

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

really hows that working out for AZ ....

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Bradford looks like he's in a body cast throwing 3 yard widow makers to Larry and David Johnson. Even scarier is he's running the plays Mike McCoy is sending out to him.

I give Bowles and Mac a ton of credit for having the balls to put Darnold out game 1 and unloading Bridgewater who might have gotten this team to the playoffs.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You're talking about 2 really successful coaches. I would certainly be okay with either one of them.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Per Cimini:

“Todd Bowles is now a member of the 50 Club — one of seven Jets head coaches who reached the 50-game mark. How he stacks up after 50 regular-season games: Herm Edwards (27-23, 1-2 playoffs), Rex Ryan (26-24, 4-2), Joe Walton (26-24, 0-1), Todd Bowles (21-29, 0-0), Bruce Coslet (19-31, 0-1), Walt Michaels (19-31, 0-0), Weeb Ewbank (19-27-4, 0-0)”.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That Weeb guy must have really sucked.

Cidusii and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Fuck Todd Bowles.

16. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

How come Hyde didn't wipe his butt with the ball? Isn't that what you're supposed to do after you score?

17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

TURD BOWLES NEEDS TO NOT EXIST

18. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

This was the game that won me over to the Fire Bowles movement. He has got to go.

sozopol likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This guy needs to be fired. How can a guy on a couch understand what basic adjustments you need to make to stop QUICK TIMING ROUTES, but our FUCKING head coach doesn't understand that? Man I'm not even mad we lost to Cleveland, I'm livid that Bowles is still EMPLOYED

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Bowles has no balls. Had a timeout and 10 seconds on 4th down near the 50... Run a little dumpoff over the middle and throw it into the endzone, don't be such a coward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.