Darron Lee Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Charlie Kelly, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Darron Lee

1. lol

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. lmao

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. MaineJet is bad

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. rotflmao

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

38 yards on 15 carries total for the lions. I'd say the run D did just fine

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe it was his reading this thread, and others like it, that finally lit his ass on fire.

Whatever the reason I'm happy he finally showing something.

NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

Or, see how things work out when you actually make adjustments?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Lee did his job finally better than he's ever had and folks still complain. He will never be a guy to "take on blocks", that's not his role. That's why they got the beef up front to do. Lee has to just shoot these gaps, and be a demon beating these RB's to the spot.

FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Where did I say anything about the run D?

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I was wondering that myself,,do players and coaches/GMs have dummy accounts here to gauge the fans opinions?? ahahahah

Maybe its my own projection but it did appear like the Jets players all know how we feel and were out to prove us wrong..KUDOS

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The Jets had loads of tape on Patricia's defenses, and Stafford himself. The Lions had absolutely no tape on Bates' offenses, or Darnold himself. That is factually true, and the Jets benefited from it and had an advantage over the Lions as a result of it. Patricia has a lot more experience than Bates, and Stafford has a lot more experience than Darnold, and the Lions benefited from that and had an advantage over the Jets as a result of it.

It's really not that complicated.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Are you implying he never made adjustments? Because I find that to be false. I am sure he made adjustments in the past, sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Talent still has to execute.

FJF likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

Bates didn't overhaul the offense post Morton departure. Probably not a lot of tape on Darnold, but he's still a rookie QB and I thought Matt Patricia was so good at getting the worst out of rookie QBs? Lions should have benefited from a rookie QB starting his first game on the road.

Source - https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/05/jeremy_bates_didnt_overhaul_jets_offense_but_what.html

10. ColoradoContrails

Of course he made adjustments in the past, but it seemed like they were usually wrong and didn't account for his players - and the other team's - abilities, or what the actual game was indicating. All I know is that something was radically different last night and I hope that it's a repeatable difference..

Ralebird likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

Talent has to mature, it's hard for a young team to win and be perfect in terms of adjustments. Hopefully they are on the right track.

12. GasedAndConfused

lee is part of the run D. he was a big reason for them only allowing 38 yards and mind you they got most of that when the jets played a soft defense with a huge lead at the end

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I was very pleased to see his stat line and td return, not having seen much but highlights, how was the rest of his game and was he calling the defence as we were led to believe from those jetdrive videos ?

14. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PFF NY Jets

@PFF_Jets

ยท
    1h

#Jets

[​IMG]
    linebacker Darron Lee was the highest graded defensive player in the NFL this week. His 94.5 defense grade ranked first among 469 players!

yay

Mogriffjr and GasedAndConfused like this.
  15. westiedog1

You are positing excellence by extension. D is good, therefore; all members of the D are good. D consists of 11 members. It's possible to have a good D with one of those 11 not performing up to the level of the others. Yes, the D held the Lions to 38 yards rushing, but the main reason the rush total was so low was because the Jets had a big lead in the second half. You can't overcome a big lead like that by running the ball. Lions were forced to throw and the Jets knew it. Not taking anything away from how the D played which was great, but playing defense is a lot easier when you eliminate half a team's offensive arsenal.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

that's not true at all though. it actually helped them as they got some cheap runs against a soft defense late in the game when it was a blowout. the lions were ahead for most of the first quarter and went in halftime only down 7 and getting the ball which they then tied it up on the first drive.

also PFF linebacker Darron Lee was the highest graded defensive player in the NFL this week. His 94.5 defense grade ranked first among 469 players!

you don't get to be the highest graded player by sucking against the run

Ralebird likes this.
  17. westiedog1

Not knowing how they rank defensive players, I can't say I agree with that ranking.

18. GasedAndConfused

they watch every play and rate on successs rate and such and if they make a mistake they get dinged points. it's a good system albiet with some subjectivity but anyone who watched that game and wasn't impressed with lee is insane

19. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

This guy needs to keep his freakin pie hole shut. Talking about we knew this we knew that. Can someone please their foot up his ass!

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think Lee was exaggerating. It was all Jamal Adams. He called out the play to Lee, and he was ready for it. Jamal seems to be a video rat like Revis was. I think he picked up on a few things from that, I doubt they knew all the signals, but probably recognized enough along with offensive formations.