Mo and Sheldon truly screwed us

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

our picks

Our control

Beast talent

Horrible pos humans

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Sheldon was a good player but a yapper with some screws loose. But he did play hard. Not always smart

Mo flat out quit. Horrible POS he was.

LF911SC likes this.
  3. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

mos definitely

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup, and instead of Damon Snacks Harrison @ NT/DT (who's as massive in stature as Kris Jenkins) we got stuck with a 32 year old Steve McLendon instead of an All-Pro in Harrison; for one of the most important position's within a 3-4 Defense (the NT position).

Our D-Line would be nasty again with Leonard Williams, Damon Harrison and our 3rd round rookie in Nathan Shepherd.

At least with Sheldon Richardson we net gained Jermaine Kearse and a 2nd which was used as a piece to trade up for Sam Darnold from 6th to 3rd. But Mo Wilkerson flat out quit on us.

But yet certain fans had the nerve to attack Jamal Adams character and leadership once reports broke of Jamal Adams criticizing the state of our losing locker room mentality once drafted into that locker room with you know, the likes of Sheldon & Wilkerson... while still having the stink smell leftovers from that of Brandon Marshall within it. Incredible.

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

And don't forget an overweight, apathetic Revis too in 2016. Adams I like, though sometimes he overdoes it the guy has a ton of energy. he cares, he wants to win desperately. Must've been jarring walking into that locker room and seeing malcontents like Wilkerson and Richardson

Bowles I don't see as a natural leader. But I do see an improving locker room situation with guys like Darnold, McCown (basically a player-coach) Darron Lee, Trumaine Johnson, Enunwa, Adams as well as guys like Bates and Kevin Greene on the coaching staff. If any other locker room issues occur in the future it'll be up to those veteran leadership to quell it because Bowles certainly has no idea how.

#5 forevercursed, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

They didn't F us our GM and coach did.

Many here were screaming that of all the DL Mo was NOT the one to give the big payday to. He signed as large a contract as he could get like just about every player would do.
    Unfortunate for us I think he will bounce back in Green Bay some.

Our coaches did us no favors trying to make Sheldon play standing up virtually as a LB, Trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. He may not have been sharpest tool in the shed, but he played hard for us and performed well for the most part. At least we got Kearse back for him. I will root for Sheldon in Minny this year he could really be part of something special there. Being closer to home will do him good. I went to the Jets at KC and he probably had 30 family members there sitting about 5 rows in front of me.

Once we drafted the Big Cat the writing was on the wall that we could not keep those 3 intact, I know many here knew that keeping Snacks was very important.

7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Not signing Mo would have been crazy. He was coming off of his first season with Bowles and his best season. He was a pro bowl pick and had 12.5 sacks. Many on forums always scream to not sign anyone. Doesnt make it right. He was signed, big money but not crazy money. That he took the money and became a dog sucks. Happens though.

Sheldon didnt screw us. We got a second back for him and we used that pick to move up and get Darnold

101GangGreen101 and BudJet like this.
  8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

And this should be an abject lesson as to why you don’t don’t give up any real draft capital or big money to a POS like Dante Fowler.

9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Sheldon also did nothing in Seattle ...don't blame CS

10. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

Seattle gave up a 2nd and Kearse for Sheldon. They cut him or didn't even try to sign him.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I have no idea what happened to Mo, but he became a totally different player after getting his second contract and obviously not in a good way. He needed to go. Sheldon did some crazy stupid things off the field, but he seemed to play hard on the field. Trading him for Kearse and a 2nd, which was ultimately used to trade up for Darnold, may be Macc's best move as GM.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm still not giving Snacks the contract the Giants gave him. Mo at his best was one of the best 3 down lineman in the league. As far as I am concerned, Snacks never really made that Giants D a run dominant one. Not like when he was here

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Good ol' hindsight arguments.