Steve McLendon: A topic of discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Uh, didn't the Giants give up the 6th most rushing yards last season? (Jets 9th) 2nd most in total yard? (Jets 8th)

What was this about again?

2. The Waterboy

1933>1887 : In Re rushing yards surrendered by Giants and Jets

Oh and as far as the Jets getting gashed for 708 rushing yards in the last 6 games, that equals 118 yards per game, the Gnats gave up 120.8 yards per game rushing for the season

Charlie Kelly and FJF like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fucking @The Waterboy in here using facts that are obviously not available on Wikipedia

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  4. The Waterboy

I made sure not to use Philly Stacks "facts" though, last time I responded to his "facts" he called me a liar because his "facts" were wrong.

#44 The Waterboy, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Great points. The difference between Ellis and Mo was Ellis had a great work ethic and a leader in the defense. Mo failed us

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

I won't lie I wanted to keep Wilkerson at the time due to my belief in him as an impact player, and I was wrong.

But the drop off in run sniffing, run stuffing and run stopping ability @ our NT position has been hard to watch with an aging Steve McLendon all while Damon Harrison has gone on to become an NFL All-Pro animal against the run.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but as it currently stands our defense needs an upgrade @ our 3-4 NT position and sooner, rather than later.

A 32 year old Steve McLendon will not cut it.

LAJet likes this.
  7. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

i just wanted to quote the Titanic

8. The Waterboy

Guess you missed this the first time
    Just trying to help out

stinkyB likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yes, it does. WE WERE THERE. We saw. We remember.

FJF likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

At least his contract didn't hamper the team, but I was really sadden by how Mo completely shipped it out the last year he was here. He was my favorite player.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea I loved Wilkerson myself. I believe we all did (before receiving his mega contract and calling it quits).

But at the end of the day it's almost impossible to keep the likes of Wilkerson, Richardson, Snacks and Leonard Williams on the same D-Line: Although 2015 was very fun for me to watch those 4 on the same line (with Richardson playing some OLB) while the Jets 2015 run defense ranked 1st in rushing TD's surrendered, 1st in First-Down runs given up, 2nd in rushing yards allowed and 3rd in average yards per rush attempt against across the board.

I currently feel thankful that we have an NFL blue chip caliber defensive lineman in Leonard Williams to lead the way for our Gang Green's future D-Line and am also hopeful that an underrated/sleeper of a 3rd round rookie in Nathan Shepherd can come into his own alongside of Leonard Williams; but we're a massive and dominant run stopping 3-4 NT away from bringing our defensive line back to it's highest peak and must replace an aging 32 year old DT in Steve McLendon much sooner, rather than later.

He has no long term future here and must be replaced moving forward.

12. Christian

Christian Active Member

Steve McLendon has nothing to do with Darron Lee being unable to cover. That's the main thing we picked him for and he's really shitty at it. He also tackles like 10 year old girl.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's an insult to 10 year old girls across the world....

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Jets lost by a point. What else.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I personally like the kid, love his all around athleticism (as I did Jonathan Vilma coming out of Miami U) and am intrigued by his overall potential on the next level.

Say what you say about the kid but he was a walk on @ Ohio State, began to really impress some very good football coaches, proved all of the critics and naysaying pundits wrong and went on to become a Buckeyes star before being drafted as a 1st round NFL draft pick.

He's still very young at only 23 years of age and coming off a 94 tackle, 3.0 sacks, 3 passes defended and 2 forced fumbles type of season as only a 2nd year player who started 15 games and more importantly; improved by leaps and bounds upon his rookie year.

I'm sorry for you if he hasn't transformed and reached Pro Bowl, All-Pro and Hall of Fame Legendary status after (only) two years of play :rolleyes:.

But I'll be sure to bump up all of these threads once Darron Lee has a 3rd year breakout performance in front of a much improved Secondary.

(And all of you BETTER ROOT AGAINST HIM; because you will not hear the end of it).

The sooner that a 32 year old Steve McLendon is replaced as a massive downgrade @ 3-4 NT from that of Damon Harrison; the sooner our D-Line can return to elite status.

#55 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He didn't miss it, he just has the Jethro like ability to completely ignore things that don't back up his made up statements in fantasy land where everything is not Darren Lee's fault.

The Waterboy likes this.
  17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

What the actual fuck.

Why is a Dolphin fan shitting on a current Jet and disparaging true Jet fans and imploring them to root against another Jet?

Seriously, what the fuck is going on here.

Harpua likes this.
  18. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I was beginning to forget about that slacker. It was a huge mistake paying Wilkerson. Mac should have cashed his ass in for a draft pick.

LAJet likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

attention whore?

stinkyB likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So now you're comparing Jonathan Vilma (Who was the BEST LB in college that year...and DROY) to Lee?!

Just stop dude......

Harpua likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.