Sam Signs....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Jets have a doofus HC and incompetent owner..Darnolds no dummy. You have to pray somebody really good takes over within 5 years

This team ALWAYS runs the risk of being just a stepping stone to bigger and better..just Pete Carol and Bellicheater

2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I get your point but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating that it’s essentially over principle and an insanely small dollar amount.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I get it, but the dollar amount isn’t what’s important.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^I get BOTH of your points. I just hope this Sexton guy isn't pouring poison into Darnold's ear like, "See? The Jets don't believe in your talent or ability because they're not caving over what could potentially be peanuts . . . because they don't believe in your talent or ability." If it's really something as trivial as this in the grand scheme of thing, c'mon. Meet in the the middle somehow. This is just getting stupid. I also agree with Big Cat: Sexton is hurting Darnold by taking valuable training time away from him. And, you don't want his teammates looking at him sideways that he got Prima Donna treatment before he's ever even taken an NFL snap. Could also have a snowball effect: "Darnold got x,y,z. Well, I want (insert unreasonable demand here)." Mutiny on the Bounty. Word Play.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Mac will be the laughing stock of the NFL GMs if he sets such a precedent and caves to this triple chin POS. Its not about money. And no, Jimmy the snake is not doing this for the benefit of his client, much to the contrary, he is just trying to garnish more business by showing how he can negotiate unreasonable shit. Mac should have told this greedy turd and Fitz to take a fucking hike 2 years ago as well. Let Sam sit this year, see how well that will go for future business.

NYJFOREVER and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I am wrong ..but this could be about over 750k

Darnold has something few other players get A FULLY GUARANTEED deal for a total of 30mil with 20 Mil due at signing

If he craps out after 1 year (the Jets paid him 26 mill already ) and is cut ..let's say another team offers him 5 mill to play on a one year deal

WITH OFFSETS the NYJ are on the hook for only 1 million

WITHOUT OFFSET Sam can get the 5 million from a new team and also take the 1 Mil the Jets still owe him

This is very player friendly if Sam end up a career backup ...somewhat greedy yes ..

BUT Is 1 Mil really worth it Mac???

I am torn on this one ...sigh

8. BroadwayAaron

It’s amazing that people react this way to our front office finally doing the 100% correct thing. Same old Jets fans will be same old Jets fans I guess.

What does this guy have the entire population of this website blocked?

9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12, Jets81 and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

This is becoming Joey Bosa territory. Who also held out due to offset language and signing bonus.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

$750,000 on a multimillion dollar contract, reportedly.

Stop acting like you know so much better. You’re posting on a message board just like the rest of us.

13. BroadwayAaron

Money is the second most important part. I’m talking about the actual important part.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I will say this: Jets fans always have problems. Isn't it nicer to have a problem like "When will my potential Franchise QB sign his rookie deal?" instead of "Will any of my QB's be able to complete a pass?" like last year?

hwismer and CotcheryFan like this.
  15. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Jimmy Sexton won’t lose. Either they get what they want or Sam never puts a green jersey on

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

For the defense that the Jets gave up the future to get this guy, why not just give into the demands......

What Darnold and Sexton fail to realize is that the Jets TRADED UP to the 3 slot and took Darnold, it's all smoke and mirrors if Indy would have traded down from the 3 slot but Indy would not have taken Darnold at 3 and with Mayfield taken at one, Cleveland was not inclined to take Sam at 4 either.

Jets traded up to get this kid and awarded Sam as a top 3 pick and also has him make Top 3 pick money and not say 5th or 6th overall pick money. Darnold has the Jets to thank for trading up and acquiring him from a financial standpoint, I think Josh Allen's camp gets this because if the Bills didn't step in, Allen would have plummeted and lost more money.

Jets don't trade up, point blank Darnold's camp makes less money and that includes Sexton. It's coulda, shoulda, woulda if Indy trades down on draft day. Jets helped make Darnold millions of dollars more than what could have happened if NYJ doesn't do the trade up.

Darnold also didn't throw at the combine and followed his camp/Sexton's advice on that for the fear of it hurting his stock. It becomes somewhat troublesome he can't make the decisions but he's 21 so I don't want to give him hell for this. He just gets some very suspect decision making IMHO. If Sam wanted to throw at the combine, it's his choice into doing so or not. If he wants to be at camp right now and digest the playbook and build chemistry with teammates, it's his choice.

#296 BakerMaker, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Makes me a feel a little better

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

If you’re afraid it sets a precedent, well, it already has, regardless of who blinks first.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

They should just harpoon the fat cunt out of the building.

forevercursed likes this.
  20. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

Never know what info to believe but according to this, it has nothing to do with offset stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.