Where the hell are the “Limited” NYJ jerseys?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Jul 20, 2018.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Listen, I only buy jerseys from the finest sweatshops -- league endorsed ones.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ironically enough, my Mom was a sewing machine operator in a sweat shop as a teenager, not a cool gig. I have an old photo of her picketing years later (early 50s), and I still have her ILGWU card. True story. She still worked like a dog her entire life. My Mom sewed a ton of my clothes when I was a kid. I looked pretty groovy. Not kidding around. She was also an unbelievably talented cross-stitcher, embroiderer, crocheter, knitter, and lace-maker. An artist, but she never really saw it that way, which makes me sad. She did it mostly to unwind, but she learned the craft(s) from my Grandma and her Grandma, and also her great Grandma. Proof of grooviness, here are some pictures of me looking groovy. Do I lie?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What was this about again? Jerseys. Anyway, it's the United States own stupid fault that it's virtually impossible to buy American.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.

Brook! likes this.
  4. jetophile

Ha, you're welcome. My Daddy was in the garment industry, too (a pattern maker). Notice the homage to Joe Willie in the third photo. It's not two pockets. It's a hand-warmer. Namath invented that. My Daddy loved my infamous temper. Not a brat, just moody. My Mom (see first pic), not so much. Anyway, not truly ragging on anyone about the jerseys. You really can't get away from it.

Brook! likes this.
  5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

$150 for a jersey? Yikes. I wouldn't spend more than $50. That's a ripoff.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What are things you’ve spent $150 on? I find that people who rag on the way others spend their money usually have something that they spent “too much” on.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  7. jetophile

So you're one of them people who bought a PSL! Way to out yourself! RobA is one of the sunniest people on the planet! He's not ragging, already just used that word, he's just stating his opinion! Guess what? The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are coming out tonight! To trample your lawn! On the sod you just put down when you could've just thrown grass seed by hand! What an idiot!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Very little actually that I spend that much on in one chunk. If I did more often the mortgage may not get paid. Not worth it for a jersey. There are nice stitched on jerseys for around $50 if you are willing to wait a month for shipping. I'd rather it look 'slightly' different than the NFL shop ones than shell out that much for a jersey, but to each their own.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I agree with waiting it out for the Chinese knockoffs but I've also had really really good luck with them. Considering how awful I've seen some of them look at the stadium, I don't want this to be the time my luck runs out. I'm gonna need a Darnold jersey for at least the next decade.

10. jetophile

Frugal! I like it! I was born frugal! I'll buy something irregular any day of the week! Even if one sleeve is six inches longer than the other so what! Do what I do! Roll them up and fake it! Ingenuity what ever happened to that! It's not like the Queen of England is gonna notice your filthy fashion mistake! Unless you're Princess Diana!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Hah! The Family Truckster!
    Precursor to the mini van followed by the SUV.

12. jetophile

That brown paneled Ford station wagon is featured in many a short story of mine. All of my stories are true.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Irregular, you bet. I got a sewn on Keyshawn jersey at Modells for my kid for under twenty bucks when he was still on the team. The "JOHNSON" was upside down!

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Patience, Grasshopper. It's ninety degrees out there - where are you gonna wear it? You got a wedding to go to?

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Since we are now talking about how expensive jerseys are...

I haven’t purchased a jersey since I bought a Mark Sanchez jersey. (It’s been awhile)

Don’t feel bad for me though, I also own a Klecko jersey and a old Chrebet Jersey. That’s why I don’t mind springing a few extra bucks for a nicer jersey. I don’t buy em often enough to worry about it.

16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Nah, but preseason games are starting in about a week. I would like to wear the jersey all season not just whenever.