Felony charges dismissed from Robby Anderson's rolling loud arrest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyFtLaud, May 16, 2018.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

That Ortiz dude had a run in with Vilma a while back as well. I think Vilma filed a lawsuit.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ah, yes, I remember that now! Vilma did file a suit, but I don't know what became of it. This guy is so roided up on power in his own head that he probably doesn't even know what his first name is. That doesn't mean that Robby Anderson is Nikolai Tesla, mind you, but if you look at Ortiz's history, ummm . . . How does this guy get promoted to Union President with a track record like that? He's not as bad as Justin Volpe (is ANYONE as bad as that?), but he's getting free pass after free pass to the point of embarrassment. Remember when he harassed that woman on Facebook (which I will never belong to) after she made HIM pull over for speeding? Guess what he did? He stalked her on social media, revealed her identity, and bad-mouthed her.

^Not him, but still, and good on her. There were so many ways this could've gone wrong.

Again, that doesn't preclude me from saying once again that Robby Anderson needs counseling and needs to stay the frig home because the idiot vibe is strong. That being said, yes sir, no sir, yes sir if you ever get pulled over for anything no matter how stupid. I don't care if you're black, white, yellow, purple, orange, or wearing a clown suit. In my case it would be a Sock Monkey suit, but whatever.

#62 jetophile, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Sam Hammer and LF911SC like this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

This story on Ortiz is from 2011 regarding Vilma, also a false arrest and roughing up a pregnant woman. His history goes back further .
    Anderson needs to move his family from the area. He has a history of speeding and is well known to the local PD. He has a Target on his back and if he doesn't get away from the area, it's going to end badly for him.

Edit: I forgot to post the link...
    http://chrislagergren.com/sgt-javie...-fop-vice-president-accused-of-abusing-power/

#63 TonyFtLaud, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Noam likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson settled the final charge remaining against him, pleading no contest to a misdemeanor reckless driving charge in South Florida, his attorney confirmed to ESPN.

Attorney Ed O'Donnell told ESPN's Rich Cimini that Anderson made the plea on Wednesday and received six months of probation and has no travel restrictions as part of the agreement.

This was the final charge pending from his two arrests, that took place in a nine-month span. He had faced four felony charges from the two arrests (on May 7, 2017 at a music festival in Miami Beach and Jan. 19 from a traffic stop in Sunrise, Florida), but all were dismissed. The misdemeanor charge remaining was from the Jan. 19 incident.

Anderson is still subject to possible discipline from the NFL, which is still reviewing the matter. He will meet with league investigators on a future date.

He said at last week's mandatory minicamp that he doesn't expect to be suspended.

"Naturally, we hope the league will see it for what it is and not impose any suspension on him, considering the actions the court took -- and the state took," O'Donnell told ESPN. "He's a good citizen and I hope it doesn't impact in any way, shape or form on his professional career -- and it shouldn't."

The no contest plea was first reported by NFL Network.

5. jetophile

Hopefully one positive that will come from this is that perhaps someone will have the guts to go up against this bad apple Cruz and get rid of him. Doubt it, though. That being said, someone needs to tie Robby Anderson to a chair with a jump rope to make sure he stays out of trouble. Assign him a babysitter at the very least. He earned it.

6. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Gotta get Robbie settled in. He is probably the best deep wide receiver in the NFL. We need his ability to get free and deep.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

and with sam we'll finally have a QB with an arm to make use of it

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

While he won't be charged with anything, I worry that Anderson will find a way to get into trouble off the field in the future.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

oan, Is it me or does RA have a weird fukin body? It's like his hips are low or his torso is extended...
    Like the cartoon effect when you see the legs turn into wheels or someshit like that.

#offseasonthoughts

donkey, TonyFtLaud and Walt White like this.
  10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Haha
    Yeah, he's all fucked up, lol. But the dude can play.

He expresses himself on the field, well. Hope he gets that so he doesn't lose it.

Lotta young guys maturing on this team...

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Hope Robbie learns from this. Keep money for good lawyers .. Or get a fall guy lol.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Liking this guy's attitude after making mistakes. I hope they truly do believe in one another.

13. GasedAndConfused

I'd love to see a darnold to anderson combo for the next decade grow to the purpotions of a ryan to julio or big ben to brown stafford to johnson a few years back

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  14. jetophile

This is a Brak song.

15. 101GangGreen101

Shoot, I would take a 'Luck to TY Hilton' type connection if I had to. But hopefully those 2 create a duo that will put fear in the hearts of defenses.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I would take Brett Ratliff to David Clowney at this point.

17. Walt White

Good to see that legit deep threat/field stretcher in a good place. Not so good for opposing teams tho. Nice.

18. 101GangGreen101

I need to temper my expectations, but the way Robby talked about Darnold and the receivers reactions is very exciting.

19. Walt White

I hear you. But I'm really starting to like the makeup of the team, the people they're turning the roster over with. They gotta learn how to win now and they need some more pieces...we'll see.

20. Is Chuckie Clements to Alex Van Dyke going too far?