Christopher Johnson will pay the fines of players that protest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I sit next to one at work. He doesn’t care. Next attempt at a point...

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m an American who has traveled extensively through Europe, the UK and Latin America.

There is a lot I love about the rest of the world but I’d take America every day of the week.

And I don’t go around saying “isn’t America great?” but in an internet discussion about the issue, like we are doing here, I’ll gladly say it.

I think you are missing that point.

By the way I had an aur pair once from Columbia and I asked her if she loved America and she said “si” so I asked “better than Columbia?” and she said something that sounded like “absolutamente”.

You get that some people will continue to love their home country while others will love America more?

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I tell you what wiseass , how about we meet in person and discuss it ... I’m tired of your bullshit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I was poor, my parents were poor, my grandparents were poor. My grandfather worked 12 hours a day in PA coal mines with most his pay going back to the mine owners. I was the first in my line to get a college degree, and I had to do it on my OWN. Did I bitch, moan and cry for help? Fuck no! Now people who had and still have the same chance I did are saying there is injustice. What a joke. There is no pay gap or inequality. I had no white privilege, which does not exist. I had a FATHER that instilled ethics and hard work. Lesson one, if a cop stops you, be polite, be respectful and follow directions. If 74% of black kids didn't grow up in fatherless homes, maybe they would all be successful. President Trump has done a hell of a lot more for Blacks that that POS Obama ever did.

5. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

This is true but people need to get out of the mindset that the government or some President is going to help you get out of poverty...it’s not happening

Poverty in America is bad but it’s on a whole different level in most other places in the world

There is actual opportunity here for people to make something of their lives...shit, some have it tough as hell but you always see stories of people defying the odds in America.

I’m sure the poor wish they grew up middle class and the middle class wish they grew up with a millionaire father etc etc...the bottom line is life ain’t easy or fair but you have a shot to make it with hard work and sometimes luck

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  6. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Why the hell does everything have to turn into a flag waving contest?

If they want to protest now they can get fined. Chris made a smart PR decision to show he's with his players who don't care about protesting anyway 100%. My best friend did 30 months in Iraq disassembling IED's and he gives zero shits either way.

I finally have a quarterback worth watching who may do better than putting up baseball scores waiting for the "franchise savior" next year. I'd like to do it in peace, but I'm sure someone will kneel opening night and someone will tweet and Woody will fly home and give his kids a talking to and OH MY GOD WHY IS THIS SHIT IN MY FOOTBALL???

#246 milo, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Jets_Grinch likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

I can understand how it would be frustrating that every time you think you have a point you get proven wrong, but this seems excessive.

Ralebird likes this.
  8. JetsFan

You are so wrong on many counts and your attitude is part of the problem. People have self worth and a voice, but most follow others like sheeple because they are ignorant or lazy. Just because a guy who has millions of dollars can throw a ball, what does that have anything to do with a person who is poor trying to put food on the table. You think a rich TV star or entertainer knows anything you the intercity struggles? The NFL owners put up $89 MILLION for players to match and use for their social programs, but in the last 6 months only ONE player took them up on asking for money to aid in a social program. If the majority of blacks were enlightened, they wouldn't be Democrats.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Wow you really put me in my place there ... “ I sit next to a guy at work and he does want care “ lol , well that settles it .
    When you grow some balls we’ll talk ... but none of you snowflakes have any so ...

10. Jersey Joe 67

Wow you really put me in my place there ... “ I sit next to a guy at work and he doesn’t care “ lol , well that settles it .
    When you grow some balls we’ll talk ... but none of you snowflakes have any so ...

11. BroadwayAaron

I mean you told me to ask someone who served. I did. Don’t turn into a snowflake just because you don’t like the answer.

There are multiple stories about multiple GROUPS of vets that support Kaepernick. There was a #VetsForKaepernick hashtag that took off. It’s more than just one person chief. Again, you made a terrible point that was easy to debunk.

I’m sorry I guess I should have threatened to kick your ass on the internet to prove I’m totally not a snowflake.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Like I said , I’ll meet you in person and we can discuss it ... anytime , anyplace

13. JetsFan

I am a vet and I literally work at a facility that employs 32,000 people most of whom are vets or family members of veterans. YES this is a big deal to us. Johnson is a fool just like his brother and you should stand, face the flag and be respectful. If you want to grandstand, do it on your time. While dressed in an NFL uniform you are on the owners and NFL's time as well as the fans. After the game do all you want, but that wouldn't give you your stage because no one would watch. Honestly no one gives two shits about them or their stupid fake injustice. They should have just made it to where no one came out until after the Anthem had been played. Then no one whether standing, sitting or staying in the locker room got attention.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I suggest AppleBees!

15. BroadwayAaron

Define "discuss" because so far all that happens is you make a point, myself and others prove how dumb it is, then you threaten to kick my ass in person. And they say liberals are the snowflakes...

16. BroadwayAaron

You can't say "us" and mean every active or former military member because it's simply not true. Like I said, there are literal groups of vets that side with Kaepernick. There are articles written about them. There was a hashtag you can search. There are TONS of vets that understand the plight of those protesting. The problem only occurs when people don't understand the actual message.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

BUNGLE IN THE JUNGLE!

Does Applebees do 2 for 1, or is that just Chilis? :D

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Jersey Joe 67

You’re a joke ... I’m ignoring your bullshit .

19. BroadwayAaron

Again, I can understand how having your point constantly shot down is frustrating.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Whatever gets you through the day big guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.