Christopher Johnson will pay the fines of players that protest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

My family will be happier b/c I'll be spending more time with them during the next football season instead of watching Jets games. I don't need the Jets and I don't want anything to do with them if they can't simply unify around the flag and the national anthem. Save the protests for another time.

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

You said I threw out the narrative when in fact, if you read my reply, you'd know I said the contrary. You'd also know that I applaud the fact that there should be two sides of the coin. You cannot call me a bigot and say I'm not willing to accept conflicting opinion when in fact I took the time to read through your argument and you didn't afford me the same courtesy. Unlike you, however, I won't resort to calling you out of your name. As with this country, sometimes if you just listen to the opposition you'll realize they aren't as opposed to you after all. WE actually made similar points from different angles.

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

So much misinformation and stupidity

You can protest on your own time.

Buy if you're at work, you're bound by the terms of your employment.

None of us, without exception, can protest at work without possibility of repercussions.

Chris is a two faced spineless jellyfish. All he cares about is money.

The snowflakes won this round, but thank god we have Trump to make America great again.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Christopher Johnson is two steps ahead of you dummies

No Jet has protested and no Jet will protest ....he has a lot to do with this if you’ve been paying attention

It’s called mutual respect and the good leaders/ bosses understand it

Walt White likes this.
  5. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Not quite sure why you feel the need to resort to name calling.... that aside please tell me what it has accomplished. “Still talking about it” as another responder alluded to may be true, but that is not an ‘accomplishment’ by any measurable at all.
    It’s not even up for debate that it has been a negative to the nfl, that was the whole reasoning behind this owners meeting, to agree on a resolution to stop this. Ratings have dropped, focus is less on the games and more on who is knealing or not, some sponsors have pulled out, and overall its been a negative PR for the league. Agree with the players actions and right to do so is irrelevant, its effect on the NFL has not been good and that isnt even up for debate.

Again, the owners voted unanimously to institute this rule. Again, your personal feelings aside, its not a good look to come out and say “its ok to break rules, ill cover the punishment for you”.

I guess its to be expected in a league where its players intentionally violate rules repeatedly like celebration and apparel rules though. Personally i see nothing wrong with a fun celebration from time to time, but i dont make the rules. I dont think its too much to ask of what should be grown mature adults, privileged to play a game and earn $ most can only dream of, to be more mature and be a better role models for the youth and others

6. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Dipshit like father like son...a real owner would say our teams gonna be standing and anyone that doesn’t see fit to do that won’t be on the field on Sundays

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Yup.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Chris Johnson to Maccagnan: "Hey Macc, let me ask you something. Looking at our 2018 roster, do we have any anthem protesters?"

Macc: "Nope. Cleaned them all out. We're good."

CJ: "OK, fantastic. I'll be making an announcement later today"

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. MeanGreenMachine88

30 miles from where thousands of people burned alive in the towers on 9/11 were not gonna have players disrespecting the anthem in our stadium that’s what I would say that’s what a real New Yorker would say

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. MeanGreenMachine88

Yeah the nfl changed the policy because nobody cares.... you have your head up your ass

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Brother. Just sayin'

12. MeanGreenMachine88

Too bad Canada is neither of those things...luckily they have the US to bail them out of any trouble

13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Because he's saying that if you work for him and you hate cops and desire to antagonize half the company's customer base over it ... that's a-okay with him and he'll even financially support the activity.

14. MeanGreenMachine88

Speak for yourself I’ve been to 3 movies in the last ten years

15. MeanGreenMachine88

Open your fuckin eyes the NFL addressed this because they lost ratings like the plague and if these malcontents are gonna make asses of themselves they don’t want them doing it on the field where the fans can see it and the cameras can pick it up

Get them out of sight it’s a good compromise. Of course if I were in charge it would be an automatic one game suspension...

16. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

TLDR of this thread, whiny Grandpas and social justice warriors bicker back and forth about something that affects none of them. Meanwhile Christopher Johnson and the Jets watch on wondering what all the fuss is about.

King Koopa likes this.
  17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He’s not saying that at all. He’s basically saying this new “policy” is a joke and he supports the players to express their views if they so choose. Notice he says he prefers they stand, notice ZERO Jets players have knelt. I would bet money you won’t see any players kneel and one of the reasons is that they wouldn’t want to put Chris Johnson in a bad spot after he said he’s got the backs of his players

Like I said before I voted for and support Trump but this whole Anthem thing is one of the biggest overreactions I’ve ever seen. When it comes down to it, I’m for freedom in America. I don’t agree with kneeling but if the NFL doesn’t have a policy that’s on them

TwoHeadedMonster and Walt White like this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Holy shit. A voice of reason.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Born, raised and lived 2 blocks from there. I had the towers at my window all my life.
    So yes, I'm a "Real NY'er"...and the Protests have NOTHING to do with any of that.

I Sat, I Knelt, I Raised my fist ..... because I am Boricua, I am a NY'er, and I'm an American.
    ..and to those who choose to stand. Go right ahead, It's your right and I did the same at one point,
    Stood, Hand on my heart, hat off....and hope to do so again!!
    The fact that anyone thinks a silent protest is UN-American needs to open up a book on how this country became and why soldiers and young men and women died for it. Just a hint, it wasn't for a flag.
    But as I said, I'm not going to sway anyone because for some people, this has NOTHING to do with a flag.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And Chris Johnson, who employs his players, just made it clear that the terms of employment do not punish protesters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.