Christopher Johnson will pay the fines of players that protest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

As I gain more experience in this world, I’m starting to learn that some people just enjoy being mad.

Those people aren’t worth a sane person’s time.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This.

And that’s why I love this team and Chris’s gesture.

This issue is not going to split this team.

Big Cat likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Lol it’s not a first amendment right and has nothing to do with freedom.

MeanGreenMachine88 and dmw like this.
  4. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

#1 I think we both know the majority is not the people you described #2 MY stance remains. If you tell someone to "go home" because they express their constitutional right to protest, you are a bigot in my eyes.

big·ot
    ˈbiɡət/
    noun
    1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

By the way and immigrant and a descendant of a slave is not the same. Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't conflicting the two

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No one cares.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Typical leftist .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Typical realist. No one cares that you’re cancelling your season tickets. Not even the Jets. You’re nothing but an account number to them.

Enjoy being a Texans fan. McNair seems more your speed.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Yawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Rollo Tomassi

So, if, by definition, you are intolerant of someone holding a different opinion, you are a...what?

Oh wait, I know, you think you’re...enlightened?

Because people who have an opinion different than you are...what...bigots?

Here, let me quote you quoting Webster:

"big·ot
    ˈbiɡət/
    noun

1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions."

I love when folks use the dictionary to make a point. And that point is proven wrong.

And you have a very slanted view of what the "majority" is.

Also, please don’t presume that you need to give me the benefit of the doubt. You obviously missed my point. I wasn’t comparing immigrants and slaves.

Nice try. Read it again

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I really like what he's doing, but why vote for it, then take this stance? If he felt this strongly, why not vote "no" or at the very least, abstain?
    Not a huge deal, I just don't get it. Wouldn't his stance have been more powerful if he voted no AND said he'd pay the fines? It just seems like it would have made more sense. Again, I really like the stance he took. And maybe somewhere in these comments and some columns written his explanation is in there. I just wish he would have gone the whole 9 yards.

11. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

OK so we're doing the internet sarcasm "clearly I'm smarter than you" routine? lol I don't need to feel enlightened. I simply know how to read. Just google the word. The definition is right there. How exactly was my point "proven wrong" again?

MY POINT WAS, if you think someone needs to "go home" simply because they don't agree with you, you're a bigot to me. That's not the same as disagreeing with someone.

So allow me to re-iterate once and for all, if you think someone needs to "shut up and go home" because they express their constitutional right and opinion, you are a bigot in my opinion. Disagreeing with someone is one thing. Example: You may vote one way and I may vote another. That's what voting is for. A bigot would want the vote suppressed. A bigot would try to keep someone from being allowed to vote.

The only thing I'm intolerant towards is lack of tolerance. EX. Saying someone should go back to their country; Saying someone doesn't have the right to express their constitutional right because it doesn't jive with yours; Saying someone doesn't have the right to free speech because they make a certain amount of money etc.

Not sure where you're going with your point or if there is one at this point, and I could be wrong, but it seems like you're hell bent on trying to make me feel stupid. I assure you it won't happen...no matter how many times you or I read either of the comments we've posted. But have at it, you can win the pissing contest. It's not my sport of choice.

12. Rollo Tomassi

Lol didn’t read much of that because, by your definition, you’re a bigot.

You’re intolerant of other people’s opinions.

Right? You posted the definition, not me.

If you don’t want definitions thrown back at you, don’t quote them. I don’t use Webster definitions in my philosophical discussions, I prefer using logic and reason rather than rote.

Don’t presume anything about me. Don’t put any of your preconceived notions about what other posters or what you’ve read on social media on me.

I haven’t said any of that.

I don’t think you’re stupid and I’m not trying to prove I’m smarter than you.

But you’ve proven one of my points that there are two sides of the coin. You just can’t accept that there may be some validity to both sides.

You can’t acknowledge the other side because...you know...bigot.

It’s easy to throw out bigot and change the narrative rather than have an honest discussion.

Have fun with that.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How in the hell is Chris a POS?

14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Poor Unhappy. It's Chris' fault too. Or is he just happy being Unhappy and is prospering? IDK?

#114 Walt White, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

No, it's not the opposite to clear-headed, rational people. Saying that the protest has accomplished nothing is laughable. You couldn't be more wrong. If it's been a huge negative to the NFL, it's because millions of Americans are bigots and morons.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

Let’s be clear here.

If you disagree with the players here you’re likely a racist.

And if you disagree with that opinion your likely a bigot.

You may not be a racist or a bigot, but....you know...if it can effectively change the narrative...you are.

17. Rollo Tomassi

This is bigoted and moronic to even suggest this.

It’s “streaming”, don’t you know?

:rolleyes:

MeanGreenMachine88 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

What utter nonsense. 20 year olds have just as much right as you or me to express their opinions. Protesting inequality is NEVER a joke! Inequality is a sad fact of life. This country was built on inequality and bigotry. This is the 21st freaking century. It's time for bigotry and inequality BS to stop! I applaud anyone and everyone that does what they can to bring that crap to an end.

You sound like the morons who used say, "America, love it or leave it!" There is a lot wrong with this country and a lot we have to be ashamed of that needs to be corrected. Some things are more important than football.

Why should the players give the money back they earned playing football? They weren't being paid by America. Their job wasn't to promote America. They are citizens and have rights. If anyone should leave this country, it's all the closed-minded, narrow-minded, provincial morons who think that people can't criticize the country they love and that the country is above criticism. The country would be much better off without them, the bigots, and the greedy bastards who want to maintain inequality (the status quo) so they benefit and keep other races and groups of people repressed. But as ignorant as they are, they have a right to voice their opinions, just as those 20 year-old millionaires who play football.

#118 NCJetsfan, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Ralebird likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

Nonsense.

20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I won't be watching any games this year. F Johnson! This was a bad move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.