Christopher Johnson will pay the fines of players that protest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

If I ever met someone who told me they were no longer watching football because of anthem protests I would feel seriously bad for them, you watch the NFL for entertainment not because you like and respect all the players. You might as well not watch any shows or movies or anything because odds are someone involved in that production did something you don't agree with.

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Hollywood is full of weirdos and creeps but we will keep watching movies and TV shows

People worry about the dumbest things and the media fans the flames

3. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

The NFL literally has a history of employing racists, murderers, abusers and don't get me started on the owners (uhhh Jerry Richardson?). I don't know whether to find it hypocritical or hilarious that supposedly a guy kneeling is the straw that broke the camel's back.

westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there is also a time and place for it. not at your job where you are paid millions of dollars and people paid lots of money to watch you play. They can do it on their time if they really wanted to but they don't. It's a shame when more NFL players will kneel during a pledge as a protest then the amount that will use what they have in life to make the world better. the NFL needs more JJ watts, and less kaepernicks. and the whole thing is a joke, because of kapernick wasn't a shitty QB he would be in the league still.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the owners arne't the one's protesting. nobody said they can't be upset but there is a time and place for everything. Ali didn't stop boxing mid fight to make a protest. He did his stuff out of the ring, but he was a professional in the ring.

6. Franchize

Ummm Ali paused his whole career to protest. Once again...Protest aren't supposed to be convenient. So the "time and the place" is when you DON'T want it to happen. Otherwise, the "just shut up and play" people will note when you're going to do it, and find ways to conveniently avoid it.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

That sounds like Vietnam-era "America, Love It or Leave It" reactionary b.s. and while it seems the left today has taken over the reins of intolerance towards dissenting viewpoints the fact remains: .that shit must never fly here in the Home of the Brave.

8. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Walt White likes this.
  9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Good leadership

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Maybe you missed my point. When I say a fair number today versus zero three years ago, that’s the sampling I’m doing. That is a geometric jump and nobody I know stopped watching football because of the Dez no catch or even the Patriots widespread and continued cheating.

And if you want to tell my two brothers and one of my best friends who no longer watch any NFL (other than their home town teams) they are full of shit, I would suggest not doing it to their faces.

If you don’t think this is an issue for fans, you are fooling yourself.

You know what, never mind, you’re right.

It’s not an issue and nobody is turning off the games and not attending the games and not buying merchandise because of this issue.

Just the few people I know so the NFL doesn’t really care about the issue and the owners aren’t going to be making any unnecessary rules about outlawing it any time in the future.

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Word brother

Woody being buds with, and backing, Trump is when things were shifted by fate for this hapless franchise and Providence put them on a better course, and a gave them FQB to boot...

The course of fucking history changed :)

FJF and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

I trust you understand there are blind followers in both sides of the coin? And geniune feelings on both sides as well.

And claiming “fake outrage” is dismissing one side’s entirely feasible genuine feelings on the issue but given the obvious side you’ve taken, it’s not surprising that you’ve nonchalantly dismissed it.

FJF likes this.
  13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is called always. There is never a wrong time to fight for human rights.

Basically, fining people for using their First Amendment rights is about as un-American as it gets. Only those who don't value freedom could believe something like that is justifiable.

As for the bull crap that is people claiming they've stopped watching on Sundays because of the kneeling, it's pretty impressive how they know every detail of what happened in their favorite team's game and two other games on Sunday, plus Monday's game. Ratings are taking a hit because there's too many stops in play for commercials, super inconsistent referees, rules that aren't clear, and a lack of parity in the league.

westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Franchize

I'm not dismissing either side's feelings at all. I'm dismissing those who aren't legitimately offended on EITHER front. No different than people who wore hoodies after Trayvon Martin's death for the photo op vs people who actually cared. I'm also calling out people who want to simultaneously express how offended they are while dismissing a larger group of mistreated citizens. Not just blacks and Latinos. Look how quickly some people wanted to dismiss the Redskins name debate. Stand on the side of your version of decency and have reasons for why when confronted. If someone asks me why I don't stand for the anthem any longer, I have a reason to give them backed by research and knowledge. On the flip side, I'm willing to entertain intelligent contrary debates, which I believe is the beauty of free speech. What I don't have tolerance for is people who spew out grotesque "Get out of this country" remarks and the like. (not saying you did)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Rollo Tomassi

I would never tell someone to “get out of this country” but I can’t dismiss the emotion behind someone saying that to someone else who absolutely hates this country and everything it stands for. You may think that Patriotism is a farce but it runs very deeply through a LOT of people’s veins and it’s not just blind loyalty or “stupidity”.

16. Franchize

If you tell someone to leave this country for expressing their constitutional right, you're a bigot. Gotta call a spade a spade.

It's also insensitive considering some people's ancestors were brought here against their own will and help to build this country with no compensation. And the same people saying "Go home" aren't willing to foot the bill. A lot of people wanna kick other people out but nobody wants to pay reparations or even a plane ticket.

btw...never said Patriotism is a farce

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Fuck Christopher Johnson and his support for these disrespectful pieces of shit...I'm calling tomorrow to cancel my season tickets.
    I'm not contributing the $ I bust my ass for to give to that asshole and have it trickle down into the pockets of these entitled losers who have no idea wtf they are protesting.

SackExchange69 likes this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

You understand that a lot of people saying “go home” are children or grandchildren of turn of the century immigrants themselves? Who didn’t come here entirely of their own will? Who didn’t get compensated? Who never owned slaves? Who weren’t or aren’t white supremacists? Or Nazi’s? Or bigots? Irish and Italian and Poles and Asians and Indian?

Who love their country because it’s the greatest country in the world? So great that people that absolutely detest it refuse to leave? And instead of assimilating to this great nation demand that it be changed to suit their demands?

You understand that, right?

19. Rollo Tomassi

Someone is going to call bullshit on you.

You’re cancelling because of the Dez Bryant “no catch” aren’t you?

You’re just going to stream games now.

FIRESTICK!!

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Not one Jets player has ever taken a knee during the national anthem....

Like, ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.