Christopher Johnson will pay the fines of players that protest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Can't wait to see what the media does with this, of course knowing the rags in NY it won't be a surprise if they ignore it but to come out with a statement like that the day the rule is enacted just seems wrong on all levels.

LAJet likes this.
  2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Chris is a POS. Woody is incompetent. Hess was incompetent.

94Abraham likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

At least you wont have to change your screen name :D

Ralebird, HomeoftheJets, FJF and 2 others like this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Chris is a POS for having the guts to pay the fines of his employees who choose to protest the Anthem? Wow.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Christopher Johnson and Todd Bowles have been completely supportive of their players’ rights to protest through this entire ordeal.

No Jets player has ever knelt for the anthem. Coincidence?

Treating people with respect is the best way to avoid problems.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This is how you create team unity, and cohesion between management and the players.

It's also a good way to deescalate the root of the problem, and likely lead to less protesting than telling guys that they can't protest.

Well done Johnson 2.0.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

CJ can own the Jets, Woody your services are no longer needed.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He hasn’t done a single thing yet. Now if he finally gets the balls to fire Bowles and gets a real coach in here, then we are talking.

LAJet likes this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This. Shit, keep your ownership still behind the scenes. Christopher as the publicly-seen owner is WAY better.

12. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

The decision to fine players was asinine to begin with. Couple that with the excuse that the ratings are down because of it. You can have your opinion either way but here are the facts. Facts are, if there's any validity to ratings being down it's partly because people are cutting the cord in terms of cable. I worked for Comcast once and I can't tell you how many people either downgraded or ditched their package altogether and for good reason. Even the employees who got a substantial discount. Another fact is, in truth, EVERYONE is in their right to not stand for the anthem. After educating myself on its history, I no longer stand for the anthem for different reasons than Kaepernick. Its a racist song written by a racist former slave owner. To vilify and fine someone for not standing for it shows how blind America has become to it's history. It's like buying a foreclosure, inviting the person who lost his house to your housewarming and getting mad because he declined. Not trying to OD on the politics but I just wish ONE major sports media outlet would mention this. Just one.

As far as the Jets are concerned, I hope Christopher Johnson is true to his word and this wasn't a publicity stunt. Not saying I don't believe him. He seems a lot more level headed and in touch than Woody.

westiedog1, nycarl and CotcheryFan like this.
  13. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

14. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite... hes saying its OK to break rules, and bordelrine encouraging it, because he has $$$$ and is willing to flaunt it. Not a good role model for anyone...

Lets not also forget this “protest” has dragged on waaaayyyy to long, has accomplished absolutely nothing, and whether you agree with it or not, has been a huge negative to the NFL.... ya know, the entity that employs them....

15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Never prouder being a jets fan than I am today. A rare feeling, lol. And judging from the responses in this thread, and my friends and coworkers today, I think we are in the substantial majority

16. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Well we're talking about it, therefore it accomplished at least one thing...

And what exactly is the time frame for a protest's duration?

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

unpopular opinion coming

while I applaud the jets ownership for backing their players (it makes them look like a great place to be for free agents and happy players, play better) I think this whole situation is dumb. I'm sorry but 20 year old multimillionaires protesting inequality is a joke. I don't watch football to see a political protest. They need to shut up and play the game. If they think America is so bad, they should turn around, give back the money they made in the US and go to another country. guarantee they come running back.

94Abraham and MeanGreenMachine88 like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's possible to love your country and protest it at the same time. That's part of what makes America special.

19. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Last year in week 1 i went to the game in Buffalo. I was standing in line for beer when the anthem started. I personally believe in standing at attention for my and other countries anthems and so i removed my hat and stood up tall to honor your flag and anthem (I'm Canadian). As I stood there two guys leaning on the counter, one with a hat and one with an american flag bandana on their head, watched the attendant poor their beers and took the opportunity to go back and forth about how much they hate Kap for his protests. The young lady handed them their beers and as the anthem was still playing turned around, called me a fucking pussy since i'm a Jets fan then proceeded to head to their seats. A moment later the anthem ended, i put my hat back on my head and ordered my beer. I feel like i needed to share this story because, though i believe in standing for the anthem the players should be forced into it to appease these morons? Should the league now stop selling merch and refreshments during the anthem? i believe they should but we know they won't. Should fans be punished or removed for not standing or taking off their hat? People argue that they would get fired if they took a politcal stance at their job so should the players but fail to realize these players are the .01% at what they do and aren't nearly as replaceable. I personal would rather they quietly and respectfully kneel in comparison to the above.

#59 Jets_Grinch, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Who said “killing”? Who said “screwed”?

To act like it’s not negatively effecting them is just wrong and that’s why they took this step. The owners are dumping on their inventory (the players) because it is clearly effecting them and the growth they were seeing year-over-year for the past decade has slowed down.

That’s a loss in the eyes of the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.