I think Teddy starts all 16 games...(Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 4, 2018.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I disagree. If a QB is looked at being "pro-ready", they do not fall to the 2nd round.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Teddy went at the end of the 1st. The Vikings traded up to get the 5th year option on him. Carr is the one who fell to the 2nd round in that draft.

Teddy was the safest pick in that draft at QB, albeit not the highest ceiling.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

As stated he did go in the 1st. He also had an additional year of high level production, better stats, stiffer competition, and won 2 bowl games.

He wasn't pro-ready the same way Russell Wilson wasn't.

Anyone else care to respond to post #41?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If any qb other than Darnold starts that many games 2018 will be another lost year.

5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

And for a third-round pick, in some cases! Or 'whatever we can get'.

We've been praying for that sort of season from a young quarterback.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think the issue here is that it’s extremely far fetched to begin with. Teddy isn’t that good, and if he has some outlier season where he puts up fantastic numbers are you going to ditch the Darnold experiment for him? No I don’t think anyone in their right mind would. One is probably the highest touted prospect since Luck and the other was mediocre to below average for two years then missed two years of football with a major injury. You cash out immediately in a scenario like that, every single time.

But again, we won’t have to worry about this.

7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Your comments are asinine.

There's one limiting factor, health. He either is, or he is not healthy. It's a 50/50 chance.
    You're just being cynical about the player for no obvious reason. Talent has never been an issue for him but now health is and if he's made a full recovery I have zero doubt he'll prove it.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I like Teddy, wish him luck and no one is trading him away so fast

But to answer the Medical/Injured at any moment question all you need look at for answers is what happened and how he landed with us for just 500k

The Vikings knew all about his injury and would not go further with him...31 other teams HAD NO INTEREST in Bridgewater...why? That injury must be really risky

Of Course, the 30th rank team ..Jets..in the NFL takes a flyer on him because when you ain't got nothing ya nothing to lose

themorey and Br4d like this.
  9. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

I know his knees are bad, but he's just box-squatting one plate? Seems like he is far from "healthy".

SettlerDawg likes this.
  10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I understand the logic behind what you're saying and a lot of it isn't wrong. Though I don't agree with your factors that brought him here.

Cousins and Minn not wanting to pay him is the reason he wasn't retained. Why would they.

As for other teams interests, he had quite a lot of interest based on the reports during FA. I'd say a lot of his motivation for choosing the Jets also had to do with his path to playing time. While other teams may have been offering backup roles, or low offers. The Jets also got a low offer on him but incentive layden up to 15mil so I think it's just a case of him betting on himself.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Really? What other teams were interested in him?..News to me

12. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

File this under great problems to have. I'd be much more excited to have Bridgewater start the season that McCown. If he plays great, then he's just another asset (or Darnold is), which makes the team better.

13. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Just to amplify your comment if I remember correctly I read that his injury was so bad that there was talk that his leg might have to be amputated.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He was 100% more pro ready but he didn’t warrant a high first round pick because he doesn’t have the biggest arm, was physically a little slight and he bombed his pro when he inexplicably didn’t wear a glove when he wore one all throughout college (after not throwing at the combine).

But he played in pro style offense to perfection at Louisville and his ability on pre and post snap adjustments were some of the best if any QB is several drafts.

Being pro ready doesn’t mean you’re the top pick, it just means the adjustment from college to the pros is much quicker.

He’s not nearly the physical talent that Darnold is but if his knee is healthy he’s a starting QB in the NFL, and a pretty good one.

Reminds me of a slighter but more athletic Pennington. Very high football IQ, very accurate but not a gun.

#74 Rollo Tomassi, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes it’s asinine to doubt that a guy who was mediocre at best before missing two years of football with a major injury will come back and have not only a career year, but probably a top 15 year of any quarterback in the league. I’m just being cynical, that’s it.

Why call it a hypothetical when you’re going to dump on anyone who thinks it’s not possible?

#75 BroadwayAaron, May 5, 2018
  16. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

If he's healthy, then Teddy Bridgewater is trade bait if some team loses their starter in training camp or preseason.

17. Rollo Tomassi

100%. As much as I’d like to see Sam ASAP, I don’t want to see McCown take one snap as the starter and would actually love to see Teddy play.

18. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

-Teddy was NOT more pro ready. Darnold is the best QB prospect since Luck. Teddy was a prospect but not on the same level. Theres a reason he was a 2nd day pick.

-If Zimm was trying to win 10-7 its because he knew what he had in Teddy. Funny he wasnt trying to win 10-7 with a journeyman Case Keenam

-History and common sense tells us that someone with multiple ligaments that are torn and repaired to shreds in his knee will be more susceptible to re injury.

-As far as keeping him around, if Teddy proves he can get through the rigors of camp, can take hits in preseason he should be kept around. His experience can help Darnold and hes another level of protection. If he can actualy play.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  19. Rollo Tomassi

Teddy was a first day pick. Vikes traded up into round 1 to take him.

And he was not NEARLY the prospect as Sam is but he was more pro ready.

#79 Rollo Tomassi, May 5, 2018
  20. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Youre right, my bad. He was the last pick of the 1st round.

I didnt say he wasnt pro ready, I thought it was funny that the post said he was more pro ready than Darnold.